• Wtf
  • Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Check In 2017

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

It is a perianal abscess, so definitely not shingles. it has started draining than goodness.

Liz, that is a horrible burn. No sleeping on your tummy for some time. Yes, Jack is growing up.

I found my Mum and Dad's wedding photo and also Dad and Lemon Lip's wedding photos. Dad is 97 this year, still living independently.

Oh my new threads have arrived. Better than eating sweeties.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Glad you now know what it is, it doesn't feel any better, but the wondering has gone & that is always a good thing.

Henk has started pottery, one of his mates rang up and suggested he go today so off he went. This should be interesting!!!!

I've been spreading mulch on the garden all morning & just came inside for a coffee break. It's getting a bit hot out there, about 34 C at the moment, & lovely cler blue skies, not the place to spend too much longer.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Will Henk be making ducks? This could be an enterprise Penny.

I can sit and walk without pain, so nice not to have that abscess throbbing and hurting.

We have watery sunshine today. So so cold -4 last night. More embroidery today, the bit of Night before Christmas. Finish this and I can crack on with the Fairy Wings.

i posted a Christmas card to one of my sisters on 11 December, It finally arrived in Gladstone 4 January 2017. this is supposed guaranteed Christmas Delivery if posted before the cut off date of the 12 December in England.

Hope all is as well as it can be with everyone. Soft hugs
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

He wants to make little dutch houses like the ones KLM used to give away in the 60's.

Yesterday I put my embroidery machine on to do some country music embroidery ready for our festival. This was the first time I'd used it since I got it serviced in Singleton just before Christmas. It made a dreadful noise so that was the end of my embroidering.The mechanic is on holidays & wont be back til tomorrow week, so will be driving to Singleton then & wait for it to be fixed. I wanted 4 or 5 hours in the car in a weeks time!

I spent all today mulching & pruning & can hardly stand up as a result. Think I over did it. Henk would say 'so what's new?'

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Those little house were so cute. Will Henk's be filled with gin? Will he be making Mata Hari's love nest? I had the sweetest little brooch of Dutch clogs in Delft blue and white. I am not sure where they disappeared to; these were given to me by my boyfriend at the time, he was Dutch.

How is the grass you have planted thriving? Weeds under control until the next lot of seeds poke their heads through.

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Woke up to 4 to 5 inches of snow. Will post pictures later when its light outside. It is so pretty. Glad I don't have to commute to work any more. We are currently 23F (-5C) and our high is supposed to get up to 28F (-2C), with a low of tonight of 10F (-12). Lucky us.

Phillipa, glad to hear your tush is feeling better.

Penny, how interesting that Henk wants to do pottery. Hope you will post some pictures of his completed houses. Don't we always over do it in the garden. I know I do.
      Last edited by Shastasmom; January 5th, 2017 at 09:25 AM. Reason: add to post.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Snow makes the cold prettier, all we get is frost and slush. I miss the cold bright days of winter in NZ, those were days we went skiing, we would open the back door, to find we had to dig our way out, the snow drifts would pile against the back door, it would be up to top of the steps out the front, the cats didn't know what to do when confronted by several feet of snow. no wonder I was fit back then, we used to nordic ski into Waiouru, a good 9kms, sometime we could not get home at night, so it was a bed in the mess for the night. At times the Gym in camp would be the rescue centre for people stranded on State Highway 1, they would get to our place and the bus would be frozen to the road, same with the trucks, so a phone call back to Camp, and the Army to the rescue. You knew, when they announced the Desert Road was closed, you weren't going anywhere and snow chains were needed. Memories. What do we have here? BLERK. Penny even gets better snow than what we do.

Shatasmom, the tush is feeling a lot less painful, i would not to think of anyone having an abscess where mine is/was. I watched a couple of UTubes as to how they drain these things, oh by, I am glad mine ruptured by itself, it looks so rough to have it drained by the doctor.

Off to make a pot of chicken soup, certainly helps when you have a cold.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Our snow is very rare, twice in the last 30 years, however it was pretty.

Sewed a little, talked on the phone to people & generally had a lazy day, I did cut out a few appliques to do.

One of our patchworkers died this week & her funeral is tomorrow. She went to hospital with kidney failure & they sent her home instead of doing dialysis. When she went back they put her in a bed & ignored her. A visitor found her on the floor with a broken leg, she lasted 24 hours after that. Sometimes I wonder about our medical system, or at least some of its practitioners. They seem to need a lot more practice!

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

I thought you had more snow than that Penny, -8C last night and we are still in the blue zone with more freeze on the way as well as rain.

