• Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Points & Freebies

Chatty Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Default Points & Freebies

Dear Shawn & Linda,

My husband and I are retired from our automotive business, due to rising costs of new equipment, health coverage and payroll. You have similar business expenses. We certainly do understand your reason for discontinuing Hunt and Hourly Free Designs, as well as, cutting point amounts on FaceBook.

You have created an awesome website for the home embroidery enthusiast. I have enjoyed downloading many free designs, now I will open my wallet and spend money for designs to help you keep DesignsbySick up and going.

Thank you for all you do for the embroidery industry.

maggie

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

How very sad. I enjoyed the hunts very much. They are a way to familarize everyone with what is available within the sets.
      Never give up, never surrender.

Quiet Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

I understand your need to limit the free designs. I just want to thank you for the many freebies I have received from you on your site. They are very much appreciated. Pam

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Keep the hourly hunt. It keeps the designs available in our minds. Receiving the design free is not needed.

Forum Member
      is Boredom is the root of all
      evil

I am:
      Geeky

I am new to the points system and downloading designs by using points. Thanks to all of the forum posters who put up answers to questions. Just, so I did not need to ask them again.

But, now that I have points I have found that I used them on designs that I had previously downloaded for free. Sigh.

Forum Member
      evil

I am:
      Geeky

Boy, I just got into the points and hourly freebies. And. It is ending. Never tried a hunt. Well. Double Sigh.

Chatty Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

I would like to express my appreciation for all the free designs I have received. So sorry you are having to cut our that part of your websight! I will especially miss the Hunt!!

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Blessed

I am:
      Innocent

I wish to say thanks for all you do for us, this fourm as well as the freebie and hunts.

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thank you for your generosity and willingly sharing your designs so freely. I have really enjoyed the hunts. It would be great if you were able to see a way to continue the hunt and the attached chat. I don't know the costs related to the hunt but I would think it is a good marketing tool that keeps us buyers searching thru your designs for purchases.

Font of Forum input
      is The Quilter that dies with the
      most fabric is the winner and
      I am on my way....

I am:
      Happy

I was a part of the free design and free hunt for 6 months but now have a membership and it has changed so much here in that small amount of time. I thank you for your great designs that I have gotten and the ones that I got for free and during the hunt as well. They were my first designs to dl when I first started and have used so many of them over the past 9 months.....thank you for all your designs....

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

I am fairly new here - only a couple months. I really enjoy the free hunt and hourly designs, however I got addicted so fast that I was doing nothing but sitting in my chair waiting for the designs to change and I was collecting designs I know I would never sew out. After a couple weeks I made a decision to only collect those I knew I would use. I have noticed with the "daily free" designs that the older designs get chosen so seldom. As a new person, I have not had the chance to try older designs. I am wondering if some change in that direction could be made - maybe keeping the hourly free design - as a hunt but for those who can't get to the hunt hourly, or can't find it, can use their points to buy it like the hourly free desings. If the hourly things cause to much work, it could be scaled back to bi-hourly or even less. The daily design could possibly be cut out, this would also eliminate 3 points we are collecting each day voting for designs.
      I also would rather buy the "trial membership" than to sign up as it is now. Is this something that could be added to help with income?
      Last edited by granny elen; April 18th, 2011 at 01:31 PM.

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

I just want to say thanks again for the free designs.
      Is there any possible way to keep the HUNT and chat instead of voting for the free design???? I don't take the time to vote because it's chancey if the design I like will be selected. I DO spend a lot of time searching for HUNT designs and chatting. When I am searching for a design, even if I have a hint, I still open numerous design sets to see if they include the hunt design. I would not have looked at these designs otherwise and I am often amazed at all that is included in a design (ie different sizes, and quantity of designs).

Lifeblood of the Forums
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

I am sorry times are hard for the site. I would like to thank you for all of the freebies you have supplied. I bought your CD for fall 2010 and will just have to up date each year. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Forum Member
      evil

I am:
      Geeky

Yesterday, I rebought a design I had already downloaded. Today, I tried to rebuy a design from the Hourly Freebie Page.....and it told me that I had already bought it. Thanks Web Masters.

Active Forum Member
      is : Just doing the best I can

I am:
      Geeky

I would also like to thank you, Shawn, for your generosity in providing so many free designs over the years. I have enjoyed the hunts. Your site is the first site I go to in the morning. I am sorry times are hard and the site isn't bringing in the money as it should.

I am trying to understand exactly what will be changing. I understand the hunt and the hourly free design will end. Will we be able to continue to use the points we have already accumulated, or should we try to quickly use them up? I THINK there will still be points we can use, but less of them to accumulate from now on.

Chatty Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

New Pricing system? Thank you, purchasing with cash made much easier!

maggie

Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thank you so much for all your hard work. Your site is the highlight of my day. I enjoy looking at all the designs and when I get time, being able to use them. Thanks for letting us download so many freebies. I understand and support your decision. I know that it must have been really hard for you. I look forward to seeing what comes next. So many thanks for such generosity!

Thread Information