DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Thread: Downloading designs for use with Janome 4 x 4

Default Downloading designs for use with Janome 4 x 4

I purchased and downloaded some designs this week and requested PES format this time. The designs were just on the borderline of those I can use once converted to SEW designs, so far they have been embroidering out OK. If I purchase borderline designs like this in JEF format and try to convert them, I am told that the design is outwith my borders. I am now wondering about all the money I have wasted purchasing JEF designs I can't use, should I have been choosing PES designs all along to convert if SEW is not available. I don't understand how a PES design of the size will fit into my hoop and the JEF doesn't unless the JEF designs are bigger. Can someone more experienced than me please give me an inkling? Thanks

cooperregina is offline Lifeblood of the Forums Site Admin/Moderator

I think it has to do with the brand of machine you have and the formatting within it. I have a brother machine so I use pes. I, too, have converted some files and then received an error message. I get around this by using software to change the size. I would suggest getting a trial of sewwhatpro at sands computing. If you decide to get it, it is only $59, which is well worth it if it works for you. Best of luck!

Hoggmartha, just curious, what kind of machine do you have? I have a janome and use jef format. If design is not centered for hoop size when converted you will get that error message. I center them using wilcom truesizer, its a free program, then i no longer have that problem. Hopes this helps
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Default downloading designs for janome 4 x 4

Quote Originally Posted by Shastasmom View Post
    Hoggmartha, just curious, what kind of machine do you have? I have a janome and use jef format. If design is not centered for hoop size when converted you will get that error message. I center them using wilcom truesizer, its a free program, then i no longer have that problem. Hopes this helps
    Hello, I have the Janome 5700 which only does the 4 x 4 inches. At my age I cannot afford or justify changing my sewing machine. I do have Wilsom Truesizer which I use to change format of designs, I am not sure how I go about changing the center, I have gone to auto start and stop and tried to do it that way, the message still comes up I can't do it. I am talking about designs say Jef designs3.86 x 3.86 which I should expect be able to use, quite disappointed to have spent the money as well. OK, now I do sound like a miserable Scots woman, we are just canny, not miserable!

I would give you step by step directions if I was home and had access to my desk top comupter, but unfortunately I'm in hospital due to my fractured pelvic.
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Quote Originally Posted by Shastasmom View Post
    I would give you step by step directions if I was home and had access to my desk top comupter, but unfortunately I'm in hospital due to my fractured pelvic.
    Oh wow, I hope they are managing to get you sorted out OK, I can fully sympathise, was at a physiotherapist here this morning with hip/pelvic problems, very painful the treatment but it has helped, roll on next week.

Stay well and all best wishes for speedy return to your home,
    Thanks, Margaret

cooperregina is offline Lifeblood of the Forums Site Admin/Moderator

You have a right to sound miserable but you are taking steps to fix it, so good for you! I bet someone can give you tips on using the Wilcox truesizer. Good luck!

Some designs cannot be centered. If they can be - open the design in Wilcom - under edit click on select all. You should now see the design has black squares at the corners.
    on the left, I believe it is the second row, you will see an and x and a y with numbers after them. Change those numbers to 0. This should center the design.

Some designs were not digitized centered and that will not work. Make sure you have the grid and rulers so you can see them. After you clicked on select all, you can move the design around. When you click on the design you will get cross lines in the center of the design, line those up with the 0 on the top and side of the ruler.

You will need to save this. In the event it does not work, I always save mine as "save as" and name the design so I will know it is centered. Such as teacup008 centered.

I have a Janome and always download JEF but I have had issues with non-centered designs.

Default Downloading designs for use with Janome 4 x 4

Quote Originally Posted by granny elen View Post
    Some designs cannot be centered. If they can be - open the design in Wilcom - under edit click on select all. You should now see the design has black squares at the corners.
    on the left, I believe it is the second row, you will see an and x and a y with numbers after them. Change those numbers to 0. This should center the design.

Some designs were not digitized centered and that will not work. Make sure you have the grid and rulers so you can see them. After you clicked on select all, you can move the design around. When you click on the design you will get cross lines in the center of the design, line those up with the 0 on the top and side of the ruler.

You will need to save this. In the event it does not work, I always save mine as "save as" and name the design so I will know it is centered. Such as teacup008 centered.

I have a Janome and always download JEF but I have had issues with non-centered designs.
    Thank you so much for that information, will have a go at that today, your help is appreciated.

Thanks very much granny elen,

I have tried your method, I have managed to save 2 designs, others I was not successful with but will keep on trying. Do I have to do anything with auto start and end, I did also try that after using your method and it still didn't work for those pesky ones. Perhaps I will just have to be glad I should manage some.

Thanks

Thread Information