56,074 unique designs online
3,179 design sets/packs

Download them all with a VIP membership
Get them all on DVDs

Register/Login/Logout
Back to Top Articles | Project of the Week | Instructions | News | Tips | Peoples Projects
Search our reading room for:

Another Granddaughter Another Quilt!

by PattyI’m a grandma again–in February–so I had to get busy again with another quilt.
This one I used the Partial Filled Bears embroidery designs so I didn’t want all those threads on the back.
I hooped the front piece of material with stabilizer and embroidered the design except for the last thread color which also outlined the entire design.
Then I used iron on tear away on the back piece for the quilt and used temporary spray glue to attach the batting to the back.
I took the design (still in the hoop) off the machine and used glue stick to attach the two pieces together.
I then put the whole sandwich back on the machine and finished the design.
This is probably not the most desirable way to make a quilt but. for me it worked. You can see/download/purchase Partial Filled Bears by clicking here. You can see all sets by Heidi by clicking here.

another grandaughter quilt changeme full

another grandaughter quilt changeme 1 another grandaughter quilt changeme 2 another grandaughter quilt changeme 3

This entry was posted in Projects. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Another Granddaughter Another Quilt!

1. maggie says:

Hi Patty, Thank you for sharing your quilting instructions. Your quilt is adorable

2. Bev in TX says:

What a sweet quilt! I liked your choice of designs, the colors and your multicolored binding :-).

Bev in TX

3. Casie in Yuma says:

Beautiful! How did you put the completed blocks together? I see you used sashing, but wondered how you added it to give nice edges.

Thanks!

4. Regina Cooper says:

Very smart!

5. kittyjo says:

Oh! what a wonderful idea. I wish I had read this (or been smart enough to think of it) before I embroidered all my Sunbonnet quilt squares!.
    Thank you.

6. Dee says:

Very pretty

7. carol fitzgerald says:

what a great idea your very clever and if it works thats great. how do we get new ways of doing things if we dont experiment. if it doesn`t work no one need know.