• Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Daily Check in 2018

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Default Daily Check in 2018

Thought I'd better start a new thread for this year as we are 5 days in. Happy New Year everyone, hope it will be a great one for you all.

We had a very enjoyable Christmas. We took the camper trailer & drove south, stopping the first night in Dubbo, then 3 nights in Griffith to visit relatives. It was great to see them all & goo at the newest members. Then on to Seymour & a visit to the Vietnam war memorial before another nights sleep then onto Melbourne to board the ferry to Tasmania. We had Christmas in Hobart with Henk's brother, kids & grandkids. Our kids few down & joined us, so it was a wonderful Christmas. The trip back was also enjoyable with only 2 nights on the road. The internet is hard to come by in many parts of the country so I've not been here for a while. Our navigator had problems connecting with a satellite in most places, so we were a little lost at times as the roads had changed since our maps were printed.

I think I mentioned in a previous post that I made some reindeer at pottery.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180104_175449.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	43150here they are, Rudolph & his mum & dadClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20171211_102129.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	43151also placemats Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171211_101832.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	43152and bottle aprons that sold very well in December.

Hooray, all is back to normal & I can finally upload photos.

We hear on the news that the US & Canada are being hit with wild weather, stay safe during this time, we are battling bush fires & 40C + temperatures. It seems there is no happy medium at present.

The best person I can be, thru both happiness and grief
      is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

Good to see your pretty projects. I have not made anything for a long time.

The kitchen repair was finished just before Christmas and I enjoyed making Christmas dinner in my nice space. Much from the kitchen was stored in my sewing room and now I am working to get the room set up again. While the house was torn up a rat got into the room and I am dealing with the mess it made. At least when I am done I will have a well organized and clean room and can get caught up on all the Christmas present sewing. My kids had all asked for towels with embroidery and that will be my first effort. Grand daughters all wanted zipper bags and will get going on those as well.

Glad you had a good trip. Thankfully family came to us this year as I have no desire to travel at this point. Just too much that needs done at home.

We are freezing in an area that seldom has frost and I fear I have lost many of my plants. I won't know how many until it warms up as many look OK now but will wilt when they come back to normal temperature. Had to give in and turn on central heat and it has caused my asthma to flare so I'm ready to warm up .

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Glad you were able to enjoy your new kitchen for Christmas Turtleowl. You won't know yourself when you have your sewing room all organized. I have withdrawal symptoms after a week away from my machines, how are you managing?

I've been pouring water on my garden all day, with the hot weather everything is drying out really quickly. We are told there will be above average rainfall in the next few months, hope they are right.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180104_175608.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	43153 This is a planter I made for me, I also made 2 others for my sisters in law in Tasmania & planted them with succulents. They loved them.

is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

Packed up Christmas decor yesterday. It was an easy job, as with all the work going on I had put very little out. Sorted out 2 more drawer chests in sewing room and no rat evidence so was happy about that. I want to get back to making instead of fixing so badly to stresses me, but first things first.

Really like the succulent planter. I enjoyed pottery years ago but have never found any place here.

If it warms up a bit today will try to bring in more from the storage pod. About half my kitchen stuff is still packed away. I have plates and cooking pots but no glasses, a very few glass baking dishes and no potholders.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Did quite a bit of gardening yesterday, things are wilting in this heat even though the ground is wet. Western sydney recorded 37C yesterday, the hottest city on the planet, a record I'm sure they didn't want. Meanwhile we saw photos of Kenedy Airport with burst water mains because of broken frozen pipes.

I haven't put up Christmas decorations for about 5 years as we are always away, both children are in Queensland so we usually go up there for Christmas.

I'm making cushions with dogs on them. Photos tomorrow.

Hope it warms up a bit for you Turtle owl, it must be frustrating to have everything so close yet so out of reach.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Learning as much as I can
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

Happy belated New Year and all the best for 2018 - I am very glad 2017 is behind us -
      a month ago today 11 Dec - the day before my birthday my Husband and I were woken up at 03h30 in the morning by 4 robbers - guns - knives - crowbars - despicable scum of the earth who tied us up and ransacked my home - threatening to kill us they wanted the guns and the money - i dont like guns .... taking all my Jewellery and family heirlooms (Victorian pieces and - Money - any thing and everything they could carry -still going thu the house even our tooth brushes and toothpaste were put into my bus - we were able to untie ourselves and call for help about an hour later . We were checked out by the ER 24 Emergency and all was well - until about 15h00 in the afternoon when i felt like I had been kicked by a mule . blood pressure was 220 over 110 - yet earlier I was fine - Doctor took some bloods again - and we went home - around 7 pm my daughter received a call from the doctor - they had been trying to reach me and my husband but our phone were off - they found my daughter via facebook - She had to rush me to the ICU at the nearest hospital as my blood enzymes were at 299 . I spent the next 4 days in ICU - including my Birthday . my heart had expanded to such and extent they were worried it was tearing ..had an angio and got the all clear - while is hospital my other Doctor ran some tests on the Lymph - some tumors have reappeared and I will be going in for surgery soon and some blasts of radiation.. so all that done and dusted I need to still unpack plenty some boxes - curtains are now up in the Lounge - Main Bedroom - Office and Dining Room - the windows look lovely but now i live in a prison - outside beams - inside sensors ..I cant even feed the birds anymore as they set off the beams if we are not around . Around 80 % of robberies are committed by builders in the country . a frightening statistic .. never again have new builders and civil engineers repairing what the other builders never did

so thats the end of my little tale -

Apart from that Jack spent 2 weeks in Thailand on Holiday and learnt to speak Swedish and some Thai - and swam and swam -
      Dechlan is growing up to be a fine young man - he is 14 already

have a great day further

Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

I am SO sorry to read of this terrible attack on you and your husband, and can only imagine how devastating it must be. I hope that the perpetrators can be brought to justice, tho even that would probably not go very far to heal the trauma.
      I am glad that your doctor was on the ball to catch your tumors - it must have felt like a 'kick in the gut' but is far better that you can have some treatment than to not know about it.
      I wish you a new year of everything positive and good, and hope that all the misery of December will fade away.

