• Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Check In 2017

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Well the rain has stopped, now we are supposed to get snow. Lots of flooding around as being in a desert, we are not used to so much rain, had 2.4inches (6.09cm)in less than 48 hours. Fortunately, for me, no flood damage here as I am on a slight hill.

Penny, try and stay cool.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

It's getting hotter, into the 40s, meant that the washing dried very quickly!

I spent the day sewing crochet hook pouches & knitting needle pouches & going through books to get inspiration for another quilt.

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

About 3" of new snow... Some guy in a van went into the ditch adjacent to my house and was blocking one lane of traffic. He came to the door asking me to pull him out using my truck. Not gonna happen! I did allow him to use a worn outside door mat (that I plan on replacing this spring) to place under his back tire. When that didn't work, he requested that I use the truck to "push against the side of the van near the front tire to spin it around." Once again, not gonna happen!!! I then handed him a shovel and bag of sand. I did call the sheriff's office to report a spin-out blocking one lane of traffic but the guy was able to free himself during the call. After digging the creep barely gave a thank you. Next time, I'll place the call to the sheriff and let a tow-truck driver "reap the reward."
      Last edited by la_cole; January 10th, 2017 at 05:59 PM.
      Never give up, never surrender.

Twinkle, Twinkle Pretty Star
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipa View Post
      Happy New Year Windstar. Thank you for your lovely comment regarding Lilah and Ellie.

What machine did you get?
      I bought the Innovis 6200D. I'm still trying to get the 'hang' of it.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Went out to do a little gardening but it decided to rain with no warning. It was quite a violent storm about 75 km/h winds, 25mm rain, some hail and a lot of rain. We had no damage but the shopping centre over our back fence lost its awning. Haven't talked to any of the neighbours, so I don't know how they went. It cooled down to the high 30s which was a bonus.

Pity we have to occasionally have to suffer fools La Cole.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Oh my goodness, this hacking cough that is going around. I am in good company the Queen had it too. Brian has come down with it also.

There was a yellow alert out for snow, hahahahahaha it snowed, then turned to sleet, then the sun came out and the high winds hit, it is so very cold, the coldest I have know it to be since moving here.

Definitely returning home, it will take about 12 months to finalise everything, so we are on a count down from today. We will rent for 12 months while we look for a property to buy. I think we have narrowed ur options to the Central Coast of NSW, one hour from Sydney. As my paternal grandmother came from The Entrance this is where we are looking primarily. We had some fun school holidays there. The family lived at the North Entrance, right at the sandhills, back then the road did not go any further north. Where my Uncle Fred had built his house are now sensory gardens and reserve how time change things. Penny it will be easy to come and spend time with you and also you and henk visit us for a weekend by the sea. The other reason, we will be close enough to my son, but far enough away so my DIL's mother can't say we are trying to steal her thunder.

I have just finished making the cover for my Year of Embroidery Diary, the design came from the San Francisco Stitch Company.

I hope tomorrow I feel a bit more human.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Hope you are feeling better soon Phillipa. That hacking cough is doing the rounds here too. Seems to be spread through the preeschools with Grandmas the next to catch it,and it seems to hang around for quite a few weeks. Luckily I haven't caught it & hope I don't as we are off to Laos & Cambodia in 2 weeks.

Glad you are coming home, the Central Coast is a very popular placed for retirees & easy to get to from most places. Will be great to exchange visits.

I had to drive to Singleton to get my machine fixed yesterday, a successful day. The machine mechanic there is a gem. It was 44 C as I left there at 3:30pm & rose another degree in the next hour. Luckily my air conditioning in the car works well. Wilcannia & Bourke got to 46. Just a bit hot me thinks.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Those hot, hot summer days in Singleton, add into the mix our uniforms, all starch and stiff. it was so good to get home at the end of the shift. Strip off and then down to the river to cool off. Barbies in the backyard with sprinkler going.

