DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Daily Check In 2017

I have to add my compliments to the others Penny. The houses are delightful! I used to throw pots and enjoyed working with the clay but I haven't had a place to do it for over 30 years so I quilt now.

I've never been in an earthquake but I don't think I want to either.

I've started working on the small pillows and pillowcases I make each year for our school. They usually have somewhere around 30 children who take naps to that is my goal each year.
    I have about half of them make so far. My goal is to have them done by August 1.

I arrived home from Sydney 2 hours ago to find a lovely dinner about to be put on the table by Henk. I really have trained that man well!!!!! I had a great weekend with my relatives & a successful market as well. Now to start sewing again to build up stock again.

I love those little houses Penny.

I have been so busy with School Committee meetings, the Parish Council Meetings and of course working out in the garden while we are have this semi tropical weather. Have another Parish Council meeting tomorrow night. I never wanted to be a politician, but got pushed and dragooned into it, so i may as well enjoy the ride, it is hard work. I have listened to so many people with complaints and then there are those who whinge and wont help themselves.

Not much embroidery or sewing done this past couple of weeks.
    Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

You don't mind trying to help people if they will put in some effort to help themselves, but it is just frustrating if all they want to do is whinge.

I spent the morning doing some machine embroidery, dogs for patchwork cushions & did some other sewing while the embroidery machine chugged along. Then this afternoon I started the annual pruning & have plenty of rose thorn pricks to prove it. Still have another few rose bushes to do as well as the fruit trees.

I can't believe two days have passed since I checked in. I have moved over 90 cubic metres of soil in the last week. Well I moved it in three days and today I have been spreading gravel on where I moved the soil from.

No embroidery has been done this week so far, I will catch up eventually. The weather has been fantastic, too nice not to get outside and enjoy it.
    Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

No embroidering or sewing happening here this week either. Today was my third Dr. appointment this week; First an Oral Surgeon consult about removing a tooth that broke off inside a crown, then my routine Cardiologist appointment, and today my routine Primary Care Dr. appointment. Tomorrow we deliver Meals on Wheels to finish off the week. Maybe next week I can get something done at home.

Hubby went to the Dr. with me today as he has a bad case of Poison Ivy on his right arm. Instead of going to the Dr. right away he waits until his arm is swollen and oozing to do so.

Blimey, men can be so exasperating. The poison ivy will keep him occupied.

Brian is at work today, so was able to get my floors mopped without the usual performance. I am a selfish woman.

Nonnadonna, we can't live with them & can't live without them, so we just have to put up with frustrations like that. The 2 of you are certainly keeping the medical profession employed!

Glad you are having such good weather Phillipa. Now you are so good at shoveling soil, do you want to come down & help me top dress my lawn?

I had a lovely surprise yesterday, a friend who I taught with & her husband who Henk was very friendly with rang up & said they were coming to Tamworth then to Gunnedah to visit their daughter. Of course they had to spend half a day with us & we talked non stop. They moved to Gosford many years ago so we only see them every few years.

My daughter rang tonight, she works for Queensland roads & maritime. she loves her job, it entails telling people what to do, right up her alley. The one thing that made me laugh for about half an hour was a "problem" that landed on her desk & she was asked to phone the fellow involved. One of those jobs no-one else knew how to tackle. A fellow was driving his truck down the Bruce Highway with his window open & as he passed a stock truck nature called for one of its occupants & the result landed in his face. He rang the police & complained but was fobbed off with the reply that as he didn't get the number of the truck they couldn't take any action. He then rang the head of Queensland police & got the same response. Of course he wasn't satisfied so he rang the NSW police & asked what he should do. He was told that NSW cattle had never done anything like that to road users (oh yes we believe that) so they couldn't help him He then rang the Victorian police & got the same response. Now the entire east coast of Australia was going to hear about the, wouldn't you think he'd leave it there? No. He went & saw his local member who complained to the minister for primary industry, who very wisely sent the complaint to someone else, roads & maritime & good old Sarah who is never phased by anything had to deal with it. Sarah had to wait a week till she could think of the problem without bursting into laughter & until the urge to tell him he could have avoided the whole problem by winding up his window passed.

