DesignsBySiCK.com home page

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Make ALL Wishlist Requests HERE!

Cutiepie is offline Moderator and Mama -- but don't make me change diapers here too!

Arrow Make ALL Wishlist Requests HERE!

This is the location where you are to make your requests for the member wishlist. The actual wishlist is now listed as "closed" but will continue to be updated as usual. The only real change is that the list itself will be the only thing on that thread (so that it is easy to locate the list and vote).

This is the location of the actual wishlist: http://www.embroideryforum.com/forum...-Three-Entries!

Feel free to comment, and please continue to support your fellow wishlist members!
    Last edited by Cutiepie; October 8th, 2009 at 03:12 AM.
    -Forum Moderator-
    Cutie Pie, Font of Useless Knowledge

Cutiepie is offline Moderator and Mama -- but don't make me change diapers here too!

Welcome to the (unofficial) Wishlist Voting group! Please read all the information included in this post (actually a compilation of several posts/answers to questions others have asked) before you continue. If you still have specific questions after reading this, please feel free to ask and someone (me or one of the helpful forum members) will answer as soon as possible. The actual list of "Wishes" is at: http://www.embroideryforum.com/forum...-Three-Entries

The members of the group have devised a way to combine their votes to get requested designs in a relatively efficient and quick manner. The way that it works is that every day members vote for the top three designs on the list so that they will win as the Daily Free design, or as the runner-up design offered on Facebook. If one or more of the top three are on a voting hold, you just skip that one for the day and vote for the next. If a placeholder reaches the top three, it is automatically moved back down to the bottom of the list, so it is best to NOT keep an empty placeholder, but to fill it with your wish quickly. Your wish can be changed at almost any time if you change your mind.

Once a design has won, it is removed and a placeholder for the wisher is placed at the bottom of the list, to be filled in with a new wish as soon as possible. This applies whether the design wins or is the "runner-up" on Facebook because there are ways to allow everyone to collect both designs, even if they don't "do" Facebook. Here's the scoop on PLACEHOLDERS:

A placeholder is not a wish. A placeholder holds a place (for a wisher) on the wishlist. Sometimes a visitor/wisher can't decide exactly which design to wish for but wants to join the informal team. Later, the visitor/wisher can request a design by asking for it in this forum. Then, the wish replaces the placeholder.

A placeholder should be changed to a wish (at the request of the visitor) BEFORE it reaches the top of the list. If a visitor is voting with the list frequently (hopefully daily), then she/he can post her/his request in a timely manner. If not, then the placeholder moves to the bottom of the list again."

Basically, it's either one wish OR one placeholder per person at a time.

The way that you get on the wish-list is to post here with the design set that you want a design from and also the specific design you want. I need everyone to be specific and choose a single design or it defeats the purpose of the list. I then add the new wish/wisher to the bottom of the list, and with your help, your design will come to the top of the list soon and be offered as a freebie.

Why do the placeholder dates sometimes not seem to add up? When an unfilled placeholder hits the "voting zone" (ie the top three spaces) it is sent directly to the bottom of the list without any changes. So, if it were "as of Nov. 13" it will stay "as of Nov. 13" but the next one to go to the bottom may be the one that just won so it will be "as of January 25" and perhaps the one before was "as of January 22". After a while, the dates will look pretty screwy, but they are actually in the correct order anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sewfrenzie View Post
    I'm sure you are quite busy, I am wondering what is the next design to vote for on the WISH LIST. I'm getting lost in the list. Thank you so much for all you do!!

It is always the top three unless one is on voting hold. If a wish is on voting hold, it is because a different design from that set won within the last 7 days. The wish will always stay up until it wins.

I try to keep wishes marked when they go on voting hold so that you don't try to vote on it again until it comes back off hold, but if I haven't marked it yet (and I DO get behind on occasion ), you will know that it is on voting hold when you go to the voting page since it will tell you right there that the set is on voting hold because one of the designs has won in the previous 7 days.

For anyone that doesn't know, if you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, you can click that like a button when you are highlighting a link and it will open into a new tab on your browser. That way, you can open the tabs/windows for the top three wishes without having to go back and forth with it. It helps a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by sandicu View Post
    Perhaps if you have more information about when and where you heard about people getting more than a single freebie from a set, For example: On the wish list, the flamingo earrings have been waiting patiently, now there is a picture and vote request on your daily free design for the flamingo AND shamrocks from the same set. Is that you randomly adding? That is what I was talking about. It seems like this happens often, where the request was there and then other designs from the same set go on the daily page and request votes instead of from the voting list.

