• Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: dish towel swap

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

I'd love to have you join us. so I vote yes.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Yes tracsimon, Tracy in west TX, we would love to have you join this swap! Please send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll PM a list of all of our addresses to this wonderful group of 6 and then, yes, we will do ONE spring theme not-terry dishtowel for each of the other 5 :}
      Thanks!
      Deb F

Quiet Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Default towel swap?

Exactly how would it work. I may be interested!

I am:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by secondsis View Post
      Exactly how would it work. I may be interested!
      Secondsis, first off welcome to the forum. Rules are below.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Lifeblood of the Forums Site Admin/Moderator
      is Busy Busy

I am:
      Happy

I'm afraid I need to bow out this time. I still can't get my tension right since I adjusted it on both machines to do FSL. The new bobbin case didn't seem to help. I am going to take one to the dealer tomorrow and I'm hoping that once they figure it out and tell me what's wrong, I can fix the other one myself.

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Sorry to hear. I'll notify the others as well. I do hope you get them fixed right away. I can't imagine being without mine :{ but that's why I have a BabyLock ... I don't have to mess with any tensions and they are rock-solid work horses. Anyway, good luck again. Deb

There is Sunshine in my Heart
      is addicted to SICK

I am:
      Happy

Hi, I haven't been on this site for quite awhile. I did however check to see if there was any swaps going on every now and then. I see this started in September and it's now January. Did this ever start? I am thinking about joining this so I get back into embroidery and quilting again. I've had a rough 3 years but I think I can handle a small swap. I used to belong in just about every swap this site had years ago with at least 20 people in it. I don't think I could handle that but 2 to 4 people sounds great. I do not see your theme or any rules. As I say I am thinking about this but I have to check out the embroidery part on my machine. I haven't used it since it was cleaned last summer so if it all works I would be happy to join. I will let you know in the next few days.

I am:
      Happy

Welcome back 123mccoach. I'm glad you are getting back into embroidery. You have been missed.

Rules for dish towel swap:
      Six (6) swappers currently without you. With you it would be seven. You make one towel for each swapper & mail them to each person yourself.
      Spring themed, non-terry cloth dish towels by February 14th.

I would love to have you join the swap and I'm sure others would like it too. Lets us know.

I am:
      Happy

I have 4 of the towels completed, just one left to go. Will try and mail them out on Wednesday. Would do it tomorrow, but I have to be at hospital as hubby is going under for a test. Thank you everyone for your understanding.

Forum Member
      is missing the chatting with
      everyone

I am:
      Friendly

I'm sorry I'm running late too... (had it in my head it was the 19th as mailout date)... I let basketball season at work distract me, but I shall finish them up and get them in the mail either tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Can I get one last updated address list please? Thank you and so sorry!!!

I am:
      Happy

Sorry everyone, but I have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 8AM to get results of CT Scan done tonight. I will ge them out as soon as possible.

A good neighbor!
      is the seamstress for the band
      (in my dreams....)

I am:
      Shy

Hubby's friend in Michigan texted - one of the towels has arrived there. Hubby's trip delayed to Friday 25th, so I'll have to wait 'til then. Exciting - it's just like Christmas !

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

hey caliciae, seems most of us had 'distractions'. I left on a driving vacation that turned out to be 3 weeks! Then it took 3 weeks to get caught up on work and mail, (oh the huge amount of mail!), and I've barely even LOOKED at emails (there are over 5000 :{ Anyway, my point is that sharonw was the rock star of this swap! She was the only one to complete the mission ;} My kudo's to her.
      To relieve the stress the rest of us are feeling, I propose we extend the mailing deadline to March 4 ... but let's all really, Really, REALLY get'er done by then, OK?
      Also, do you still need an updated address list, or can you go to your Notifications folder and find it there? :}
      Deb F

A good neighbor!
      is the seamstress for the band
      (in my dreams....)

I am:
      Shy

Hubby returned from Detroit with one of the towels - Thank you Judy !! (ssh, the design is lovely but secret!!)
      My friend will still take in the mail, so save some $$ on postage. We'll be going back to Michigan again soon.

Forum Friend
      is Learning

I am:
      Awesome

Your welcome Sharon. You can share what I sent -- that was the only one I made like that (for now -- might make a few more for the Church Bazaar).
      Sorry I didn't wash out the stabilizer on yours but I was trying to get it to MI on time. And if you look at the package -- I didn't save any $$ since hubby decided to send it express mail (He wanted to make sure it got there in time! <3 ). Thank you for sending me your pretty tea towel.

Forum Friend
      is Learning

I am:
      Awesome

Cool Mine are in the Mail!

Mailed mine off yesterday to the rest of the group.

I'm showing in the group: 1. Deb Fischer 2. Ramona Bouchard 3. Carla Emberton 4. Tracy Simon 5. Sharon Wilson 6. Judy Simpson (me)
      Last edited by revhousehold1991; February 29th, 2016 at 09:44 PM.

Forum Friend
      is Learning

I am:
      Awesome

In case some of you don't know --- Shastasmom (Ramona) lost her husband yesterday afternoon. She was keeping us updated on his progress on the Forum. If you wish to post a comment, you can do so on that page -- http://www.embroideryforum.com/forum...d=1#post549265

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thank you revhousehold1991
      I received a package from you in yesterdays mail but am not opening it until I get all mine mailed out ... which should be today, as the only thing left to do is cut jump stitches. Wow! Who would have thought this simple swap would be so hard for us all to complete and take so long, right? I appreciate ALL you swappers for joining in and really look forward to my 5 new dish towels!!!!! Deb

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Exclamation SICK dish towel swap

Well, I'm not sure where things are going but things keep disappearing ... forum messages, emails, TIME ;}
      Well SICK dish towel Swap ladies, I want to make another plea for your help:
      #1 - I mailed all 5 packages to you weeks ago and have only heard from 1 that they were received. I'm not trying to micro-manage and normally I don't worry about the mail delivery but I realized after I left the post office that I had forgotten to put my return mailing address on the envelopes :{
      So now I'm left worrying because if you don't get them, I won't get them back!!!!! What an airhead I am. Anyway, that's why I really Really REALLY want to know if you received your towel from me, Deb, please. Also
      #2 - I know how busy we can be and how distracting everything else can be but I am asking everyone to PLEASE make this swap a priority now so we can all get the towels we deserve. I know how easy it is to 'do it later', 'tomorrow', 'this weekend', 'Monday for sure' ... believe me, I know ... but please make it happen and get the towels mailed out by the end of this month ... PLEASE! and Thank you!
      Deb

I am:
      Happy

I completed my towels, but they need to be rinsed, so will be in tomorrows mail to everyone. Thank you everyone for your patience in my time of grief, etc.

Thread Information