You want to try the NHS, so so bad. Wrong diagnosis and then fighting to have the diagnosis corrected, and every one covering their bums. What happened to you Patchworker sounds like neglect. I know what I would be doing to get the ball rolling. Too late for the lady, but I do sometimes wonder, if palliative care was mentioned and perhaps the only option. The medical profession seem to have a policy, once you are past 60, you are more easily written off. The Nursing staff should also be hauled over the coals for neglect.

I am:
      Happy

Penny, my condolences on the loss of your friend. That definitely sounds like neglect to me. Every once in a while you deserve a lazy day.

Here are some pictures of snow at my house yesterday. Our high yesterday was 27F (-3C) and that was at 12:50AM, low was 10F (-12C) at 7:50PM, temp just kept going down throughout the day. Currently it is 14F (-10C). Streets are plowed, so will be going out for dog food.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	42763  
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Twinkle, Twinkle Pretty Star
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Happy New Year to All and hope the new tear is treating everyone well so far. It is down right cold in the south at 33* but by next weekend we will be back to 71.* Finally set up the new machine to try and learn it...slow process is all I can say.

LIZSAM...Love the picture of Jack. and I hope your burn gets better really soon.

Phillipa...Your granddaughters are so cute.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Happy New Year Windstar. Thank you for your lovely comment regarding Lilah and Ellie.

What machine did you get?

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

The friend was only 63,but did have some health problems. Her treatment was totally different to Henks experience just before Christmas. He rearranged the top of his thumb with a bench saw & after they had dressed the wound they asked if they could ring someone to come & get him & if there was an active competent adult at home with him. To his credit he said there was! We also had 10 twicw weekly visits from a wound nurse who dresssed the wound for him.

We get very cold here just over night but most winter days are in the mid teens so it is not really conducive to snow falls Phillipa.

Your photos of the snow are really pretty Shastasmom.

My neighbours, who have rented the house next door for 10 years has bought a house nearby & is moving atthe end of the month. She gave me all her quilting magazines today, so I've spent a few hours going through them & adding to my collection. Those I already have will go to our craft centre where we sell them for 50c each. It has turned out to be a really good money spinner.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

HI everyone!
      Penny I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.
      Phillipa - OUCH!
      I have been busy with tax responsibility. I was not prepared for this much complications! February 6 is less than a month away, by then we will all be pros!
      I made a trip to the fabric outlet and got over 120 yards of fabric for $38! I will be making doorway curtains for our upper lever as it has sloped ceilings so doors won't work. And found material for quilts and upholstery among other stuff.
      I am in the process of trying to sell a piece of exercise equipment. WOW I have had calls from someone 3 states away that wanted it - but he cannot find a way to get it delivered to him. He was willing to put half down! I'm glad I said no as I would have felt guilty keeping the money. They I've had 3 more interested that are 4 hours away. One of those says she is coming to get it and will call back to set a time. Evidently everyone else in my area has access to gyms just like me - We have so many gyms - I have one walking distance from me! I just want it out of here so I can get my house in order - it is big!
      Have a great day everyone - stay warm and safe.

I am:
      Happy

Penny, your friend was too young to die and probably wouldn't have if she hadn't been neglected.
      Elen, sounds like you will be busy sewing up a storm (pun not intended). Hope you sell your exercise equipment.

Well we got more snow today, they are predicting freezing rain for this afternoon, then warming up with and regular rain, so flooding is predicted for all of the low spots and along the river. Last flood was in 2005. Going to stay indoors and work on my sewing/craft room.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

It's been a very hot day today 39 C so the air conditioning has been running flat out all day & I stayed inside & sewed. Don't have much to show for it though. I'll try harder tomorrow.

I am:
      Happy

What a difference a day makes, temps are no longer below freezing, we are now at 37F (3C) and we've had over 1/2 inch (1.5cm) rain, on top of all of the melted and unmelted snow is going to make for some flooding. No sewing for me today or in the near future, since I am remodeling my sewing room. It is now a total mess.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

It is still cold here, it will be until April!

I sold my nustep today! Now I need to figure out how to move the furniture. Son#2 told me I need a toybox. I guess he is right!
      Hubby will be out of town this week so perfect time to figure the room situation out.

I hope you all have a great week.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

The photos of the snow & ice on the news looks rather special & the christmas ice sculptures in Russia wsere amazing. Guess it's not so pleasant of you have to live through it. Down under we are just hot or very hot. It's 10pm & still 35 C outside. The air conditioner has been working overtime.

Have fun with your reorganizing, Elen, without any helpful advice!

My sewing room looks like a bomb hit it too Shastasmom, I'm reorganizing the books and magazines so they all fit.

I am:
      Happy

Well the rain has stopped, now we are supposed to get snow. Lots of flooding around as being in a desert, we are not used to so much rain, had 2.4inches (6.09cm)in less than 48 hours. Fortunately, for me, no flood damage here as I am on a slight hill.

Thread Information