• Wtf
  • Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Check In 2017

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Love the smile Elen, look forward to following his progress.

Lizsam, rain sounds wonderful, we missed most of the wet that hit the coast of Australia & the garden needs water desperately. Glad Kerry has started a new life, lets hope it works for her.

I made 2 Pooh Bear quilts this week from some fabric left over from all the quillows I made. This also used up 4 other small bits & I emptied another 2 cotton reels. I'm feeling very virtuous. Still have to trim the threads from the machine quilting then I'll take a photo.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

I have another quilt top nearing completion and feeling quite good about it. I've been going thru some of the piles in my sewing room and have 4 quilts to take to the quilter as soon as I have backings sewn for them. The one almost finished will make 5, and I haven't had to buy any fabric so am feeling good about that also. Little by little I'm getting my UFO's done.

Blackmail or not Liz, the enjoyment of having Jack in person will be worth the cost.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Hooked

I am:
      Amused

Seems like years but only 5 months from last post...Wow 5 months and too much to say in one post ...wanted to post in garden 2017 on first day of spring but I see there isn't one ,
      tried but failed to start 2017 is there some secret to it ? At some point I'll need to catch up with everyone's garden.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Got back from Sydney last night after a reasonable market. Also saw a cousin who is moving house again. They want to down size, I don't wonder, they have a 4 bedroom, office, media room, huge living area, pool, & BBQ area & verandahs for only 2 of them.

The drive down to Sydney was terrible with roadworks & trucks carrying large mining equipment slowing things down, however the drive home last night was quite quick with only 2 lots of roadworks to stop for.

Now it's back to using up fabric, pick up the next piece out of the box & anything I can make from that piece of fabric I will, wish me luck. Just before I went to Sydney I made 6 pieces of fabric into plastic 28 bag holders & 5 pieces of rubber lined fabric into 2 swimming bags, a wet umbrella carrier, & 28 draught stopper door snakes.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Learning as much as I can
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

Kerry and Jack have arrived and he is loving the sunshine
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jack thinker.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	42989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	happy jack.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	42988  

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

thanks for the photos, Liz! Jack's smile makes my day.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Tired

Liz I am so excited for you to see Jack in person!
      I am working on the embroidery squares for a quilt for grandson#1 I put a new needle in that was defective and didn't notice until I had several blocks one and was taking the stabilizer off. Ugh, now I need to redo those.

Hubby is getting close to having the upstairs done, it is going to be so nice to have a room no one will go into.

I hope you all have a great day!

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Jack has grown so much lizsam, thank you for sharing his progress with us.

Guess you are getting very excited about your own work room Elen.

I'm still sewing what ever I can with each bit of fabric I pick up. I have made dozens of door snakes, plastic bag holders, peg bags & laundry bags, hope they all sell.

Has anyone heard anything of Phillipa? I've been thinking of her & hoping she is OK.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

I got a phone call today that GS#2 quilt is ready to be picked up from the quilter. I'll have my work cut out for me in getting it squared and bound. I still haven't made the label for it either. I haven't sewn as much for the past week but am ready to sewn the remaining rows of my Winter Wonderland quilt together. I think I have about 6 more seams to sew to have the top finished.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Used up more fabric today, I opened another box of rubberline fabric, so made wet umbrella carriers, swimming bags & more door snakes. My stack of stuff ready to go to the market seems to be growing, but my stash doesn't seem to be shrinking! Oh well, I'll keep sewing & hope I can see the stash shrink soon.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Tired

Yes I am getting excited. I have asked the kids to give me current photos of their families for my birthday so I can decorate the room. I will also be getting rid of some furniture and getting new for the room.
      I have 4 blocks left to embroider for gs#1 quilt. Hopefully today!

I hope you all have a nice weekend!

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

I keep trying to reduce my stash also, but it seems to grow and not shrink! I'm glad you have an outlet for the things you make Penny! I took several quilts to our local "Choices" clinic who give out baskets of necessities for their clients who keep their babies. I need to make of more of them and perhaps my stash would be reduced some.

We had round after round of rain today so no sewing for me as I sew in our sun-room and it is quite noisy when it's raining. We've already gotten over 3 inches of rain and are to have more rounds tonight and in the morning. Our wet-weather creek is flowing wide and fast.

We haven't heard anything from Phillipa for two weeks which is unusual for her.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Yes nonnadonna, I am lucky to have an outlet for my crafts & it is really nice when people tell you what nice work you do & it is good value for money.

Went to patchwork today, Saturday is always a busy day at the Craft Centre as woodturners, pottery group, Bonsai, lapidary & patchworkers meet. There was also a 4 day workshop called "just felt lik it again" run by our felters which attracted felters from up to 400km away. The woodturners always put on a BBQ on the 4th Sunday of each month so it was a very bustling & social place to be. I even got some patchworking done amongst all the talking we did.