That is so funny. Penny, he should have been told just a hazard of the road.
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

I am still laughing about it. I do hope the Wisdom of Solomon was used before the answer was penned.

Spreading top soil would not faze me Penny. This evening I am spreading more gravel in my effort to make part of the garden look like the Stony Desert of Arizona. The cats are confused, they used to use the old garden for their toilet. They wander to the end they used to use and it is not longer there. little Blossom is a bit smarter than the rest, she discovered where I have put the soil and is using the new garden, she has decided behind a lilac bush gives her the privacy she needs. Now for the others to discover their new toilet.

I love your story Penny! I can't imagine how any of the ones who heard the complaint didn't immediately laugh. I'm sure it was a shock to the victim but such a silly reason to complain. Didn't we a short time ago have a discussion on cows passing gas? That might have been preferred in this case.

We took two young friends with us to deliver Meals today. The sisters are ages 11 and almost 8. At one point the younger one commented, " I wonder what Mom is doing now?" Without even a pause the quieter older sister said,"Probably enjoying the peace and quiet".

Sarah explained that the drive was not breaking any law as long as he had an effluent storage on the truck, but as she did not have the trucks registration she could not check this out.To her credit she did not mention that every other person, when they see stock transport approaching, winds up their window & changes their air con to recycle to avoid the smell.

It is a lovely wet day her today, we need the rain badly to build up some subsoil moisture. It's a good day for sewing.

Maybe the driver was a Pommie....I told Brian, 'do not try drive over that roo, it will cause problems', what do he do? don't listen to an Aussie, just because it lying on the road, dead. he reckons he thought the car was higher off the road..stupid man...we had burning roo flesh for a distance, I told him to reverse and disentangle the carcass..you could still burning flesh for a while after that. I can't wait until he hits a wombat. he will learn the hard way. Not that want to see a wombat injured or killed.

I think we all know that most men think they more than women when it comes to most things, but especially driving. I mean would you drive over a dog. I try to avoid running over all animals.
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

There's always plenty of dead wombats on the Putty Rd, Phillipa, perhaps you can organize for him to drive over one of those. That should demonstrate that you know what you are talking about! Tomorrow is meant to be cold, wet & miserable again so I'll just have to sit in my sewing room & sew. How terrible!!!!!

been up since 4am. Baked two loaves of bread, one for a neighbour returning from Florida and one for us, have been out and done the deadheading and mowing. Threatening to rain, but it has been for several days, nothing coming of it

Just another day, washed, ironed, preshrank some calico for mix master covers, weeded for an hour, embroidered some hand towels & washers & did a bit of mending. we re about to have the return of very cold weather with snow falling about 50 km from us.

Penny, did you make your own pattern for the mix master covers? I have a large Kenwood, yes it is red to match my kitchen, but of course have not yet made it a cover and can't seem to find a pattern to fit.

The weather here is FANTASTIC..it rained a bit yesterday, just enough to wet your whistle, but did give the garden some respite. My grape vine is full of fruit. I watch the grapes expanding, i will be giving some away to the neighbours this year. normally i get some raisin sized grapes off it and not even a full bunch.

I have my little porcelain baby doll on my desk. I have to make some heirloom clothing for her , finding a bonnet pattern for her is going to be challenge, but I am planning to make a bonnet out of FSL and lining it with underwear silk. All suggestions appreciated.

Yes Phillipa, I drafted it years ago to fit a kenwood & large sunbeam mixmaster. I used to help dad make covers for moving machinery, so it was a very small hop from designing those funny shaped covers to kitchen covers. If you still have my phone number in your machine, text me your address & I'll send it to you, unless very soon you are in Australia & can pick it up.

Made some Nutribullet covers today as I've been asked for them a few times.
    e went out for predinner thingies this afternoon & when we were leaving it began to pour. Of course our umbrella was at home safely stowed beside the front door, lots of use!

Some interesting reading here - I have not been on the forum for ages!

Hi, all! I have not been doing any embroidery and haven't opened a computer to do any work for a while.

I have not been entirely idle, though. I am redoing the guest room at the moment and it is going to take at least another 2 - 3 months to finish. Making furniture is a hard job and doing it in an ice cold garage is no fun.

Thread Information