DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Thread: VIP - Turbo download page revamped for bulk downloading utilities

Default VIP - Turbo download page revamped for bulk downloading utilities

Turbo download is designed for you to use a bulk download utility to download all the design sets available from one page. I (Shawn) can not recommend any product at this time but the best thing to do is consult this thread for a recommendation or search google for 'bulk file downloader'. You will be able to find one for your browser. If you find a good one please post to this thread.

Note that downloading all designs of one format will take a while as it exceeds over 2 gigabytes without stitch charts.

http://www.designsbysick.com/turbodownload.php

So, my question here, is, does this download all the designs across the sick site? All .hus designs for example?

Do you need to use a DL utility?

Yes it does

Hi,

Thank you for the turbo download option.

I tried a browser bulk download extension and it kept crashing my browser, plus it didn't see pes files.

I tried again with a different extension, this one is Batch Link Downloader

I went to the page and chose pes, then I opened the extension from my browser icon and it saw every link there was, I shift+A from the top to the bottom and then chose "select" and hit the download button.

I expected to crash my browser again but much to my surprise it never crashed, but omg all that clicking on "save" was hard, so I put a weight on my enter key and took a shower, the downloads were finished when I came back to the computer.

Some advice if you are going to try this; have your folder ready for the downloads, you will save a lot of time by making the folder and downloading one thing to it so your browser goes directly to that folder for the next download.

Close out or minimize everything, have nothing showing on the desktop except for your download windows, this will keep you from accidently opening files during the short lull between the download windows, if your folder window keeps popping up just close it so it can't open again.

Have something to put on your enter key, 8k+ (double that for files and charts) files is a LOT of clicking.

My only question is about new files, I don't want to download the whole batch again, but how will I know when new designs are added so I can keep up-to-date?

Hope this helps

Sandi

DoragonMama...Thanks for the link and update on how you were able to download all the .Pes files...what about the stitch charts? Were you able to get them the same way or ???
    Last edited by dragonflyer; January 13th, 2017 at 10:08 AM.

Hi,

Yes I have the stitch charts.

What I did was I used the link for pes and stitch charts, the stitch charts are zip files so when I opened the downloader I specified zip as the format I was looking for, after the program sorted out everything except zip I used crtl+a to select all, hit the select button and then the download button.

You could probably do both pes and zip from the same download page, but I did mine separately for testing purposes, downloading with the previous bulk download browser addon had taught me to be careful in what I downloaded so I could test for corruption in the files before I recommended any addon to use for this.

Hope this helps,

DM

Thanks so much for the update...I appreciate your reply...

Thanks for the points.

Glad to help, if you need any more help with it let me know

I tried this for firefox ... confusing at first but if you just use the defaults it will download the page.

http://www.downthemall.net

Install addon then right click on the turbo download page, you will see the download them all option as in the attached image.

After right clicking and selecting download them all, just hit the start button on the bottom of the download them all window, use exisiting defaults.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downloadthemall.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	42775  

I just used the Turbo download to get all the designs at once. I have found though that some of the designs I didn't get. An example is DD Angel Wings. Am I missing singles or something? Also, how will I know when new designs are added? And How often are new designs added?

Which file format did you use?

I used PES file

I will try this.

Thread Information