Thread: Daily checkin 2015

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Default Daily checkin 2015

New year New Thread.

2 January 2015 and we have a new page to play with.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Back again,

Something went wrong with my computer so had to shut down and restore.

I was thinking about our absent Sisters in Embroidery, health problems and day to day living causing problems.

After I burnt my hand last night, I was drifting in and out sleep and had a strange dream about one of my half sisters. I dreamt she was walking up the gang plank on board an Australian navy Ship. She has nothing to do with the navy, her Dad is not my Dad. I could see part of the name of the vessel HMAS Ch..........
      I checked my emails this morning and there is a photo from Margaret boarding a Naval ship with her husband and daughter. Margaret and I communicate with each other on high days and holidays, she is a overall in charge principal of a very large school in Queensland, my niece and I don't have much to do with each other at all, so I don't know about her life and to be truthful it has never been discussed. it turns out Sheridan my niece) has new partner and is 2IC of a certain ship HMAS Choules, Margaret, Denis her husband) and Sherri were going on board to view the New year fireworks on Sydney Harbour. Margaret and Denis live in Queensland, and those of you who know Australia, Sydney and the Sunshine Coast are a long way apart.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

A Lady of Good Heart
      is having a great time picking
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

I hope your hand is OK, Phillipa?

Dreams always have meanings, sometimes just not very clear.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

Phillipa, I too hope your burn isn't serious - and I guess it must not be since your typing skills seem okay. My family tries to keep me away from hot ovens because I seem to burn myself frequently when using them.

Phil and I have been watching some old TV shows on Netflix and in one we saw yesterday the girl had a dream that had her grandmother in it as a little girl; so even the "soaps" deal with dreams. Yours was quite a coincidence parallelling real life tho.

We had hopes of our younger son, DIL, and DGD visiting us sometime before they have to start back to school. Now we know that our DGD won't be going home until next Monday, and her parents don't want to take the time to bring her to see us - partially because she is still self-injuring and being very hateful toward them. It's a sad start to the New Year. On the bright side, I have plans for several embroidery projects!

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Happy 2015!
      Phillipa I hope your hand heals fast.

Off to work in the library today - son's car is fixed - the 3 teens that damaged all the cars in town are looking at 10 yrs in prison and $20,000 fine plus cost of damages not covered by insurance. CRAZY KIDS! And we have a contract signed on a venue for the wedding. Today I hope to talk with the ministers to see what the options are at this late date. So things are getting checed off the list slowly -

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Ask a question and feel a fool for the moment. Don't ask the question, and be a fool forever
      is Is loving life!

I am:
      Happy

Good morning ladies! Hope the New Year has started off well. Well except for Phillipa - a burnt hand already!!! Not good - but I sure hope it heals well and quickly.

It's cold and dreary day here in Middle TN. I'm cool - I need to go and turn the heat up just a bit. Getting ready to spend my gift card money on some new designs. YES!! It'll be June before I get my inheritance money, but then I get to buy a new machine. That gives me 6 months to play around and check out a lot of them. Done spent $10 of my Christmas money on a new quilt magazine. That leaves me $40 to play with. Maybe some new thread or something. That would be nice as well.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Hand is ok, took myself to bed this afternoon, because I didn't sleep all that well last night. the hand is tight and blisters getting bigger. It could have been worse.

Elen sounds like the wedding might be on track. Is a civil ceremony out of the question if you can't get a Minister to marry them? Maybe they could have a Blessing at a later date if married by a Marriage Celebrant?

nonnadonnna, not so good you didn't see your GD, hopefully there will another happier time for her and you.

tndenim, now it sounds like you have plan, test driving all the machines in the next six months.

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

I had to restore yesterday. Another Windows update?

OUCH!!! Hope your hand heals quickly, Phillipa. Do you get to stay outta the kitchen for a while?

Following a candy-making incident during my early teen years, I insisted on getting some long-handled wooden spoons. As each one of my nieces and grand nieces begins cooking or moves out on their own, their "house-warming" gift always includes some new wooden spoons.

Nonnadonna, I hope your DGD is under appropriate professional care for her problems. She and her family are a being sent a little healing prayer.
      Never give up, never surrender.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Emma has been in residential care since shortly after Thanksgiving. She has matured at a young age so I'm sure that her hormones aren't helping the situation. The facility she is in has a good reputation - so hopefully some of what they are teaching her will "stick". She is adopted and is having problems accepting that even tho she has known all along that is the case. She has been seeing a professional since last spring and the three of them also having family counseling.

I appreciate the offer of prayer, LaCole, as there isn't a lot else even we grandparents can do.
      Last edited by nonnadonna; January 2nd, 2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: additional info

A Lady of Good Heart
      is having a great time picking
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

Phillipa, use some honey on the burn.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

I have to report my hand is a lot better this morning, the blisters look worse than they feel. Moisturised well, sock on hand and I can flex the fingers, they are still swollen but not as red. thank you for all your tips. Sonia I ended up licking the honey off yesterday. I love honey. Brian thought I had gone bonkers when I poured honey on the palm of my hand yesterday.

Raining over here and according to the weather forecast we are going to be well and truly iced. Brian cut the grass yesterday. I had make sure he did not mow down the daffodils that are breaking ground.

I have had cover my leather armchairs with quilts. I have the quilt we did the block swap for when Klarina gained her American Citizenship on my chair and a Rose by any other name on Brian's chair. The kittens are no respecters of anything.