We are in need of rain again & it is forecast for next week, no guarantees about that so I just have to keep watering.

Happy sewing everyone.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Tired

I am starting to do gramma daycare this week, my sewing days are going to be limited now.

I sure miss seeing some of the regulars. I hope Phillipa and Sonja are doing ok!

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Elen, I hope you'll share your little with us like Liz has with Jack. I know it will change your routine, but I'm sure it will be worth it. They change so fast when they are little and you'll get to see first hand some of the milestones.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

I am here, in a better place and trying not let things take over my life. I have been reflecting, 21 tears it was the bomb left in the shopping area and then a mad driver out to kill people, so if i work on averages it will be another twenty odd years before it happens again to me. I keep telling myself, if it doesn't kill me, it will make me stronger. of course the Spring has arrived, so I can't remain in that place in my mind. I have too much to do.

My grand daughter Skye is in jordan at the moment, she keeps facebooking me about places to see when the group she is with is visiting somewhere. i am worried about her going on to Egypt, but she should be safe, and of course her pilgrimage to israel and a chance to catch up with some friends of mine who live there. Sarah, the Chief Stewardess on Take 5 is back in Florida after wintering in the Caribbean. I do hope Ellie and Lilah also grow up to be eager to explore the world. My sister burney and her partner hans are now sailing around the Chna sea, they are at present in Thailand, will be closing the boat for a couple of weeks, and flying off to Nepal. Burney and Hans have been sailing the oceans for nearly four years now. Roy, one of my brothers has nearly completed his new house in Thailand, he will be flying up there to check on the progress, this is where he will be retiring to. A big change from living just outside of Lismore, but he has been planning this for the last five years. Dianna is recovering from her knee surgery, she is walking well and starting to do the gardening, mowing the yard and i am sure the shopping malls in Texas will be welcoming her back. Life can be good.

Loving seeing the new babies, so nice to kiss and cuddle. It's going to be lovely to see them grow, enjoy every moment you can.

I have been embroidering things, new placemats, handtowels for the house and of course the getting presents ready for birthdays and Christmas.

Brian is ok, he is counting his blessings, so all in all things are returning to normal in this house.

Oh here is hint I discovered, baby oil in the kitchen, use it polish your stainless steel sink. I also use it on the red quartz work tops, these gleam and are not greasy.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

The best person I can be, thru both happiness and grief
      is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

Phillipa - Good to see you back. The world is a scary place at present but we have to keep living our lives.

Has anyone heard from Sonia? I think about her often and hope she is OK.

Change is coming to my house as my disabled brother will be coming to live with us. I have mixed feelings about this but I am his only family and feel I must make things work. My kids will help but he is presently living about 1000 miles away so there are a lot of details to see to for this to be a safe move, but he can no longer stay where he is.

I have not done much embroidery lately but am getting closer to having my new sewing room set up where it will be comfortable to work in. A cat decided to sit on my serger and broke the thread guide on top so have to get that repaired. I am keeping the space sewing and embroidery only (no other crafts) as it is a small room but all supplies except fabric stash will be there. I do have both emb-sewing machines set up and the serger can be moved to the cutting table to use. The cutting table is smaller than I would prefer (24x48 inches) but at least I have a cutting table.

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Lizsam, love the picture of Jack, so glad you are posting for us. But best of all is that you get to enjoy Kerry and Jack for a while.

I too miss Sonia and the others that used to post on here all of the time.

Phillipa, am glad to hear from you. I understand how you have withdrawn some due to the very scary scares you have had. Glad you are still embroidering and Brian is doing good.

Granny Elen, you will enjoy babysitting your youngest grandson. They do grow so much.

Nonnadonna, do hope you will post a picture of your completed quilt for your grandson.

TurtleOwl, it will be an adjustment having your brother with you, but you will build lots of memories for your entire family. Enjoy your sewing/embroidery room. It is nice to have your own space to create in.

I also have my own room and have my sewing machine, embroidery machine, serger and scan-n-cut all set up with a cutting table and an ironing table. plus storage for material, threads, ribbons, etc. I could of course use more room. I will post pictures soon.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Oh it's so good to wake up and not be shaking, it's like waking with a smile in your heart.

I have my bread dough proving on the window sill, weak sunshine, weather has turned cold again, frost again last night, but the cats are happy and warm.

It's lovely reading what my Sisters in Embroidery have been up to and changes in their lives.

I got a pile of alterations and mending done yesterday, clothes have buttons back on and hems have been resewn as well as seams taken in 1/2 inch on side, Today I have some embroidery to do. Little things that can fit inside a birthday card and light enough for posting overseas.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Phillipa, that is good to hear. Those of us who haven't been through something similar to your experience don't know how lucky we are. Just remember to keep that smile on your face and in your heart. And if you want to vent more, we are here for you.

I hope to get to a pile of ironing today and maybe fix a blouse for my sister that she spilled bleach on. It was one of her favorite.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Thread Information