DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Thread: NEW Unofficial DBS Contest August/September 2016

Default NEW Unofficial DBS Contest August/September 2016

This is to announce that the promised August/September2016 unofficial DBS contest is now OPEN!
    The "rules" are simple, and will follow the format that Patty and motoandnutty laid out so well in the contests from a few years ago :-
    You
    all may enter a maximum of two projects, - they do not have to have been created during these months (but they must not have been entered in any of the DBS contests before).
    A 'project' is
    ANYTHING that has a DBS design embroidered on it - be as "interesting" as you like!
    Here are the main guide lines :-
    A)This is the thread where you post pictures of projects that you want to enter into the contest.
    B)You can each enter 2 projects per Contest.
    C)You may use other designs in your project but must use at least one design that is from DBS.
    D) You must mention what DBS design/s you have used in your project.
    E)If you used a design from another source in addition to a DBS design please also try to state where the design came from.
    The winner gets to choose 5 of the prize designs in the prize pool.

2nd place gets 4 choices.
    3rd place gets 3 choices.
    All others that enter the contest will get to choose 2 of the prizes.
    Those who vote, but have not entered a project will get to select one prize design.
    This contest will end on Friday 30th September 2016

For this contest there will be a Bonus Prize that will only be available to those who ENTER the contest - (not part of the prize pool for voters)

Here is a stitch-out of my applique ying yang design that measures 3.98" x 3.97" (hopefully it should fit in a 4x4 hoop - if needs be I could shrink it a tad if you request this when you claim it ) - as that Bonus Prize on offer this contest - (it can work as an applique or patch/badge.)

(Hoorah! Shawn has fixed the "Attatchment" function of the forums.) (post #7 link to Drop Box will remain as an easy way to view the prizes for the future.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ying yang applique 4inch BONUS PRIZE veronicasmith.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	42550  
    Last edited by veronicasmith; August 23rd, 2016 at 03:56 PM.

Here is a photo of a stitch-out of my dragonfly design that measures 3.26" x 2"

Name:	dragonfly veronicasmith.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	42551  
    Last edited by veronicasmith; August 23rd, 2016 at 03:58 PM.

Here is a photo of my continuous line elephant head design that measures 3.39" x4.44 " (I can include a file with the joining tails removed so that it would measure 3.39"x3.94" if you request this)

Name:	continuous line elephant head veronicasmith.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	42552  
    Last edited by veronicasmith; August 23rd, 2016 at 04:01 PM.

And here is a photo of a stitch-out of my ribbon swag with tiny butterfly (a single swag + butterfly measures 1.6" x 0.78" ) - (I will include files with repeats of 2, 3, 4 and 5 that will stretch it up to 7.95", and also the butterfly on it's own so that it can cap the end of the swag) as the third of the prizes on offer this contest.

Name:	butterfly swag veronicasmith.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	42553  
    Last edited by veronicasmith; August 23rd, 2016 at 04:04 PM.

And for the fourth and fifth of the prizes here are photos of the stitchouts of the second and third pages from the cloth-book set donated by cooperregina measuring 3.76"x3.74" - one with "ball" and one with "moon"

Name:	soft book 4x4  babys first book page ball cooperregina.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	42554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soft book 4x4  babys first book page moon cooperregina.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	42555  
    Last edited by veronicasmith; August 23rd, 2016 at 04:07 PM.

cooperregina is offline Lifeblood of the Forums Site Admin/Moderator

Thank you for setting up another contest for us, veronicasmith. I'm definitely going to enter something because I want that yin/yang design. ��

Hoorah!!! We can upload photos to the forums again. , the photos of the prizes are in the above posts, but I will keep the Drop Box folder so that you can view the pictures of the prizes on offer for this contest, and will later create another one with the prizes from the last contest (we will be building up the "prize pool" so that all prizes will be available for you to pick from.)(If I manage future "Bonus prizes" there will be a pool of them for those who enter the contests to pick from)

The second link below is to the Drop Box folder where you can now view the prizes from the first New Unofficial Contest (June-July 2016)
    These folders now form the pool from which you may choose your prizes.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b8v4uhcyfw4nxt0/AABofSY6o0XIXiBNtfcEEgLSa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lwwhw03ye...aMeyutUJa?dl=0
    Last edited by veronicasmith; September 27th, 2016 at 12:22 PM.