is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

Lizsam - Glad you survived your ordeal. Sad a person cannot be safe in their own house. Sending soft hugs to you and know it will be a long path to feeling yourself again. Glad the kids are doing well and were not with you during your ordeal.

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

I cannot imagine what you and your hubby have been through, Lizsam! I am glad that you did not suffer major bodily harm and send hope that your psyche also will heal quickly.
      Never give up, never surrender.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Lizsam, what a terrible ordeal, my prayers are with you as you slowly recover. Others have said what I think, so I won't repeat it all. Suffice to say that I hope your lives improve substantially in the near future.

My embroidery hoop snapped yesterday as the machine was sewing along. This is the second hoop I've broken. They only seem to last for about 1000 embroideries. It was my 80 x 80 hoop so now I'm using the next size up until I can get to my dealer to buy another.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180111_205356.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	43155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180111_205942.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	43156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180111_205951.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	43157These are the fronts of the dog lovers cushions I was talking about. I just love doing applique!

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

TurtleOwl, so glad you have your kitchen back. You will bet your sewing room organized in no time. Have fun doing it.

Pennycastel, so nice to see some of your work at last. Glad you can post pics again.

On Lizsam, that is just so awful. Praying healing prayers for you. May you feel safe soon.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

Lizsam, I also am horrified by what you went thru. I am so glad that you and your husband weren't physically injured, and hope that this year is a much better one in every way. Prayers that you are able to process it and put it behind you soon.

Twinkle, Twinkle Pretty Star
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Pennykasteel...your projects look wonderful.

Turtleowl...maybe we'll both get back to sewing soon. I seem to have lost my mojo for sewing.

Lizsam...so glad that ordeal is behind you and that you and hubby are okay.

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

What have you been up to, windstar?
      Never give up, never surrender.

is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

We are coming out of a very unusual cold spell and I am sick about the number of plants I have lost. We normally only have a few light frosts and this year was below freezing for several days and 2 days woke up to snow on ground which I have not seen in over 20 years living here.

I am still working on my sewing room and trying to decide what I can fit in and trying to find space outside the room to store extras. Just before our kitchen plumbing disaster I was given a friends sewing room content as she can no longer use it due to health and much is very nice and I will use if I can get organized.

I have finally gotten to the end of unpacking kitchen but still trying to fit everything into drawers and cabinets. We rearranged the floor plan and gained counter space but modern cabinets are not as deep as our old ones, plus most of the lowers are now drawers. Once I am done it will be very convenient but a bit of a puzzle at the moment.

I hope everyone is doing well as all is so quiet and I miss reading the posts. Now off to get busy with my messy house once again!

Youngest daughter wants to take a machine to her new house to make towels for her bathrooms so will be helping her with that soon. I will get the towels for grand daughters done at the same time. They all want monograms and mermaids.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

The days have just flown, I've been sewing full pelt, making a mermaid quilt for my soon to be step granddaughter who turns 6 in 2 weeks time. I've used the DBS appliqued mermaids & they have turned out very nicely. I will post a picture of the finished quilt, all the embroidery is now done & I just have to work out the tramming & borders. I'll post a pic of the final result. While the embroidery machine has been beavering away, I've been on the other machine appliqueing kitchen hand towels.

Glad to see some of you are back posting, still wondering how some of you are managing with the cold up there, I'm sorry to hear your plants have not survived the snow turtleowl. We have had temperature records broken but had a cooler few days last week, (It gets bad when you call 37C a cool change, )but we are back up over 40 now. I've lost a lot of plants due to the heat, mostly vegetables.

I'm glad someone else gets the contents of friends sewing rooms, turtle owl, I've been given quite a few & my house is bursting at the seams with fabric, but I am using it.

Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Windstar has been partly lazy and hasn't sewn anything in the last 6 or so months. I've been needing to clean/reorganize my sewing room and whatever I learned using my new machine I have forgotten. I'm trying to get back in the saddle but it's slow going. I plan to get some projects done this week. The last thing I did was some beer mug coasters from Kreative Kiwi and the coffee and tea cups from there to.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

I haven't done much sewing since the first of the year but cut out some blocks for an exchange in a group I belong to and started sewing them. I only have to make two blocks so it shouldn't take me too long but I'd rather be finishing one of my own projects.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Glad you are about to startsewing again Windstar & Nonnadonna. I've started cutting the fabric for the tramming so progress is being made. I went for a walk this afternoon & got hung by the tongue with a friend I hadn't seen since before Christmas, so didn't achieve as much as I would have like to.

Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Pennykasteel...I love the way you put that...'hung by the tongue'. How does everyone stay so well motivated to sew as you get older/younger? I would desperately love to put a dent in my stash.

Thread Information