• Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Survey question & FB drama

Forum Friend
      is a design collector

I am:
      Awesome

Default Survey question & FB drama

Question: Would you take the time to do a "hunt" for a free letter design without knowing what the design looked like?

Drama: Someone posted on FB about her free alphabet hunt. She did not post an image of the letter, and her website did not show it. I politely asked for an image. For some reason, this was offensive (??!). Apparently I was just supposed to be grateful for the free design.

LOL! Another day, another soap opera on FB!

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

I would not do a mystery hunt as you describe. Maybe post a link to this thread on the FB page in question. LOL

Besides, I'm having some of my own FB drama with a niece over grammar following a comment I made to her over a "word" that she claims was autocorrected. Instead of accepting her goof and laughing it off, she has blown everything up and threatened to quit posting. Glad I'm not in my 20's!!!
      Never give up, never surrender.

Forum Friend
      is a design collector

I am:
      Awesome

I've been blocked & I can't see the FB post anymore! But maybe I can get around it...

As for grammar corrections, someone posted her welcome mat in a completely different FB group and asked how much she could charge for it -- she had customized the mat with The Smith's. Of course, someone else replied that the apostrophe was incorrect. The OP implied that she knew it was wrong but her husband insisted on that spelling (the mat had their name). Really?? Why did she include the apostrophe when she knew it was wrong? Is her husband's ego that fragile? Or maybe the mistake is entirely hers and she's just making the husband her scapegoat? In any case, I hope she knows she needs to make another sample to show to potential customers. Folks aren't going to be impressed by something that's grammatically wrong.

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

I'm curious, what fB and/or website is having the mystery alpha hunt?

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Bearington, I would only attempt a search as you described if I was already familiar with the designer's work. Too many times I've downloaded a popular design only to find out it is either poorly digitized or a design for infants and toddlers. So knowing the designer's work is a must. But also, searching websites for hidden alphas is very time consuming. I'd rather be stitching than hunting....unless it is from one of my favorite sites.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Oh we do get into trouble so easily these days. it could have been The Smith's (house) the apostrophe denoting Smith ownership of the house. Oh well by the by.

i have been unfriended so many times, i can't be bothered. peoples egos are so fragile these days. I am always correcting my daughter's spelling and grammar.

Just not prepared to do hunts and surveys these days.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

I would not, what if I don't like design then I've wasted my time. Also I think it is very rude of the digitizer/ site owner to
      expect folks to search for something without knowing what it looks like
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Forum Friend
      is a design collector

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Shastasmom View Post
      I would not, what if I don't like design then I've wasted my time. Also I think it is very rude of the digitizer/ site owner to
      expect folks to search for something without knowing what it looks like
      I thought so, too! I probably wouldn't find the incident worth mentioning if the FB thread had stayed molehill-sized. Instead, someone (not the digitizer) gave me escalating responses like, "Where's the fun in knowing what the hunt design looks like? Don't you like surprises? How about just looking through the site -- you might see something else you like! This freebie is very generous of the digitizer because free doesn't pay the bills, you know." The last one was in reply to my comment, which was something like, "I'd rather see the design before I hunt to make sure I like it. If you don't mind not seeing the design, that's fine. Enjoy your hunt." Meanwhile, the digitizer completely ignored my request and later commented how "some people" are so rude and offensive.

Anyway, I told my husband about it, but he doesn't do embroidery, so I thought I'd share with a more knowledgeable audience!

Forum Friend
      is a design collector

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Godetia33 View Post
      I'm curious, what fB and/or website is having the mystery alpha hunt?
      Here you go: http://www.designsbysick.com/forums/...902#post565902

Thread Information