DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How to attract customers to my shop?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to attract customers to my shop?

Hi there,
    I own an embroidery and crochet shop in Toronto. Unfortunately, we are having a slump in our business compared to last year. We had 77% of sales in the Dec 2015 but this Dec we got only 58%. Last two months we were analyzing the reasons for the drop, but couldn't find any particular reason. We haven't done any online or offline marketing for our shop other than some leaflets given along with purchasing bags. I would like to get some tips for increasing the sales and attract customers. We have plans for giving gift vouchers and gifts for the particular range of purchases. I heard that radio advertising can increase the brand popularity and sales and thought to do it with the help of a radio advertising production company in Toronto. I need your suggestions on this. Also, all innovative ideas for attracting the customers are welcome.
    Last edited by KristryJoh; 1 Week Ago at 02:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a shopkeeper, but I would make sure your ads mention that it is a locally-owned small business. Usually when I shop for crafting items, I go to a local store first, and then to a larger source if my locally-owned stores don't have what I need. Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like

KristyJon, I also am not a shop owner, but I think that I would set up a facebook page for the business and start collecting email address and notify customers of sales and special that you are having by email. I get emails from the 2 quilt/embroidery shops that I frequent and it makes me want to go in an see what they have. Also maybe start some classes in the different items that you sale. The classes would get customers in, then they would want to purchase your goods. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Shastasmom. Facebook is a good option. I will definitely implement it. Any other ideas? Please share it here.

Post Thanks / Like

Targeting local people with google adwords and facebook advertising is a good idea. Called geo targetting, setting a radius of people around you who search for what you are selling. Offering a online store will open a north american market. What do you sell? Embroidery machines and sewing machines?

Thread Information