• Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Check In 2017

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Lizsam, so nice of you to keep sharing Jack with us. Jack is just too cute. Guess he hasn't seen his brother get a haircut.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

This year is certainly a year of extremes, we've broken the record for heat 3 months running & January will also be the hottest January on record. There have also been more wild storms & mini tornadoes than ever before, one went through a town just west of us, removing roofs & another north of us in the last few days.

My back garden is finally pruned, weeded & mulched ready for our holiday, now there is just some pruning weeding & mulching to do out the front of the house & hopefully we will not be greeted by weeds taller than me when we return.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Here I am freezing, literally, so cold and it is official we are COLD. Climate change yes, Global warming I am not so sure..we used to have scorchers when we were kids weeks on end up in the 100's then about six weeks in Winter of cold weather. I think 3 inches in depth of ice is cold. haven't seen this much uce since living here and that is now going on for 13 years. Down at Port Holme they are ice skating and they are having the distance speed ice racing out on the Fens, something that has been short supply for several years. last night we watched the Day After Tomorrow, where there was an ice age and everyone headed south as the North Hemisphere was under 100's feet of ice.

I am not even thinking of going outdoors to touch anything in the garden.

next door's cat was knocking on the door to come in, Yo Yo is an outdoor cat, but it is is too cold for her, she wants in while her humans are at work. I have six cats inside today. At least they are warm.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

I'm so glad we are able to see Jack growing up. He is such a charmer in the pictures we see.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Having another difference of opinion, this time with some little black birds who think I grew all the figs for them. The fig tree is loaded with figs so they will get their chance while we are away unfortunately, but until then I want exclusive rights to the figs.

Nearly finished weeding, pruning & mulching the front garden so there should be very few weeds growing when we get back.

In between gardening & chasing birds I'm finding time to do a little sewing. the challenge this year is to reduce my stash, I've used a little so far.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Grab the figs early in the morning Penny, then the little birds will know who is the boss...

A very cold and grey day over here. Nothing like the Australia Day's back home.

I must get some get up and go, so i can get my dragging snap back. I have a bag to make.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Got up earlier than the birds this morning & got all the ripe figs, they came & searched but went away hungry. The cockies haven't been back since our last disagreement.

It was a very wet day today, hot & wet, so I stayed in the air conditioning & sewed. I bought 9 panels for a few dollars when a shop in Muswellbrook was closing down & have made 5 quilt tops out of them. They all have different colour ways.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160432.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	42780

I am:
      Happy

Penny love your quilt. Where are you going this time on your holiday?
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

We fly into Chang Mei, cross the border into Laos & follow the Mekong down to HoChiMing city passing through Cambodia. We will have lots of stops on the way. I'm looking forward to seeing the very old archeology. I'll post photos when there is internet access.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

That sounds like quite a trip Penny! I'll look forward to seeing photos. Thanks to you I'm seeing more of the world than I ever thought possible. I also like your quilt. Today I was organizing instead of sewing which isn't as much fun.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Did some more gardening today, it is nearly ready to leave for 6 weeks. The neighbours are going to pick the figs & the nuts so the birds go hungry, & will keep an eye on the place.

Also did some sewing, I'm trying to get ready for a market a few days after I return. I buy the hankies with the lace & embroidery them in 3 colours & white.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160433.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	42784

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Garden weeded, watered mulched, lawn mowed, edges done, bags packed, just have to pack the car. Got it back last night only to find the wrong bull bar has been put on. Actually what is there is not a bull bar, but just a decoration, don't think it would afford me any protection at all& I said so to the repairer. After a lot of buck passing they agreed to look at what had gone wrong. Unfortunately they have 6 weeks to make up excuses for not fixing the mistake.

During the hot part of the day I made a few more things for my market in March.

A good neighbor!
      is the seamstress for the band
      (in my dreams....)

I am:
      Shy

I've been away from the Forum for a while.
      Family dynamics problems.
      Most of the hassles are about money and court costs for custody of the grandson. We have been telling our son for years to quit paying the lawyers, that the mother will screw up and Carson will be old enough to present to the court why he should be living with his Dad. Well, it's finally happened that way (after 5 years and $45,000), Carson removed from mother's home by Children's Aid and placed with his dad.
      Trying not to say "told you so" after he put himself on the hook for so much money. but...

Much resentment about my way to spend money. Just finished paying off our mortgage, now son wants us to remortgage to pay for lawyers debts.... not happening !

I am fed up with it all. So I called Captain Smiley and took off for a vacation!

Anyway, my moods have been pretty black, so I just kept to myself for a while. Went to Cuba and cleansed my spirits. First time in 43 years that I got to choose how I was going to spend my vacation. And left hubby at home!

Got a promotion at work (been trying for years - no respect - so stopped caring - and got the position without applying).

Going back to Cuba mid March. And probably again in November.

Gonna be selfish (they think) with my paycheque and take care of myself. I have to, or I'll explode.
      You've been there right??
      Anyway, I'm back! Thanks for the rant space and the shoulder to lean on.

I am:
      Happy

Sharon, good to see you back. Sometimes our children, don't think we know that we're talking about. Good for you on spending your money your way. Your son will find a way to pay the attorneys without you putting your home in danger. Enjoy your vacations, you have earned them.

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

I'm glad things finally got settled for your son--except for his attorney's fees. And they are just that... HIS fees, not yours! Do not feel guilty and continue taking care of yourself with spiritual trips.
      Never give up, never surrender.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Sharon, it is great to see you back, sorry to hear you have been through so much. I agree with what you are doing, his debt, his problem, tighten his belt, his son, deal with it himself & make sure the son understands about the debt. Children should be helped to understand family money situations, it is part of a loving parent child relationship.

Glad you had a great holiday in Cuba, that's one place we still have on our bucket list.

Congratulations on your promotion.

We are now in Sydney staying with my cousin near Windsor for 2 days before we fly out to Laos. We drove down the putty road as usual & I had just say to Henk that this year I had seen a lot of lyre birds on this road when a beautiful big male with the shiniest tail I've seen ran across the road in front of us. I'm hoping this means the population is increasing.

Twinkle, Twinkle Pretty Star
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Great to see you back Sharon.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

It's good to hear from you again Sharon. This forum is a great place to vent and more than one of us has done so. I'm so glad that your grandson is finally living with his Dad and that you had a wonderful solo vacation. Life can be good if we have the patience to get thru the rougher times like you have.

A good neighbor!
      is the seamstress for the band
      (in my dreams....)

I am:
      Shy

Enjoying some time off work, busy stitching some basic dresses and embroidering towels to take to Cuba. Also have a stack of shirts that I cut out (too many years ago) for grandsons, will stitch them and take as well. Six weeks, counting down.
      We're in a cool spell right now, but "WIARTON WILLY" has predicted an early spring. I believe in you Wiarton Willy !!
      Have a safe trip Penny! Look forward to your photos!

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

After 14 hours in the air & 4 waiting at airports, we have arrived in Chang Rai in Thailand, very close to the Laos border. Singapore & Bangkok airports were full of orchards as usual. In every departure lounge on Bangkok airport were these lovely urns of orchids & some tropical trailing leafy plants. Thousands of them throughout the airport.

We had a little giggle when we arrived in Chang Rai because we passed through a large welcoming arch of plastic flowers, complete with garden gnomes standing at its base. The teak garden hotel where we stayed last night is set in a huge garden of beautifully manicured trees. After lunch we will be transferred to a little hotel in a village just near the border & early the next morning we will cross the friendship bridge into Laos & begin our cruise.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160434.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	42788  

Thread Information