Announcements

Forum: Prayer Requests and Updates

1. Moderator and Mama -- but don't make me change diapers here too! Cutiepie's Avatar

Private information postings

I would like to remind everyone about the rules regarding posting private information here on our public forums. You may post your real/full name, if you choose, but I do recommend against it (for privacy and safety reasons). An alias/nickname or just your first name is much safer. What is not allowed is posting of your email address or physical address.

The reason for the email address is because there are always "SPAM-bots" roaming the internet to gather email addresses for SPAM lists, and I don't want to be a source for them. If SPAM-bots start gathering addresses from a public forum, the spammers soon follow with their garbage posts. Our forums have been pretty clean for a while now, and I don't want them coming back! Thanks for your cooperation.

As for the physical address prohibition, I want all my forum friends to be safe. I don't want to ever hear that someone here was targeted because there was too much information about them available here. We are all friends here, but strangers and creeps can sneak in too. Please protect yourself!

If you DO need to pass this type of information along to someone else, please use the Private Message system. That is part of what it is there for.
    -Forum Moderator-
    Cutie Pie, Font of Useless Knowledge

2. Moderator and Mama -- but don't make me change diapers here too! Cutiepie's Avatar

Welcome to the Designs By SiCK Forums!

To make a new post, enter one of the forums and click on the button entitled "New Thread", or you can enter a thread already in existence and click on "Post Reply" to add in your own thoughts on the subject in question. For those who don't know, a "thread" is a grouping of related posts.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Even if you think it is dumb, I would bet that someone else has the same question, or one very much like it.

Everyone is pretty friendly here, and willing to share their knowledge. Remember, we were all "newbies" at one point, so be polite, but don't be shy.

This is a pretty basic rule for posting on the internet, especially on public forums. DO NOT POST your email address, or you will likely be added to numerous SPAM lists. Also, don't post your physical address (for safety reasons) and be careful about using your real/full name. We like to all be friends, but one never knows when or if someone with less-wholesome intentions might come along. If I find or am informed of one of these pieces of information posted in public, I will edit or remove them, no questions asked. If you want to pass along this type of information, use the Private Message system. That is what it is there for.

Likewise, it is preferable that you don't make little, single sentence "thank you" notes as posts. They take up a lot of space on the "What's New" and "Today's Posts" listings and so it is hard to find the real "news". If you want to send a "Thank you", please send it as part of reputation marks or in a private message.

I am the moderator, so if you do something that is against the rules (and it's not very likely that you will), I will have to correct you. Don't worry, I'm pretty nice and try not to "spank" anyone for not knowing all the rules. Just "play nice" and you will get along fine.

Click here to return to the Designs By SiCK Free Daily PES
    http://www.designsbysick.com/votingresults
    -Forum Moderator-
    Cutie Pie, Font of Useless Knowledge