• Wtf
  • Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Check In 2017

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Ah success at last. Love your fabric Lizsam.
      We are having quite a bit of rain this week, nothing like the floods in other places, just gentle useful rain. The garden survived quite well while we were away & there were very few weeds when we got back, so the mulching worked well.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

Thanks for the additional pictures, Penny. It's been a fun journey for us and had to be very interesting for you.

Liz, I also love the dinosaur fabric.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

nonnadonna - I have pictures on my smart phone that I do not know how to get off!
      I spent 4 days at my son's painting, cleaning carpets, polishing woodwork and repairing cabinets so he can list his house for sale. I am so tired I just want to sit and read! But it was an awesome time with him and grandson. He spends up to 3 hours morning and night commuting as his son goes to school in the northern suburb and he lives in the southern. My son was overwhelmed with all that was done in those few days.
      I made diaper covers for new grand son. He has already out grown them so that will be my project today, make the mediums ones! We baby sit Thursday so they can go out for their birthdays. Oh my! I am no longer up on what newborns are like. And this little guy does not sleep much!
      I hope you all are having a nice day

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Learning as much as I can
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

popped into the Doctors today - my sinus are blocked - so he thinks that is where the headaches are coming from and now I have an acute case of Pleurisy.. or Pleuritis as its now called.. its sure is sore

had to share this - Jack and his Crunchie Birthday cake from a School firend - he just couldn't wait till he got home
      hope it plays
      ...https://www.facebook.com/kerry.sambr...8362560205082/

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Hope you recover soon Lizsam, being sick is no fun & such a waste of good sewing time!

More travel tales. Not sure where I'm up to but I'll try & get it all in sequence.

We had a week on our own in Siem This was most interesting as we could see a progression in the architecture from the earliest to the latest temples. We then Joined the cruise group & went to Angkor Wat, probably the best known & largest of the temples.
      when we entered the grounds of the temple we found it was a popular place for wedding photos.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160836.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	42953The temple itself is surrounded by a moatClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160840.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	42954The entrance to the actual temple was via a bridge over the moat and as was everwhere the carvins were spectacular.this is the entrance to the bridge.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160834.jpg 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	42952 Inside we had plenty of time to explore & we went to the top floor, reserved for the high priest & the king in Khmer timesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160863.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	42955This photo was taken from the top(4th) floor looking down on the temple enclosure.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1160873.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	42956This was taken looking down towards the entrance of the grounds. The bridge over the moat is in the foreground.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Today was our North West Craft Group Meeting & Tamworth hosted it this time. About 60 people from 200 km around Tamworth came for the day. We had talks on crocheting, knitting & patchwork challenges that our groups are involved in, a demonstration of felting on a Pfaff felting machine, needle felting & wet felting, a talk on eco dyeing and gadgets to make patchwork easier & I gave a talk on fabrics of the early vikings. My interest in this was triggered by our visit to the viking ship museum in Oslo the year before last. I actually had photos that I took there of the textiles & weaving equipment buried with the 2 ladies in one of the ships & did a bit of research on how things were actually done in 900 AD be the viking women. In a first for me I took our old TV screen to the craft centre & connected it to my computer so I could illustrate the talk.
      Now for some more Cambodian village photos, this is a lady polishing a copper chandelierClick image for larger version. 

Name:	cleaning silverplated chandelier.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	42957 & these two are of people punching a design into copper objects. As you can see the designs are very intricate.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3020685.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	42958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3020690.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	42959we visited a village school Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3020695.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	42960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3020696.JPG 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	42961& I had a lovely time going through their English text book & helping some of the boys with their pronunciation. They were very keen to learn.

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Penny, wish I could have been there to hear about the vikings and their fabrics.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0313171233.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	42964Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0313171234.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	42965These are 2 baby quilts I made with sets I have digitized. Today is diaper cover day. The little one is growing way to fast!
      Attached Files Attached Files

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

I also wish that I could have heard your talk Penny as I'm sure it was very interesting. The copper work looks wonderfully intricate and lovely.