Please understand, I am not complaining, I am trying to understand your process. Also I vote, I see the item on the free area and then I still see it on the wish list. Am I still supposed to vote for the top three even though they look fulfilled? Still confused. Thanks for the help. Sandi
    Keep up the good work and THANK YOU SINCERELY for the freebies!

Ok, I understand what you mean now. It is really just chance for two designs from the same set to be both the on-site freebie AND the Facebook freebie, and certainly nothing that is controlled by the wishlist. I have absolutely NOTHING to do with it either. It really IS controlled by the actual votes from Designs by SiCK users. Not everyone who votes uses or even knows about this wish list. But when a design shows up on the runner-up list (but not the number 2, which gets offered on Facebook), other people will see it and may check out the design set. They frequently then either vote for the same design or a different one from the same set, which results in two (or more) from the same set getting a lot of votes. If you look, you will see that the top five includes not only the flamingo earrings and the shamrock earrings, but also hearts and leaves. The FSL earrings are really popular designs. Another way that there can be two designs offered from the same set is when it is a new design set and so it just gets lots of votes anyway, and whichever of the designs are the most popular will be the winners. Keep watching, and you will see that there are NEVER two from an older design set unless one of them showed up on the non-winning top voted designs in a previous day.

When you see a request still on the wishlist that has been fulfilled, it is because I haven't gotten around to updating the list yet. The Wishlist is totally "manually" updated, not automated at all. Nothing changes until I personally change it. And just so you know, you CAN'T vote for a design that has already won (or had one from the same set win) in the previous 7 days because of the (automated) voting hold. The system doesn't even offer you the option of voting for those designs. When that happens, just skip over that wish and move on to the next until you have voted for three. I try to keep it noted when a wish is not available because of a voting hold.

I hope that answers all of your (current) questions! I know how easy it is to get confused, so I am always happy to (try to) answer any question you may have.

To make a wish with the proper URL, go to the page that shows the design set you want your wish from. Scroll to the bottom of the page to where it has a link that says "Vote for a Design". With your mouse hovering above that link, RIGHT-click your mouse and choose to "Copy Link Location" from the quick menu that comes up. That is the URL you want to use. I'm attaching an image of what this technique looks like on my computer. I have a ton of other "stuff" in my menu, but you can ignore that. Just find the "Copy Link Location" (or just "Copy" if the other isn't available).

It helps me if you put in the design description BEFORE the URL, but it doesn't matter that much which order you put them in. You can use the actual name shown on the site for the design you want (see that "Vote for a Design" page) or you can just describe it well.

Your "wish" should look like this (only with the proper info for the one you want):

Girly Skull 6
    http://www.designsbysick.com/votedesigns/girlyskulls
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy Link Location.jpg 
Views:	3028 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	25327  
    -Forum Moderator-

I am no one official, but I wanted to let you know that there is a protocol for making wishes. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can read extensive explanations about the wish list.

Here is the gist. To make a wish, pick 1 specific design from a set. Post the name of the design, (sometimes adding size and a brief description helps) and a link to the "vote for designs page" for that set (do not send a link to the vote for that specific design). The top vote-getter is the daily free and the second place is the Facebook freebie. If you don't do Facebook, you can ask cutiepie to send you the facebook winners by email or look for the posts on how to get the Facebook freebie without belonging to Facebook. Your wish starts at the bottom of the list and works its way up as the other wishes are fulfilled. If at any time you change your mind about your wish, just post your new request. You can change your wish without losing your place as long as it is not in one of the top 3 spots on the list. Once it is in voting range (top 3 excluding those on hold), if you change your wish it will be moved to the bottom of the list. If your wish wins and you don't immediately request a new wish you get a placeholder that holds your spot on the list until you decide what your next wish is.

The format for requesting a wish is:
    exact design name
    link to vote for designs page

Example:
    autumnbirdsnleaves_001
    http://www.designsbysick.com/votedes...mnbirdsnleaves

As a member of the wish list, it is your duty to vote for the top wishes on the list. This is not a mandatory rule and many of us will vote for designs from a new set when it comes up, but then return to the wish list for voting. If a set is placed on hold (because a design from that set won the daily or facebook free) then you just move on to the next wish until the hold is removed. Sometimes several wishes are on hold at the same time and you may have to move to the 4th or 5th wish or even higher.The more you vote for the wishes at the top, the faster they are cleared and the sooner your wish rises to the top. I hope this helps and would be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Sometimes a wish is not popular and is stuck at the top for a long time. Please be kind and vote for the designs in order and if voting for the top 3 leaves one passed over, please vote for that wish and use your other 2 wishes to vote for something you like that isn't near the top of the voting.

