DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Thread: Hello all

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello all

I am a digitizer new to this site. I live in a garage apartment and my landlady has introduced me to this site. She has finally convinced me that I should share my work beyond the reaches of my little town.

I have been digitizing for several years and have kept my work all local until now. I love making ITH projects, lace and anything else that my family, friends and neighbors have wanted.

I have hopes that Sageroze (my landlady) is accurate in her encouragement for me to post my designs here that you all will like my work as much as all who have enjoyed it to date.
    Happy Stitching to All
    MoonStar
    Yvonne
    Last edited by MoonStar; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:38 AM.

2. Likes cooperregina liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you finally posted here. I see that you also (so to speak) tagged me here.

4. Likes cooperregina liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and nice to "meet" you...I am looking forward to seeing some of your designs.

6. Likes cooperregina liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, MoonStar, I hope your Movie Night set gets voted on pretty soon. The pop corn looks delicious!

8. Likes Pea liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have submitted a couple of sets already and I think the couple of sets I have submitted but have not been put to voting I did something wrong. I talked with SageRoze about it and she thinks it is my photos that I submitted with the designs. So I am sitting here working on redoing all the pictures and going to resubmit the set. Sure wish I could figure out how to delete a couple of submissions that are messed up so that I don't have all that clutter on the submission page.

I am with the understanding you are a digitizer also (unless I have that wrong).If I can get the full understanding of how all this stuff works would be great. It would also make it much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you there are expansions on that set as well I just have to get the submissions done right so they can get put to the voting. Working on making the changes that SageRoze told me I should do and I am hoping she is right. What she told me Is logical so working on that now. I would like to see a set get voted in also. SageRoze has been trying to get me to submit my designs for a long while now.

Happy Stitching all

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to DBS, MoonStar! Can't wait to try out your designs.
    Never give up, never surrender.

12. Thanks MoonStar thanked for this post
    Likes MoonStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MoonStar, welcome to DBS forum. Its always nice to meet new people and digitizers. You've got a great person to go for in help with Sageroza.
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

14. Thanks MoonStar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, MoonStar. Please bring us some designs as lovely as your name!

16. Thanks MoonStar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to sure try to bring designs that folks will love here as much as they have in my local town. Should you have any particular designs in mind please make suggestions. it is hard to decide what to put on here. I welcome any and all replies and suggestions.

Happy Stitching

Post Thanks / Like

MoonStar, there are lots of suggestions for new designs at

http://www.designsbysick.com/forums/...gn-suggestions

You will have to change the date to see them, but there are lots of good suggestions there.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

19. Thanks MoonStar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi nice to meet you

Post Thanks / Like

MagicalThings4U, so nice to meet you and I do believe that you have a very nice and creative landlord (Sageroza). Looking forward to seeing more of your designs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shastasmom View Post
    MoonStar, there are lots of suggestions for new designs at

http://www.designsbysick.com/forums/...gn-suggestions

You will have to change the date to see them, but there are lots of good suggestions there.
    I don't quite understand. Change the date where to see them?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoonStar View Post
    I don't quite understand. Change the date where to see them?????
    Cursor down to "Thread Display Options" under "Show threads from the..." click on 'Beginning' then 'Show Threads' and all suggested designs will show up, 20 to a page. Some of the designs may have already been completed, but I know others have not been.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi MoonStar,

Do I see that your name is Yvonne? It helps me to have a name - it's like a 'face' to see to talk to!
    I've enjoyed seeing your movie / popcorn sets on our voting page! They make a delightful series of design sets, and I'd like to see them all voted in and to be able to make the series! For so long we desperately needed more digitizers and design sets. Now we have new digitizers and designs, and we celebrate that! The challenge I see is that there seem to be so many design sets to vote for now, that it's really changing the voting dynamics. I think that a while back, they would have been voted in fairly quickly. Now with so many sets to vote on, the votes are spread out so much that it's keeping some designs from 'winning'. If you look at the TOTAL number of votes for all the popcorn sets together, the number is high. But with having several different popcorn sets, the votes are separated / spread out, and that makes a difference. I wish they could be combined into one set and voted on as ONE. I think they'd win rather quickly! Even if there was a change to combine them to two sets instead of four, that would hasten winning the vote. There seems to be another change or dynamic happening with the voting, which causes me to wonder what's going on... the voting seems to be becoming influenced somehow... But I also see a positive with the voting; as more people become involved in the voting it becomes more interesting! At least there is an interest! That is good.

MoonStar, please be patient and don't give up. I like your designs. They would REALLY make a great set to make and have, and to gift, all together! Wow! The only thing that I really watch in designs is that they have a good UNDERLAY. If there is no underlay, they will not produce a good quality, lasting design. If you have good underlay in these designs, I'll be shouting from the housetops! (If not, I won't stitch them or vote for them again.)

Please be of good courage. You are here for a reason and a purpose. You meet a need in bringing new digitizers and designs, AND new ideas and projects. So please receive a hearty WELCOME to DBS. Give things a little time and don't give up. I think you bring something of value here.
    Last edited by ebanders; 1 Week Ago at 11:08 PM.

25. Likes cooperregina liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Moonstar,
    I to digitize and am new to trying to submit on line. I never know what to submit. so I asked my facebook groups for some ideas and I show them my new designs first.
    I normally sell finished items or someone sends me fabric that they want something embroidered, painted or embellished and I do it and send it back. I just finished a couple of designs that my grand daughters love.... Marion i added the pics of the bat and the kitty to my profile
    Last edited by Magicalthings4u; 1 Week Ago at 03:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is my given name but I do not use it, and do not actually answer to it.

Not trying to mean or rude here but I am a person that will speak my mind fully and sometimes without enough feeling. This is not a job for me as my real job is taking care of SageRoze since her wreck, and we have fun together creating.

I would potentially consider combining 2 of the sets I have posted as a single set, but I am not sure how to go about doing that. I figure from what I have been told and have seen on this site that if a person can sell of an alpha set as a set, then my work can and will sell as it is. If not on this site, it has and will continue to sell in my neck of the woods. Posting here was suggested to me as another option to sell my designs and it will either work out or it won’t. The rules here allow me to continue to sell my designs until they are voted in for this site, so I am able to sell them for now to my local sources and it works for me. I will however be pulling my sets once I have generated the $$ amount that I have set for the cost of the supplies I used during the testing of the designs and projects I create. Once I reach that amount there is no need for me to worry about them selling any further since this is all for my fun, at that point they will become a part of the annual disc that I make and sell at the fairs that I attend and many folks have become accustomed to my annual discs.

Hopefully this site will have voted in my designs and then I will not be able to include them in my annual disc.

HappyStitching
    MoonStar
    Last edited by MoonStar; 1 Week Ago at 09:37 AM.

28. Likes cooperregina, Magicalthings4u liked this post

Thread Information