DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Thread: Fabric adhesive recommendations

Default Fabric adhesive recommendations

Hi!

I am looking for a permanent fabric adhesive SPRAY that I can use that is flexible. I want to spray a cotton fabric to blackout fabric for a roman shade. I have basting spray for quilting but I know that won't work. (even tried it on scraps to make sure)

Thanks!!
    Amy
    Amy - married to my best friend since 2005 and mommy to beautiful twin girls (1/23/09), my Peach and Pear

My suggestion would be an iron-on fusible web (Wonder-Under) or Dritz heat set spray adhesive. Good luck!
    Never give up, never surrender.

What kind of roman shade are you making? I have made many roman shades and never used any adhesive or fusible web.

I have made roman shades before and they turned out very professional looking. I used Terrell's instructions but sadly her blog and videos and stuff I no longer accessible. I want to make some again but this time I do not want to use dowels. I have searched the web and formulated in my mind how *I* envision my trial run (ha ha haaaa) I know dowels give a more formal pleat yadda yaddda yadda.... and I absolutely am not making shades from blinds so no need to suggest lol.
    The only thing I did not like with using the back out fabric before was no matter how tiny my hand needle was I could still see the holes where I sewn the rings. That blackout fabric is such a bugger. This time I was thinking of adhering the blackout to the "pretty cotton" fabric then using the self stick ring tape on the back of the black out. (therefore when lifting the shade both layers are united)
    Now... given all that........ I may not be using black out fabric. I found an "old" brand new packaged white percale flat sheet from my late mother in law that I may use as the lining. I really want to make this as simple as I can. My time is limited and currently we have nothing on our windows in our living room!!!
    Amy - married to my best friend since 2005 and mommy to beautiful twin girls (1/23/09), my Peach and Pear

So to your question Red, no you typically do not use fusible or fusible web. This is an "Amy 1/2 cocked idea! :P

Thread Information