• Wtf
  • Page 1 of 63 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Daily Check In

Sew many addictions, sew little time
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Default 2012 Daily Check In

Happy 2012 everyone. Time to start a new thread and retire the 2011 thread.
      Couldn't post last night for some reason. Tried to post today on my desktop and still couldn't post? Don't know what the deal is. Thought I would try my laptop and now I can post again. ??????, guess I will have to call dell this week and figure out what is wrong.
      Hope everyone had a Happy New Years Eve. I stayed home with the dogs, my son went out. I did have a party to go to, but would have had to stay the night and it's too hard with my son's dog. Didn't really mind though. Today my son and I are supposed to go to my friends house for dinner. Hopefully he is not too out of it and shows up on time. I need to start cleaning since the new girlfriend will be here on Wednesday and my house is not looking great. (my son can trash a house in 10 sec flat. Will be a busy week.
      After this week I can start my slipcover project. Yeah!
      Have a great day and and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
      brenda in MI

Twinkle, Twinkle Pretty Star
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Happy New Year All...hoping to make it a quiet day after a quiet night except for the fireworks that seemed to never stop last night.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Learning as much as I can
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

yep another Year has come and gone - Hope you all had a peaceful day - I had a little snooze this afternoon - its almost dark outside - its 730pm and the fireworks are starting up again ...arghhhh...hope its going to be a quiet night ...

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Happy 2012 to you all. I hope this year brings you all lots od fun time embroidering and making items for all those you love - and of course lots for yourself.
      I'm getting ready to make the trip to Minneapolis tomorrow. One load of laundry left to do and need to load the diswasher and then it is just to pack and get some sleep. Meeting DD in St. Cloud on the way there. Hubby suggested meeting for brunch and then today came in so down and said he just realized how mean he was being to me, I can't eat or drink tomorrow. They have to eat and I want to see her. Then if I get discharged we will see S#1 tomorrow night - more than likely after GS is in bed though.
      Finished tieing Thee quilt today and will have that to work on while I rest when we get home - Will be posting pictures soon!
      Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday and WEdnesday - I am not taking my computer with this time. Please say a prayer for me that they find the problem and it is a simple and quick fix so my trip is not cancelled.
      Thanks!

Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Granny Elen...my heart and prayers are going out to you for a quick diagnosis and a quick fix. I will keep you in my thoughts. Been trying to clean up in the sewing room so I can get in with more than a trail in and back out backwards. How can one person tear up one room sooo fast. It's computer time now for a few minutes.

Praying for peace of heart for all
      is Blessed

I am:
      Happy

I don't make resoluation, but for 2012 I am going to organize my sewing room. Windstar I don't understand how one person can make such a mess either. My second one is to get some of this weight off.

Have a happy 2012 and may all your prayers be answered.
      Barbara
      Hugs to everyone

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

It's amazing how fast a well used sewing room gets unorganized!
      Got home a few hours ago - had an after traveling nap and light supper now waiting for bedtime!
      The doctor did not tind what he thought he would (stones in the right liver lobe) but instead dealt with what the MRCP showed was wrong (dialted biliary duct). Don't know if it will help so waiting to see.
      Now have to get sewing a last few items for our vacation.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

I can hear thunder in the distance - its been so hot again today - I am still having problems with my mouth - still in a lot of pain - small bone fragments - will be seeing the dentist tomorrow to see if he can help - its almost 10pm - i have had a very busy day today working and another one expected tomorrow so its off to dream land for me - see you all tomorrow - liz

Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Evening all. Haven't been able to post for a few days now. All is well here in N. MI. My son's new girlfriend flew in the night before last. She seems really nice and down to earth. I would hate to be her and have to meet the parents, family, friends, neighbors, teachers, etc etc in a short visit. She is very brave. Yesterday we drove home from the detroit area. Last night went to a wrestling meet at the HS. Lots of fun and good to see some old friends. I totally embarassed my son, lol. I yell at the players, loudly. I couldn't yell at the referee, he is my son's former couch and a good friend. Didn't get 'scolded' at all, Usually I am told to quiet down. Our school won, yeah!!
      Today my son and his gf are out and about. I slept all afternoon. It's going to take awhile to catch up. tomorrow will be his last full day home and then he heads down south on Saturday morning.
      Missing my sewing and anxious to start on my slipcovers. Will rest up first, lol.
      Sleep well all and morning to the other side.
      brenda in MI
      Elen, hope you get feeling better.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

I am feeling better than the past couple days but am going to try a cream soup tonight for dinner - something filling!
      I got a good start on an over-dress for the cruise. Laid out fabric to make a carry on bag. I got all my clothes picked out and ready to freshen and pack! Can you tell I am anxious to go.
      Good to hear you like the girlfriend.
      Lizsam hope the doctor can help you - mouth pain is not fun!
      Take care everyone and have a very productive Friday!