I do hope you and Henk do not come down with the Cough. It is not good and there is nothing you can take for it, well i did, I added two drops of tea tree oil to a spoonful of sugar, just give me some relief. At least any bacteria living in my gut got cleaned out. Not so good for the reflux, but hey you can't have everything.

Just been over to Pixies Rules and bought a couple of more designs for stocking fillers.

It was a three cat night last night, they stayed despite the hacking coughs from two of us.

I hope all the Sisters in Embroidery are as well as they can be.

Oh Penny, I found a recipe for the good old fashioned cream bun. the Australian Women's Weekly comes through again.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Cream buns are a weakness of mine Phillipa.

Just had an argument with a flock of white cockatoos over who could eat the nuts on my almond tree. They finally left.but the tree suffered. I'm sure they will be back tomorrow.

There have been pictures of dreadful snow storms in the US on our news. Perhaps they're trying to make us feel thankful for our heat,it's not working. Hope all you who are suffering through a nasty winter are safe & well. There were also pictures of Britain's winter looking fairly unpleasant too.

Meanwhile we are breaking all records in the heat department.

The only thing one can do in weather like this is sew, & I'm enjoying doing just that.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Cream buns are a weakness of mine Phillipa.

Just had an argument with a flock of white cockatoos over who could eat the nuts on my almond tree. They finally left but the tree suffered. I'm sure they will be back tomorrow.

There have been pictures of dreadful snow storms in the US on our news. Perhaps they're trying to make us feel thankful for our heat,it's not working. Hope all you who are suffering through a nasty winter are safe & well. There were also pictures of Britain's winter looking fairly unpleasant too.

Meanwhile we are breaking all records in the heat department.

The only thing one can do in weather like this is sew, & I'm enjoying doing just that.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

I prefer cream bus to scones. Good thing I am too lazy to make these. I have made cracker candy, so easy and good for the swet tooth. i love th saltiness of the crackers with the carmel toffee and chocolate, I have been usig crackers that are seasoned with back pepper and sea salt, just bit different.

The weather here is making embroidery miserable. moving from the warmth of the living room to the Conservaotory even thought I have the heating on in there.

Had a look at Maclean and then thought of South West Rocks and found a farm house in Kinchela, it has an orchard and the rest of the farm is up for sale. I don't mind moving a bit further out. You could send your cockies down south for a feed. They will be back now they have discovered the almond tree. You will be lucky to have any when get back from your trip. I really want striking distance to Sydney and trip of about two hours.

Back to the machine it needs a thread change.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Haven't had the cockies for 2 days, 2 got caught in the nets & sounded really distressed so I'm hoping that has frightened them away.

I've been having a use it week, I pick up a piece of fabric & make something out of it. It's a bit of fun to challenge myself to be creative. Here is the result of the first bit of fabric. It was a panel that was meant to be made into a pocketed wall hanging. I made a bag for ruler, board & blocks instead & used it when I went to patchwork today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160431.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	42776 I have enough to make 2 2" squares & 2 4" squares left over. Not bad I thought.

I've never made cracker candy Phillipa, maybe one day!

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

I can hear the screeching of a cocky in distress. You never forget that sound.

I like your challenge Penny. Have you seen the sticky notepad covers over at Pixies Rules? These might me seller on your market day. might use up a few bits in the stash.

Brian has just learnt about the Ear Wax Spiders, i am trying to reassure him that the house should be insect screened so the spiders should not be a problem, but as precaution to put a wad of cotton wool into his ears to prevent a spider from getting in there. he has yet to see a Huntsman Spider. welcome to the Australia Brian. we have looked a bit further north to South West Rocks, found a property that is suitable, but i bet it will have been snapped up by the time we are ready to make our move. the agent is in Kempsey, so I think will making contact with a Kempsey agent about six months out and see what they can offer in our price range. Brian remarked oh it just east of Tamworth, well if you took a bit of string and placed it on the map it is. he makes it sound like there is no distance to travel. he is happy to be inland and doesn't matter if we are not on the coast, i like the idea of being inland a bit. the draw back is the property I like is on the banks f the Macleay River, the house is high set for obvious reasons. Iit will be the timing for us to get the cats ready to export. They have to have their rabies shots, even though we don't have rabies over here and then all the blood work for the export license. the ideal would be be sell the house, exchange contracts, have the cats ready to fly out the same day, get the removalists on pack us up and we fly out all within two days. The cats do 10 days in quarantine down at Eastern Creek, then we pick them up and take them home.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

