Thread: Need help changing a font

Forum Member

Default Need help changing a font

I'm new to this but have a beautiful font i want to use but it is called a rose font and I want to eliminate the rose, but if I just delete the rose or the color of the rose which would probably be the easy way then I woul have the emplty space where the rose was, wouldn't I. and I thinking of trying my hand at doing this in Embird...Can someone help me out here, as to how to do this? I sure would appreciate any help i get.. Thanks a bunch in advance

'Tis love we get when love we bring Shastasmom's Avatar

Sewinglady01 I'm not a digitizer, but if you just delete the rose, then yes you would have a blank where it was. I think I would try and find another font that is similar to the one you want. but then again since I'm not a digitizer I wouldn't know how to go about revising the file. Someone should be along soon with some help for you.
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Lifeblood of the Forums Site Admin/Moderator

I would pull it up and look at it. It would all depend on how they digitized it. Iíve seen it done both ways. Iím not familiar with embird but Iíve heard itís easy to use. If you already have embird, I bet you could use the stitch simulator to check it out. Of luck!

Forum Member

Adding to my original "help changing a font" request. I guess maybe I shouldn't have been so specific as to say "Embird" I do have 5D embroidery software too but not to familiar yet with either

So again, if anyone of very helpful members can advise in any way I would certainly appreciate it.

Active Forum Member

Hi, I am a digitizer and I can tell you that when an embroidery file is made and saved as a stitch file any overlapped areas are usually removed automatically by the software. In other words, if you ave a letter and a rose was added that covers any area of the letter and then you as a customer remove the rose, the area underneath will be unfinished. Software is programmed this way to reduce density so stitch outs are much nicer. There is a very slight chance that your file is different but I doubt it. Some software will allow you to edit the stitch file, removing pieces or moving pieces around, but that's about it. If you are in doubt, go ahead and remove the rose and then save it as a different name so you will retain the original for later use but use the edited file and stitch it out to see what it looks like. Good luck, I hope this helps.

Forum Friend

The only program that I have experience with is SewWhatPro - if I need to edit anything with that program I enlarge the view as much as possible and click 'edit' 'split pattern' 'split stitch' - that will allow me to see each individual stitch............................. Having deleted the colours that relate to the unwanted parts I would usually be left with a single colour for the letter. I would then look carefully at the construction of the design to see if I can break it down into all the different types of stitches (spine of the letter - underlay - satin stitch) and 'split' the stitches at each point that these change (in some letters this may be MANY small sections if the removed design element cut into a lot of different parts of the letter) and then change colour of each of these splits so that I can work on them in isolation (I colour each type of stitch with a unique colour so that I will have ALL of the satin stitches (for example) to be one colour) .................................................. ........................ by clicking on each stitch I can find the last stitch (number) and click 'insert' to create a new stitch - this I can drag to where I want to place it, and repeat this until I have done that particular gap ..................... repeat this process for every section (the satin stitches will take a LONG time to place neatly), and when I am happy that all looks good I will close the 'split' function and go to 'edit' 'order threads' - this will allow me to change the stitch order so that each section of the 'spine' stitch next to each other, then the 'underlay' and finally the 'satin stitch' .................................................. ......... once this is done I 'edit' 'join threads' so that each colour is only one thread and should end up with a design that will stitch correctly (check this with the stitch simulator)........................................ ............................... as you can see, this is not a quick job.

Lifeblood of the Forums Site Admin/Moderator

Sewwhatpro is also really good for simple editing, like joining two designs, and itís only about $60.

Forum Friend

AND you can 'try before you buy' !!! .............. current price is $65 http://sandscomputing.com/products-s...oidery-editor/

Thread Information