Maybe not a master yet, but I'm on the way!
      is gonna be organized sometime
      this year!

I am:
      Crazy

Finally checking in here again. My life has been so crazy since school started! Didn't see that coming. I've only been 'off' for a total of about 20 days. So much for a 'little' job to make a bit of extra pin money. LOL But I do enjoy being around the kids. When I went today, was asked for days clear into March! I've missed y'all, and hope things are a bit quieter now that the holidays are over and all of the kids are at their own homes for a while.

Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Granny Elen...great to see you are feeling better. Hope it gets better and better. Have a great time on your trip.

Jstitch...great to see you on.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Glad to see you back jstitch - hope you can make it more often. My sis retired from the state a few years ago and has gone back to teaching - as a sub - and she complains about not having any time off. My BIL subs everday he wants to.
      Got the carry on bag all cut out and ready to sew together tomorrow. I had a huge amount of drapery fabric I got in a scrap bag a couple years ago that I cut up and am using a sheet for the lining. I went to a clothing depot and got a brand new jacket from the free section with awesome high quality zippers. Will have a custom bag for almost nothing! Putting lots of elastic pockets inside it. I was teasing hubby my bag would be roomier than his as his has wheels, he thought he was being smart when he said he could wheel his while I had to carry mine - I reminded him how awesome it will fit on top of his bag so he could wheel both at the same time. With 2 flight changes and transfers each way I'm sure our luggage would get lost somewhere along the way! We checked bags before and had them not come on the same plane we did - so I want to make sure we have enough with us to get us through if need be. My son went to Prague and his luggage went to Spain, took them 3 days to get their luggage!
      Still don't have much energy but back to eating almost everything.
      Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Happy Weekend all. Elen, for not having energy, you sure get a lot done. Glad you are starting to feel better.
      Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. We are having very warm, spring like weather in MI. Nice, but hate the thought of the cold coming back. My son left to head back to his base this morning. The new girlfriend was a pleasure. Hope it keeps. So hard to see him leave. Don't know how long it will be till his next visit. I felt so bad, on his way down he got rear ended at a stop sign, His poor new truck!! No one hurt thank goodness.
      My asthma has been kicking my tush the last few days, so haven't been doing much. Hopefully I shake it and get some energy going.
      Sleep well all and morning to the other side.
      brenda in MI

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Brenda I am so glad you had a good tiem with son and his girlfriend. It's really nice when they find someone we can like.
      Got the bag sewn today - over 5 hours and don;t like how it turned out. little alterning and I think it will look better. I decided to make a matching smaller one so hubby has his matching set and I have mine.
      Wish I had enough energy to get back to exercising. I really need to tone up! The procedure really didn't change anything so it probably willb e a case of having to watch everything I eat - and i don't mean physically! I already do that - pick it up watch it to go the mouth and gulp!
      Have a nice Sunday everyone. Hubby's nephew is planning to stop over before he leaves town - hopeing for a nice visit - his parents won't have anything to do with him because of his wife.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Beginning of a new year well it is now 8 days old, but it has been good so far, sort of..trying to get rid of the gremlins out of my big computer, did most of it and then decided that something wa still lurking on it, so took it to the The Boys. It meant I had pull my old laptop out of mothballs and bring it up to speed, with all the updates and security stuff. I had to reformat the hard drive to get enough memory and expand the memory, not bad for an old girl, she is wound up as fast as she can go. I am not going to over clock here. haven't done any embroidery since before Christmas, we have had so much to do. brian is at present outside cutting the satellite cable and relocating the wiring , so we can reposition our TV annd get on with re-organising our living room. We wnet and chose our new furniture for the living room, read that as chaise lounge and chairs. i was going to get a normal settee and two chairs but for the same price I can my chaise lounge and a swivel chair for Brian and give us a bit more room. Once Brian had done the drilling and rewiring and pout the TV up on the chimney breast, I can get on and paint the walls in the room. The furniture has a 12 week delivery time on it. The kitchen is on hold for the time being I want one room finished and the living room is the easiest to finish. I can live with the kitchen the way it is for a bit longer, because once that work starts we have to move out for five days. If we work this right it can be done while we are in Texas in May and June..

