DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Daily Check In 2017

Sonia, you have been missed. So glad you dropped in to let us know you doing well. What kind of furniture are you making. Would love to see some pictures.
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

I have redone my son's toy box I made 30 year ago. He doesn't want it back, so I will probably end up using that as a linen box in the guest room. The dressing table is done and the varnish on the stool is drying as we speak. Hopefully I can put it together over the weekend. I am busy with the design of the beds at the moment and that will take me a while. The pictures I have are not that good, but this is what it looks like:

Sonia, you are one amazing lady
    What can't you not do. I love the simplicity of the furniture.
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

I love simple, Shastasmom. I also like the finish and it is a great way to get some old board out of my way. I will have the wood for the beds cut, as I can't handle the big boards. I got the basic base figured out, now to look at drawers / packing space under the bed, then the side tables and headboards. It is still going to be a long time before the room is done, not to mention that it needs a coat of paint, too.

Glad to hear that you are keeping busy, Sonia! Your skills are mindboggling.
    Never give up, never surrender.

TurtleOwl is offline The best person I can be, thru both happiness and grief

Sonia - Good to hear you are OK and keeping busy. Sounds like you will have a nice room when finished. Any woodworking I have done recently have had to get help with the big pieces and watch how much I try to lift. I have done very little embroidery lately. My youngest grand daughter has spent most of the summer in my sewing room and with the roll-away bed in there there is no room to move. Also moved my disabled brother in as he can no longer live on his own and have had to seriously rearrange the house to give him space and safe access.

Great to see you back Sonia, you are one multi talented lady. I admire your energy.

Turtle owl, I hope your family realise how lucky they are to have such a wonderful family member. we all try to help family in need, but you are quite special.

My sewing continues, I've embroidered hand towels & washers by the dozen & am enjoying my new embroidery machine, It runs for quite a few hours each day.

The local hospital has asked my patchwork group to make knee rug sized quilts for the rehabilitation department. We are having a working bee next Thursday to get some tops done & then we will all go home & quilt them. Last month we were asked for premmie baby wraps which we delivered a fortnight ago. They use about 10 each month & the mothers get to take them home so we will be doing som every few monthe to replenish their supply.

Today is meant to be a nice warm day (for winter) so I'll be doing some weeding in the middle of the day.

I'm impressed with your skills also Sonia. The furniture looks great and must give you lots of satisfaction.

Did lots of sewing last night while Henk watched TV & today I weeded my front garden, I thought there were not many weeds in there but 5 hours later with only half the garden weeded I've decided I underestimated the situation. Guess I'll have to spend another day in the garden to get it looking decent again.

I'm almost finished with the small pillow and pillowcases I make for the youngest children at Martin Luther School each year. I found out today that they may not need as many as I've made because one of the teachers didn't let me know how many pillows and cases she still had in her classroom. I may have a head start on next year! Most of what I still have to do is pillows to stuff with poly-fil. Then on to my next project which needs to be either the Challenge Quilt I need to make for my fall Quilt Retreat or the Mystery Quilt I need to prepare for the same Retreat.

The older I get the smaller my flower beds are getting. It's just too hard to keep them looking nice. I'd rather be indoors sewing.

Thread Information