I like your aim Phillipa, hope it all falls into place just like that. South West rocks is a nice little place but growing as retirees move there.

Thank you for the hint about sticky note pad holders.I'll go & look now.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

This is the problem Penny, lots of retirees discovering some the best fishing spots in the world. Tin Can Bay used to be a back water now it is practically a suburb, same 1770. the developers found the place and moved in.

i checked the AQIS regulations, they have moved the quarantine facility the Melbourne, you have to book your animals in at least five months before they are due to arrive and you can't change the date, so not knowing when the house is going to be sold and contracts exchanged this is a problem, because of the import license restrictions, I am not prepared to fly home with the house unsold, and we need to know a home for the cats when we arrive. We have 12 months to work this one out, but once we start the import license process we have to stick to very tight schedule. Trying to rehome three cats together is going to be hard if we have to do this, something I really don't want to do. If we won the lottery it would bea no brainer, hand the keys to this to the agents and tell him to sell and forward the money to the bank account. I do dream at times.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

It's amazing what money could fix Phillipa. I hope your fur babies appreciate all the trouble you have to go to for them.

I like the sticky note holders, I'll be making some of those.

Gardened today until the rain & wind drove me inside. I was planting lawn runners & they kept blowing away. Gunnedah had bore the brunt of this storm with quite a lot of roofs relocated & reshaped.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Learning as much as I can
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

Hello all - busy as usual - Jack had a hair cut today - I am sure I could hear the screaming all the way here is South Africa - he threw a major tantrum and you would have thought he was being murdered he was not a happy bunny 🐰!!! - Poor girl cutting his hair was calm and just tried to get on with it as best she could !
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16114932_10158075947050082_4823319760961193937_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	42778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16196078_10158075946890082_1834930707446711533_n.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	42777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16142756_10158075946910082_5235599068660797890_n.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	42779

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Jack continues to entertain us, even at the hairdressers. Thank you for sharing his milestones Lizsam.

Today was another hot one. I sewed most of the day & gardened for a few hours when it cooled down a little.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

All that fuss about nothing. poor jack. It didn't hurt at all. I wonder if there will be a repeat performance next haircut.

it's official, in our little corner of the world we are colder than Iceland this weekend. Windows are frosted, thank goodness for double glazing, your breath hangs in the air and it hurts your lungs if you inhale too deeply. we do have watery sunshine though. the cats are ditting in the big window downstairs soaking up the warmth through the glass. i have five cats all seeking warmth from some source. Tom one of the neighbour's cats is up on the boiler cupboard. Mr K is sitting on the faux electric stove in the kitchen, two in the window one snuggled under the duvet on our bed. i am stilll in my dressing gown snuggled up in front of the gas fire with the central heating turned up to make the room even warmer. it is so cold, you can feel it underfoot, even with thick socks on. The water bowl outside had three inches of ice on it this morning. I am going down to Port Holme to see if the it is frozen, if it is skating should be good. Port Holme is in Huntingdon, it used to be a port in the old days when there was a river trade on the River Great Ouse used to be navigatable, now they have installed locks for the narrow boats.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Learning as much as I can
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

yes Jack is a funny one - even at his age he loves his hair - he thinks its not going to grow back lol ...lovely sunny day here today currently 27 deg C . no rain for a few days - other places are getting it where its needed ...

Thread Information