I am delighted to see that we can post pictures in the forums again, and look forward to seeing the first entry for this contest (hope I don't have to wait too long )

Thank you so much for taking this on. It was so much fun to see what people were making during the last contest!

Default Pennant Banner for Granddaughter about to graduate from Navy Boot Camp

My granddaughter will be graduating from Navy Boot Camp in Chicago on September 30, 2016. I made this pennant for my daughter to take with her and decorate the door of her hotel room. Below is a link to the DBS design I used. The font is "Chicago" (it seemed appropriate) and I think I got it form Apex.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0 Kayleigh Navy banner.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	42587

http://www.designsbysick.com/details/blankbanner

Thank you for once again being the first to post a project for our contest, cooperregina.

That is a really neat banner and will proclaim to all who see it how proud you and your daughter are for your granddaughter.

You will be the first to receive the contest BONUS PRIZE (which I wrongly named 'ying' yang instead of 'yin' yang - so feel free to re-name it when you download it )

This is a gentle reminder to say that there are two weeks left for this contest to run, so I do hope that there are many of you thinking about making an entry (or two).
    It would be nice to hear from any of you who is planning something, as even that could be enough to fire the imagination of someone else.
    Remember that the project you enter could even be something that you have made in the past, just as long as it has not been entered in a DBS contest before. If you have made something already given to family or friend, why not ask them to take a photo for you (I know I often have parted with something before I think to record it! )
    I do hope that this contest will be a success, but that does of course depend on some participation, so PLEASE get your thinking caps on, and share with us what you come up with.

Default Halloween bags for big brothers

When I make baby gifts, I like to make something special for any big brothers or big sisters. I think the boys will like these. They are from the new mini Halloween gift bag set. http://www.designsbysick.com/details/minihallogiftbags

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	42608  

I know they will love these gifts, cooperregina - they are sweet and cheeky at the same time, which is just the ticket for a couple of little boys.
    I wish that there was another BONUS prize I could send you as you certainly deserve it for the support you have given to these contests. (maybe when I can build a pool of bonus prizes there will be one for each project.)

I am so sad - i was not able to do any stitching in the past weeks because of holidays and other stuff. Hopefully i will get something done next week.... Just wanted to let you know that i have not forgotten about the contest.

Good luck!

This is a not quite so gentle reminder!!
    There are only 34 hours left for this contest to run!

I still live in hope that there are a whole bunch of you that are waiting 'til the very last moment to enter (I have to confess that this is the senario that I all too often fall into myself ), but if this is not the case, then there will understandably be no voting available - (it would obviously be a VERY difficult task to attempt to pick THREE favourites from a choice of TWO projects! )

For this reason, we NEED to have a MINIMUM total of FOUR projects entered by the deadline of the moment that MIDNIGHT of 30th September passes the International Date Line West (the last place on the globe that September 2016 will linger )

Sadly, I have to call a close to this contest, as it is now long past September in every part of the planet.

Cooperregina
    will of course receive all of the prizes that were not donated by herself, but I am sorry that she will miss out on the "fun of the chase", as there were no other runners this time.

I am obviously going to have to re-think the contest formula if there is going to be any sort of future for them -

I think that we will try a three month run for the next one so that everyone who creates their Christmas presents with their embroidery machine (surely that includes most of us? ) will have the time to do even those last minute panic stitchings and still be able to share with us before the New Year creeps up on us.

I am sorry that there is not any opportunity to vote this time, but we cannot have a contest without participation.

I will announce the October/November/December contest in the next week or so, but if any of you have any words of wisdom, (or are able to help provide a prize or two,) I would be SO glad to hear from you.
    Last edited by veronicasmith; October 1st, 2016 at 09:01 AM.

Thread Information