Fidget our kitty, is growing she is ball of energy and has certainly gingered Sparky's life.

we won case against Brian's ex wife in doing so she is now realping the bad karma she has sown all those years ago and is facing a possible jail sentence for benefit fraud and tax evasion. she also has to repay all the legal aid costs extended to her so with fines and repayments she is going to be £40,000.00 poorer and a criminal record to boot. if she had agreed to what was proposed back in July 2010, none of this would have been discovered by us and the Court. We also found out we can take her back to Court to recover our wasted costs, but think she has enough on her plate for the time being. if she steps out of line ever again, we will take her to court for these costs. Best bit is Brian and I can get on with our lives and look forward to a happier future.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is taking life one minute at a
      time.

I am:
      Friendly

I'm counting these first 8 days as "JOY." Pushing forward, greatful for each day, enjoying every sunrise and let me tell you there have been some beauties, and making sure I make each day count. This year I turn the big 50! I'm planning to be 50 and fabulous! I want to have a sewing birthday party - hey - kids have themed parties, so why no grown-ups? I'm past the "over the hill" - LOL - and sliding down the other side. I don't mind getting older. . . there is freedom in old age . . . . you don't have to worry about fashion, electronics, parking and more. Plus in the USA you get discounts on purchases (apparently someone thinks all old people are poor - lol).

I'm looking forward to starting my sewing classes next month. I've been ask to teach home schooled children a class as well. I'm thrilled to be able to share my skills with young people - nothing like getting them addicted to fabric at a young age!

Yep - I think it's going to be a good year!
      Susan

Lifeblood of the Forums
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

Red face

popped over to see Sonia and her Mom today for an hour or so - she was busy busy as usual with a new project -- big secret -- but the best was when Mom walked into the room to see what we were up to and proudly showed us her completed jumper - hand beaded and crocheted - it took forever it looks super - she was so chuffed ..well done Mom ...she is now starting another (in between knitting all the others things she does) the storm has passed over - just a lot of noise but no rain

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

So happy to see Phillipa and Sewing gal back!
      Lizsam I hope you are feeling better.
      Phillipa - re doing the living room - how exciting! AS soon as I finish all my must have projects for the trip I plan to redo most of the lower level by changing out furniture. We finally found a TV stand we like for the family room so cleaned that room up a bit - we were using a dresser.
      Sewing gal - I like your thought on turning 50. But I haven't gotten to the don't care about fashion part yet. I must hang out with to many fashionestias! In fact I am worse than I was 15 years ago!
      I got the carry on bag done! Tomorrow we meet with the travel agent and hubby wants to take our luggage to the airport to make sure it all will be considered carry on so we don't have any surprises. Our air port gets one flight ever 2 to 3 hours so hopefully they can do this. I keep thinking of new clothes I want for the trip. And try to find walking shorts in January in snow country - what was I thinking?! HUbby only has 1 pair od shorts that fit him - ugh!
      Had a wonderful short visit with nephew and his family. They have adopted 3 children in the past 4 1/2 years. Now 4 1/2, 3 1/2, and 2. The 2 youngest are children of a drug dealer and one of his ladies. The middle child was neglected for so long he has some problems from it. They have done such a great job with the children. I feel so sorry for nephews parents that they are missing out on this phase of life by not wanting to have anything to do with the DIL. How sad!
      Hope you all have a fantastic MOnday!

Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Evening all. Another quiet day here in MI. Still not feeling great, but am sure I will be soon. Glad to see so many checking in.
      Winter came back to MI today. No snow, but very cold. I was reading about a town in Alaska where there is 18 ft of snow and they had to declare an emergency. Yikes, that's a lot of snow.
      I decided that tomorrow I am going to be done feeling sick and get moving, now if my body feels the same I will be happy. Need to make a trip into town for supplies and then am going to start the sewing.
      sleep well all and morning to the other side.
      brenda in MI

Thread Information