DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Thread: FSL Star Lamp or Tree Topper

Default FSL Star Lamp or Tree Topper

Thanks to DBS Hourly Free designs, I have the parts to make this FSL Star Lamp or Tree Topper. However, the freebies did not come with instructions and so far I've not been able to find instructions in the articles or forum posts.

I believe I can figure out how many pieces to stitch out, and how to join the parts, sort of.....But, for creating a usable lamp? What kind of light is safe to use in this? How do you affix the FSL to the lamp? For creating a tree topper, do you just leave a section open when you are assembling? Once all the parts are assembled, what do you do to make the parts hold their shape? I've been using Inspira water soluble stabilizer (the opaque kind), but it is very soft and the finished pieces are sort of floppy.

Dear Shawn, thank you for the freebies, but please help us figure out how to use them.

Deb

I would use Ultra Solvy by Sulky. When you rinse out the stabilizer, leave some in to keep it stiff. If it is still too soft dissolve some pieces of solvy in warm water and soak the embroidery again, leaving enough of the stabilizer to keep it stiff.

pam

Stabilizer is not a problem. Have you made this project? What I need to know is how to sew the parts together, and how to make a lamp as shown. What kind of bulb can be used safely, what wattage, etc.

you can sew them together using zigzag stitch on your machine and also use a glue gun if they wont go through your machine - hope this helps x

The sewing technique is not the problem. What we have not been told is what kind of light can be safely used in this design, and how to assemble so that a light actually works like this.

Shawn Knight, couldn't you put the instructions as a free download with the color charts? We work hard to find the pieces, but we cannot get the instructions? Please?

I would use the battery operated lamps that can be found at dollar tree stores or other places. You don't want to use a light that puts out to much heat.
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Thread Information