blessings,
    sewtired
    Last edited by sewtired; October 31st, 2016 at 10:49 PM. Reason: update information

motoandnutty is offline The mirror lies; actually, I'm young and GORGEOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by worthy View Post
    This message is for CutiePie.. could you please tell me how to sign up for your mailing list for the 'facebook' free design. I appreciate any help you can give me. worthy
    PS: I have tried to use the #4 instructions, however I am doing something wrong and cannot get it to work for me.
    Here is my method for getting the facebook design without logging in to facebook :-
    Under the picture of the facebook winner you will see 'See Set' - click on this to see the designs,
    and at the bottom you will see 'Buy Individual Designs' - click this to find the actual name of the design. (today it is cwswirlybirds_007)
    Put the following address in your browser bar :-
    http://www.designsbysick.com/todaypes/
    and finish the address with the name of the design
    , followed by a dot and the format you require (I use pes) :-
    http://www.designsbysick.com/todaypes/cwswirlybirds_007.pes
    When you click the arrow to go there you should be rewarded with the download of the design file.

Post Script
    Here is a link to sewtired's illustrated tutorial for this method.

http://www.embroideryforum.com/forum...ebook?p=493055
    Last edited by motoandnutty; August 31st, 2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: to add link to sewtired's tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity79 View Post
    Hello! i'd like to put my request for votes for the following two designs:
    ithheartbag_back_5x7
    ithheartbag_front_7x10
    ithheartbag_bag_7x10
    thanks!!
    serendipity79
    Welcome to the wish list. There are some guidelines for requesting a wish. Use the link below to get help.

http://www.designsbysick.com/forums/...ts-HERE!/page6

I hope this helps.
    blessings,
    sewtired

Quote Originally Posted by

Here is the gist. To make a wish, [B
    pick 1 specific design[/B] from a set. Post the name of the design, (sometimes adding size and a brief description helps) and a link to the "vote for designs page" for that set (do not send a link to the vote for that specific design). The top vote-getter is the daily free and the second place is the Facebook freebie. If you don't do Facebook, you can ask cutiepie to send you the facebook winners by email or look for the posts on how to get the Facebook freebie without belonging to Facebook. Your wish starts at the bottom of the list and works its way up as the other wishes are fulfilled. If at any time you change your mind about your wish, just post your new request. You can change your wish without losing your place as long as it is not in one of the top 3 spots on the list. Once it is in voting range (top 3 excluding those on hold), if you change your wish it will be moved to the bottom of the list. If your wish wins and you don't immediately request a new wish you get a placeholder that holds your spot on the list until you decide what your next wish is.

The format for requesting a wish is:
    exact design name
    link to vote for designs page

Example:
    autumnbirdsnleaves_001
    http://www.designsbysick.com/votedes...mnbirdsnleaves

As a member of the wish list, it is your duty to vote for the top wishes on the list. This is not a mandatory rule and many of us will vote for designs from a new set when it comes up, but then return to the wish list for voting. If a set is placed on hold (because a design from that set won the daily or facebook free) then you just move on to the next wish until the hold is removed. Sometimes several wishes are on hold at the same time and you may have to move to the 4th or 5th wish or even higher.The more you vote for the wishes at the top, the faster they are cleared and the sooner your wish rises to the top. I hope this helps and would be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Sometimes a wish is not popular and is stuck at the top for a long time. Please be kind and vote for the designs in order and if voting for the top 3 leaves one passed over, please vote for that wish and use your other 2 wishes to vote for something you like that isn't near the top of the voting.

blessings,
    sewtired
    The link didn't work so well, so the information above is what I was trying to get for you.
    blessings,
    sewtired

I'm just getting everything back together after having my hard drive crash three weeks ago, only to find that our dear Granny Elen and her son have been going through so much more than I have, that now I feel guilty for feeling sorry for myself. I'm sure we are all very appreciative of all the time and effort Granny Elen has given us all for the past 6 years (Wow, has it really been that long already?), and I hope you will all join me in sending prayers for her son's recovery and good wishes for her new volunteer project.

Pookah has volunteered to take over running the wishlist, so that Granny Elen can focus on her "real" life (I've heard that there is supposed to be more to life than just our computers . . . my kids sure don't believe that!) Please be gentle with Pookah as she learns the ropes on keeping our list running.
    -Forum Moderator-

HI, I am Pookah. I will be checking in and updating the Wishlist as needed.

Thanks to Sewtired for posting the daily freebies! She has graciously agreed to continue to do this when she can, since I do not get the chance till later in the day. Last night I was fast asleep before midnight, and busy with work in the morning. I would greatly appreciate it is others could post them when Sewtired doesn't post. I know some of you have done this, like Revhousehold1991. Thank you, Rev!

Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me, especially Grannyelen, who has kept this wishlist for 6 years! God bless her and her family.