Twinkle, Twinkle Pretty Star
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Afternoon all...It's been raining almost everyday for the last week and we are still under a flood watch. Where is all this rain at in the summer when we need it. After the few hiccups some have had I hope all is going well. I have been making ITH play food for the granddaughter...anything to keep from cleaning this sewing room, huh. It is so torn up I don't know where to start. I am down to a trail in and out. What a way to start the new year out.

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Sorry to hear about your burnt hand Phillipa. As a Science teacher I had a lot of burns to deal with. I always made the child put their hand in a bucket of cold water until the burning sensation stopped. The only blistered burn I had was one child who didn't want to do this. The burn keeps damaging the flesh for hours after the actual burn. If you can cool it you can stop this & limit the blistering.
      The new year fireworks in Sydney draw a lot of visitors. We went a few years ago but much prefer to watch it on TV, less sweaty people!
      It has been very pleasant weather here since new year, mid to high 30s & rain every night. The garden is looking quite good but the weeds are growing too quickly.

A good neighbor!
      is the seamstress for the band
      (in my dreams....)

I am:
      Shy

Grandson and I spent the day at a friend's tree farm, on a pond, skating, trying to keep up with the falling snow, back to the cabin with woodstove purring with heat, hotdogs on the cooktop, great fun! Drove home in a snow storm. Boy am I ready for a good sleep!
      Hubby's work has been cancelled for the night, so woke him up from his nap, to get ready for trip to Toronto and the final performance of "Jersey Boys", the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. (we've seen another production group perform this, but just as excited to see the Mirvish production.)
      We've also seen Frankie Valli perform live-amazing that at his age, he still hits all the high notes!!

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

I got a few things done today, but nothing in my sewing room Sewtired, my sewing room doesn't have much more than a path thru it either - but every time I "organize" it I can't find anything! I still have some doll clothing to get finished and want to embroider some kitchen towels for DIL#2 before we go to their place for our Christmas with them. If I try to organize now I won't know where to find what I need to finish those projects.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Penny, the first thing I did was under the tap and cold water for thirty minutes. the water over is practically ice so that was an added bonus. I hate cold water at the best of times, but this is a must. I have let the blisters form and now they are popping, so being careful with the tea tree oil as I dress these. My hand is nearly normal size and far less red.

We had rain yesterday and today we are frozen literally our temp gauge shows -9 outside this morning. Poor Smiler, he lives outdoors, we have made his house as warm as we possibly can, he does sneak indoors and yesterday found him on the bed in our room, he jumped down and out the cat flap. he has been deflea'd, he is clean and he is spraying less since I got him castrated, but I guess he has been an independent cat for too long. We certainly don't shoo him outside, this is his choice. I am worried I am going to find him frozen. I hope the little hedgehog has enough weight to go into hibernation, it was still running around last week, eating the dried cat food at night.

I hope everyone is as well as can be and those Sister in Embroidery who are not well know that thoughts are being sent their way.

Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Just checking in doing little as far as walking and standing with the knee, still waiting for a call from the doctor. Beginning to think it is not going to happen. All is well on the home front. I offered to take in a boxer dog because the young man who has it is not taking care of it, ( leaving his father to do all the work) and I am betting he won't let me have it because he is 17 years old and at that age he thinks he is smarter then everyone else. If you show interest in something he has he won't give it up. Better to keep the dog and not take proper care of it. The father is getting sick of taking care of the dog ask me if I would take it. I said yes, but he needs his son's permission before he can give it to me. If it should come this way I will let you all know but I am not counting on it or holding my breath.

If anyone can say a prayer that this sweet little girl comes to my home where she will get great care.
      Last edited by Sharwy; January 4th, 2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Need to add

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

Test drove a used truck (2010 F-15) yesterday--it drives more "truckish" than my current 2000 truck of the same model so I'm not convinced I want to switch; they sent it home with us over the weekend to better sell it to us. It snowed overnight so will be able to test it in bad driving today around town to take DH to work and to have my DS the mechanic take a look at it (he actually recommended the salesman to us at the dealership where he used to work). The birds are flying eating machines consuming approx 2 quarts of sunflower seeds, mixed seed, chicken scratch, and suet each day.
      Never give up, never surrender.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Wow, La_cole, you are really feeding the birds! My hubby took over that job from me several years ago and he gets mad in the Spring when the starlings come to our feeders so he stops feeding then. Also he only buys the cheapest feed he can find. We used to feed probably 3 or 4 times the amount of birds we do now. We would have 8 to 10 pairs of cardinals, plus sparrows and juncos and woodpeckers and goldfinches and several other kinds of small birds. I miss all the activity in the back yard!

Ask a question and feel a fool for the moment. Don't ask the question, and be a fool forever
      is Is loving life!

I am:
      Happy

Afternoon ladies. another rainy day here in middle TN. I did see the sun for about 10 minutes this afternoon. I feel blessed!! Thunderstorms last night and cold weather moving in tonight. Not really ready for winter yet. But I reckon it is finally gonna come here to my mountains.

Monday I plan start cleaning up my sewing room again. It needs a good cleaning and I plan to rearrange the tables and such. That's the plan anyway. The arthritis in my knees has been really aggravated with all this cool damp air. The medication I take makes me sleep - so I don't get much done these days.

Thread Information