DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Thread: Hi from Illinois

Default Hi from Illinois

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to Designs by Sick. I've been around for a couple of weeks.

I live in Rockford, Illinois which is northeast of Chicago near the Wisconsin border. We're actually a little closer to Madison, WI than Chicago.

I've been sewing around 55 years having started on my grand mother's treadle machine. I've sewn everything from wedding gowns to airline seats. I currently do craft shows selling upcycled, repurposed, refashioned items, mainly from denim.

This week my grandkids will be in from Atlanta. I'm making the three girls skirts from denim jeans. I cut the top part of the jeans off (the waist area) and add ruffles. Hoping to embroider t-shirts to go with them. For my grandson, I'm making a messenger bag from his dad's jeans (he passed away a couple of years ago).

That's a little about me. Hope to chat with some of you on the site.

~Sharon sewtastic1

Welcome to the forums, Sharon! You will be busy this week making so many wonderful, loving memories for your grandchildren!
    Never give up, never surrender.

Welcome sewtastic1 to Designs by Sick forum. We would love to see some pics of the skirts, etc that you make. You can inspire the rest of us with your creativity.
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Thread Information