Please change my placeholder of Oct 26 to:

Design name: daintybordersandmore_m4
    http://www.designsbysick.com/votedes...bordersandmore

Thanks
    Navigator

UPDATED
    Last edited by Pookah; November 16th, 2016 at 09:58 AM.

I'm still here! I stop in to vote - when I remember. Thank you all for the kind words and for prayers for our son. I really think he is starting to turn the corner as when I called to day, he sounded sort of like his old self. When I told him to call should their heater to be turned up, he informed me he could do it. He is actually hoping he can return to work in some capacity next week - He is a manager at WalMart. So he must be better wanting to go back to work the week of Black Friday!
    Thank you alll for being so patient with me not getting the updates up like I should have. I so appreciate all the help you all gave me. And I wish Pookah the best!

Please fill my placeholder with http://www.designsbysick.com/details/halloweenboobanner #3

UPDATED
    Last edited by Pookah; November 29th, 2016 at 10:16 AM.

Pookah, One thing I forgot to mention - if there is a place holder in the top 3 spots that does not have a request, that typically gets transferred to the bottom of the list. If after doing this 3 months, and the person has not made a request, that person gets removed from the list. I usually do all that at the beginning of the month. the 3rd paragraph on the Still Current page will help with that. If there are any placeholders from August at the end of November/beginning of December, they get removed.
    I'm sure things will come to me as time goes on, I hope you do not mind if I mention them.

Thanks for your willingness to help!

Please change my placeholder to:
    Design name: colorfulcircles_004
    http://www.designsbysick.com/votedes...olorfulcircles

Thank you

UPDATED
    Last edited by Pookah; November 20th, 2016 at 05:28 PM.

Just a couple of things. First, if you are on my Freebies mailing list, I haven't forgotten you. I am just having some major issues with my email. I can get messages, but I can't send any out (for some unknown reason). I am working with an IT specialist, and hopefully it will all be resolved tomorrow. At that time, I will send out all the designs for the past several months.

On a related note, a huge thanks to SewTired for posting which designs have won each day. I hope you don't mind, but I have actually created a new forum subcategory just for your "winning design" posts, and have been moving those posts from this forum to there: http://www.designsbysick.com/forums/...Free-PES-pages. As there shouldn't be any other posts made there, it should be easy for anyone to look up what won and when. All you will have to do is make a new thread each month and then post in that thread each day what has won. I hope this works well for you. Let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions or suggestions.
    -Forum Moderator-

Smile New Wish

Please replace my placeholder of November 17th with the following wish:

Design name: 06 holly curve
    http://www.designsbysick.com/votedes...ristmasborders
    Required by Daffodil Daisy

Thank you

UPDATED
    Last edited by Pookah; November 21st, 2016 at 06:36 PM.

my request won, so I can be moved to the bottom. Thanks everyone for voting for this set!

UPDATED
    Last edited by Pookah; November 22nd, 2016 at 10:39 AM.

Last edited by Pookah; November 22nd, 2016 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
    Just a couple of things. First, if you are on my Freebies mailing list, I haven't forgotten you. I am just having some major issues with my email. I can get messages, but I can't send any out (for some unknown reason). I am working with an IT specialist, and hopefully it will all be resolved tomorrow. At that time, I will send out all the designs for the past several months.

On a related note, a huge thanks to SewTired for posting which designs have won each day. I hope you don't mind, but I have actually created a new forum subcategory just for your "winning design" posts, and have been moving those posts from this forum to there: http://www.designsbysick.com/forums/...Free-PES-pages . As there shouldn't be any other posts made there, it should be easy for anyone to look up what won and when. All you will have to do is make a new thread each month and then post in that thread each day what has won. I hope this works well for you. Let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions or suggestions.
    The only problem I see with this is if others don't check this new post and fill in if I miss a day. I have added a post to the November list that Revhousehold had posted for the winners on 11-13 as I had missed that day. And, there are more posts for October, or do you not need those?
    Last edited by sewtired; November 21st, 2016 at 11:16 PM.
    blessings,
    sewtired

Thank you for my wish! Please change my placeholder to: https://www.designsbysick.com/details/blueworkbonnets design #4 Thank you!

UPDATED
    Last edited by Pookah; November 22nd, 2016 at 10:55 AM.

Is there a reason we have a separate thread for listing the winners?? Why can't they just be posted here like they have been?

I tend to be up when the Magic Hour hits and I post the winners from time to time if they haven't been posted already. But I'm not likely to do so if I have to hunt for the link or click all over the place to get to it.

If you are determined to have a separate thread for them -- can I suggest the link for that page be added to the informal Wish List page?

Thread Information