DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Thread: I got PE Design Plus for Christmas and have questions

Default I got PE Design Plus for Christmas and have questions

Hi Everyone,

My embroidery machine is a viking/husqvarna Topaz. I gave up even trying to use my machine because the frustration from not having any software and not being able to change the size of designs or anything.

My dear hubby got me PE Design Plus (Brother) for Christmas but I haven't opened it or installed it yet because once I open it...we can't return it. So maybe someone here has the answers to my questions!

I can see that the software will do the editing and such that I was hoping for, however the things that I cannot see are....1. Does it allow you to view your designs and to make a "catalog" of your designs or is there an add on that I need? 2. Will I have any problems transferring the designs from the software to my Viking usb stick?

Yeah, I can go ask at the store he bought it from, but it is a drive....and I haven't had the time!

Thanks!
    Deb
    Addicted? Nah.....Im a "Design Hoarder Extraordinaire"

I also have Viking Topaz 30. Love it and still have much to learn. I have Brother PE design (haven't really used it to its full potential though) and still have MUCH to learn!! I use Buzz Explore and find it quite easy to use and catalogue, transfer designs to stick etc. Have NOT tried to change size or edit designs much yet (using PE design) I just change scale on the machine ....has its limitations I know, but don't have enough time as yet to learn a whole new system. Buzz Explore allows me to convert formats etc easily

Go to this site...
    http://www.sewingmachine-sales.co.uk...y-software.htm

According to what I read it seems to have what you are looking for. It saves imbroidery designs in VIP format. That can be used in your machine. Also it says you can Organize the embroidery designs.
    Hugs Patty_L
    Quote Originally Posted by MystyDeb View Post
    Hi Everyone,

My embroidery machine is a viking/husqvarna Topaz. I gave up even trying to use my machine because the frustration from not having any software and not being able to change the size of designs or anything.

My dear hubby got me PE Design Plus (Brother) for Christmas but I haven't opened it or installed it yet because once I open it...we can't return it. So maybe someone here has the answers to my questions!

I can see that the software will do the editing and such that I was hoping for, however the things that I cannot see are....1. Does it allow you to view your designs and to make a "catalog" of your designs or is there an add on that I need? 2. Will I have any problems transferring the designs from the software to my Viking usb stick?

Yeah, I can go ask at the store he bought it from, but it is a drive....and I haven't had the time!

Thanks!
    Deb
    Last edited by p_lanter; December 29th, 2011 at 04:29 AM.

I also have the PE Design Plus. I have done a couple of pictures on it. I saved my work on a flash drive, then I can pull it up when I go into the program. I also have the scanner that goes with it and have tried it with my son's picture. The other one I did was from a photo on my computer of an Aultman Taylor tractor. There is a manual that you want to read before starting. I have read it 3 times now and learn something each time.

cooperregina is offline Lifeblood of the Forums Site Admin/Moderator

I love my brother pe design plus. Open it. You won't be sorry. It will do,the things you are asking for and more.

Thread Information