I have two more seams to do on grandson's quilt and then can get it sent to the quilter. I'll work at getting a picture and posting it. Once the quilt is done I will have more time I can devote to it as I won't be going far or doing much for the next 10 days until I can get to the Dr. to find out what is going on with my left knee. It has been hurting for a week and getting worse, and I have no idea what is wrong with it. Computer work is a good sitting down activity.

Elen, the quilts are cute!

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Playing catch up, have been absent for a couple of weeks. Things happen and have to be attended to then my embroidery machine decided it needed to be serviced (well it has been two years) and i took to another dealer still a distance from us, had to leave the machine there for a week, got it back on Saturday.

Have a new hairstyle, I look like a skin head, made a conscious decision to have it shaved off to a number one. Stress was causing problems with it, so got fed up with falling hair. Now the stress has gone, as has my hair.

I refuse to go near London again. We went to Manchester in 1996, a bomb is left and it goes off, suffered deafness for several weeks after that. Go to London to see the sights and what happens, a bloody maniac in car decides he is going to kill everyone. Left in shock and counting my blessings. At least he was in the car when he tried to drive into us. If we had been two minutes earlier we could have been killed at the gates. So sad that people had to die because of his screwed up ideologies.

Now we have the Wee Krankie up in Scotland doing her darndest to back Spain it's claim for Gibraltar, she wants out of the UK, she wants to stay in the EU and is waging her own war for Scottish Independence from the UK. Don't know where she going to get the money to pay the EU the Billions of Euros a year for membership. This is polotics and better left alone. To think it was Scotland in 1707 that begged to belong to the UK.

I am glad Spring has arrived, we have sunshine at times, so things can't be all that bad.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

I took my Brother embroidery machine into the shop several weeks ago as it got really noisy and then jammed. I showed them what quieted it down and was told they would replace that part and I should have it the following week. over 2 weeks later I got it back but did not use it for over a week, the noise was worse than before so took it back. They did not replace the part they told me they would but replaced a different one. Now they say the foot is bad and wobbles. All on a 2 year old machine that sat in the closet over 75% of the time. 2 million stitches on it, or so they say. Now waiting for the part to come for them to fix it again. When I bought machines in past they were warrantied for a while. Evidently this one is not. I am so frustrated!!!

I am so ready for tax season to be over. This has been a tough year.

I hope you all have a great day!

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Elen, i would be checking this out with Brother USA. I thought the Brother machines came with a three year warranty. if you buy it over the internet, you have to send it back to Brother to get the repairs done under warranty. If you take it to the dealer, Brother supplies the parts under warranty and you have to pay for the labour.

We are still living with the aftermath of the adventures down in London. We are opting out of the service at Westminster Abbey, supposed to be a healing/thanksgiving service, but I am sure it wont do me any good to go there and to have to relive it all again. I feel that it is giving more exposure to the mad man who did this. I am losing myself in my embroidery and just enjoying the sunshine and the spring flowers; so cathartic. None of our neighbours know what happened to us that day, i deliberately have not told them, as I don't want to be telling people I am ok, over and over again. Needless to say none of the family apart from Dianna knows what happened. There is nothing they can do. this is what happens when you live in isolation, yet are surrounded by people who are busy with their own lives. No one stops to check on each other any more. I am sounding so annoyed, and I a ma. I haven't emailed my children since this happened, yet neither have emailed me to find out if I am alive, I know the anser, they see me occasionally posting on Facebook to something they have posted, so they know I am alive...how sad is that? I used to email every week, never getting a reply that week, maybe a reply three weeks later. form one or the other. Out of sight, out of mind. Mother's day came and went, of course it is a different time of year over here, still no effort made. i wont get started on the cards and presents sent with never an acknowlegement of receipt. If I don't vent here, I will burst.

I am going back to my machine and making my mug rugs for the Spring Fair we having on Community Street on the 13th.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Phillipa, I'm so sorry to hear of your London experience, the attack was all over our news bulletins for days & horrified us all. I hope time will dull the experience.

