• Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Voting on New Design Sets

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Default Voting on New Design Sets

Could we please have updated new design set selections to vote on. Some of these designs have been there since May 2017. Others are just not timely, such as Father's Day and the 4th of July. Could you develop a system of dropping designs that have gone say 10 cycles with 0 votes. I would rather have less options to vote on that are current than designs that are not relevent to the time of the year we are in. Plus, some designs I was voting for just disappeared. The most recent one was the Filet Crochet. Another was the redwork animal heads (I think it was called Fantastic Animals).

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Icrea8, the sets that have been there since 2017 haven't been voted in. The best way to get them removed is to vote for them. I personally would love to see the cross set stitch voted in, but there are only a couple of us that want them. I say keep the set up. I like it now that the sets are rotated around and not just the new ones on the top. I think they should all be available for voting, because of the time and effort the digitizers and other staff have put into them. Those set that you mentioned will be relevant again. Just my opinions.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Hi, for a digitizer to get a new set available for voting: 1. The designs have to be digitized. This mean you create a design, stitch it out, fix problems, stitch it out etc until it stitches out without problems. Sometimes the embroidery machine used for the stitch outs, mess up the design (for example the thread split and as a result the design does not stitch out correctly) and then the design has to be stitched out again. I currently have severe problems with my machine and REALLY struggles to stitch out my designs. And this has to be done for EACH design in a set. 2. Once all the designs are OK, they have to be stitched out again on fabric that can be photographed. 3. The photos have to be sized. 4. The set can finally be uploaded for approval. 5. Designbysick check the designs one by one to make sure they meet their standards. 6. If not, it is send back to the digitizer to fix the problems. 7. Once the set is approved, it can go to voting. So you see, it is a lot of work for us digitizers and for Designbysick (Rob) to supply a set that can be voted for. We would love to give you a lot of sets to vote for, but we have to CREATE them first.

Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Quote Originally Posted by annelies5 View Post
      Hi, for a digitizer to get a new set available for voting: 1. The designs have to be digitized. This mean you create a design, stitch it out, fix problems, stitch it out etc until it stitches out without problems. Sometimes the embroidery machine used for the stitch outs, mess up the design (for example the thread split and as a result the design does not stitch out correctly) and then the design has to be stitched out again. I currently have severe problems with my machine and REALLY struggles to stitch out my designs. And this has to be done for EACH design in a set. 2. Once all the designs are OK, they have to be stitched out again on fabric that can be photographed. 3. The photos have to be sized. 4. The set can finally be uploaded for approval. 5. Designbysick check the designs one by one to make sure they meet their standards. 6. If not, it is send back to the digitizer to fix the problems. 7. Once the set is approved, it can go to voting. So you see, it is a lot of work for us digitizers and for Designbysick (Rob) to supply a set that can be voted for. We would love to give you a lot of sets to vote for, but we have to CREATE them first.
      I agree with all that you have said about digitizing a set, especially a set that will be put up for sale...Alas, if all of this were actually true for all of the digitizers that post designs!!! Unfortunately, not always the case...too many have purchased digitizing software and they believe that that "makes" them a digitizer. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if a design has been pathed and digitized "properly" unless you spend the money to purchase it...too many times, that is too late.

Thread Information