• Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ITH Zippered Bag with pockets 8x11

Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Question ITH Zippered Bag with pockets 8x11

I am making this design. It gives me the sizes to cut for the front piece of batting, however, the instructions fail to state when to put the batting on. It goes from outside tack down straight to zipper and then the rest. Nothing about batting for the front. And when I finished the bag I only had lining on one side. Maybe one of you more experienced people could explain and tell me when to add these things. This is my first bag project. I'm confused. Please help! Thanks in advance.Lynne
      Last edited by lmorchy; September 29th, 2017 at 06:51 PM.

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by lmorchy View Post
      I am making this design. It gives me the sizes to cut for the front piece of batting, however, the instructions fail to state when to put the batting on. It goes from outside tack down straight to zipper and then the rest. Nothing about batting for the front. And when I finished the bag I only had lining on one side. Maybe one of you more experienced people could explain and tell me when to add these things. This is my first bag project. I'm confused. Please help! Thanks in advance.Lynne
      Lynne, see page 3 of the pdf instructions, mentions batting for the back, would be same for front. You would actually complete the front the same as the back.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

I made the back well. As I understand it now; when beginning the front, the batting is the first to go on the stabilizer and then the zipper? I'm sorry to be such a dolt, but I'm a visual learner and usually use a video to learn. I appreciate your help and time. I love this pattern and it is important for me to learn the right way to do this as I have plans to make these as gifts for my sewing friends and I want it to be so nice.Thank you for your patience and this should be my last question. 😜Lynne

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Hi Imorchy,Sorry haven't been around since quite some time and I just read your question!When doing the back of the zippered bag with pockets, the batting is the first layer and then the back fabric is placed over it. (Step 2 in the instructions pdf explains the use of the batting)Hope this helps and do share the pictures of the bags you create!

Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Default ITH Zippered Bag with pockets 8 x 11

Thanks for the input. I have made the back of the bag successfully and now I need to know when and how the lining and/or batting for the FRONT is done.

I am very thankful for the help I'm receiving in this forum.

Have a lovely day.

Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Quote Originally Posted by Tfjk View Post
      Hi Imorchy,Sorry haven't been around since quite some time and I just read your question!When doing the back of the zippered bag with pockets, the batting is the first layer and then the back fabric is placed over it. (Step 2 in the instructions pdf explains the use of the batting)Hope this helps and do share the pictures of the bags you create!
      I think the question has to do with the batting for the FRONT of the bag...the back does not seem to be the problem...so when/where/how is the FRONT batting placed...I think that is the question.

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Hi Lynne,
      There is no use of batting for the front, as the fabric is already doubled! But if you wish to add more thickness, you may sandwich a layer of batting between the two layers of fabric! This is only recommended for the bigger sizes as for the small size the layers might get too bulky!
      Hope this helps

Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Tfjk:
      Thanks for your response, but it is the front LINING I am concerned with. Is there one? When and how it is inserted? I do not need front batting. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before.
      Thanks,
      Lynne

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

There isn't any lining for the front in this bag!

Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

There is now. I figured out how to add it. Thanks. This has been a valuable learning experience for me.
      Have a great weekend.

Thread Information