Life has been very hectic here, we went to Brisbane 2 weeks ago to celebrate daughter Sarah's 40th birthday. This had to be celebrated a week early, as son Bernard was flying out to Nepal on her birthday to go trekking to the Everest base camp in Nepal. As it turned out that was a blessing, as the Cyclone hit Queensland last week & moved down the coast flooding everything in its path & we wouldn't have got to Brisbane for her actual birthday.

I've spent my time sewing & gardening, very little rain got to us. I'm still having a campaign of trying to reduce my stash. I've emptied 4 cotton reels today, does that count?

The last of the photos of our Mekong Cruise. The final stop before Ho Chi Minh city was a large trading village on the Mekong. We visited a marketClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170018.jpg 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	42977a rich rice merchant's gardenClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170023.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	42978which contained lots of bonsais (to the vietnamese this means tree in a pot) & orchidsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170025.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	42979& his staff kitchen where the workers lunches were being preparedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170026.jpg 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	42980his nephew was our guide.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Thank you Penny. It will soften in the future and be one of those memories. I count my blessings we were in the right place at that time. You know how Brian dawdles when I like to pace it out, thank goodness we dawdled over the bridge that day, though some were not so lucky, i still think of the lady that fell into the river to get out of the way, she was ahead of us. She fell a long way down and hit the water so hard. there was no where else for her to go to get out of the way of the car. He was driving so erratically. Another lady was run over by a bus, she jumped out of the way into the path of the bus. Horrible, horrible.

I am going to miss your travel photos. It has been a wonderful journey that you have shared with us.

The cyclone certainly did a lot of damage, i was following it, as Sylvia was getting flooded up in Calliope, the Sunshine Coast grand children and their families were being flooded, as was Roy down in Lismore. One of my cousins posted up a photo of the water in her house and friend posted up photos of Logan Road. Of course their houses are built on the flood plains.

Yes empty thread reels count towards reducing the stash.

I am:
      Happy

Phillipa, I'm so sorry that you were involved in that horrible crime in London. And I'm so happy that you and Brian are both safe physically. The mental effects will lessen with some time. Glad you've got your embroidery to help take your mind off of it.

Penny, You have kept us entertained with your travel pictures. I know that I will never get those experiences and its wonderful to get them through your eyes.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

Vent away, Phillipa! Anyone exposed to such horrifying events has earned the right. I can't even begin to imagine what that event was like for you, your fellow countrymen, and tourists!
      Never give up, never surrender.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Thanks, Phillipa I will check into that - 3 year warranty wow, all my other machines are 20 or 25. And when it affects the head, they include labor.

Phillipa, I am so so sorry for what you went through. You can vent here all you want!

Our children have all developed their own lives. We do not hear from them much other than holidays and birthdays. I do communicate on Facebook though. See son almost everyday while I watch Dante will be a big change for us. I hope his little smile makes you all smile just a little.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17758374_10206829890944134_1557088591155078731_o.jpg 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	42981
      Last edited by granny elen; April 5th, 2017 at 07:45 PM.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Elen, his smile is priceless! Thanks for sharing such a cute picture - and Penny your pictures have been so interesting; I've enjoyed all of them.

I think part of being on this Forum is being able to vent, Phillipa! I too am sorry that you were at the wrong place at the worst possible time. I can't imagine how terrible it was for you.

I finished two quilt tops yesterday that have been partially done for quite a while and then nearly finished a kimono that I started eons ago. I would have completed it except for the fact that I ran out of bobbin thread and needed to wind another one. I have about a foot of the hem yet to sew. It was a good feeling at the end of the day.

I am:
      Happy

Elen, what a happy baby, love his smile. Baby's are definitely a gift from God. May he always be blessed.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Learning as much as I can
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

Hello World - well had some lovely rain yesterday more on the way - Ellen love that smile - glad you can see him everyday - Phillipa so sorry to hear of your terrible experience - i heard today that the lady who fell into the river has passed on - sad day
      Jack may be visiting us for Easter - Kerry has a new man - a new job - any ways she wants me to pay for Jacks tickts as her new job will pay for hers ...oh boy emotional blackmail

Thread Information