• Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Check in 2018

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

I also am intrigued with the phrase "hung by the tongue". It fits my one neighbor to a T!

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

After I turned off the computer, I wonder if I'd let Aussie colloquialisms go too far. Over the years I've raised a few eyebrows at markets in Sydney. Glad you all understood what I meant. I've been sewing today, still working in Hannah's mermaid quilt. The tramming is all laid out on the floor waiting to be sewn together. Hopefully the cats will leave it alone, they are in disgrace today for all sorts of reasons.

Twinkle, Twinkle Pretty Star
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Morning All...Aussie colloquialism going too far..Nah. It's always refreshing to learn of other cultures, ways and sayings. It was my first smile of the morning. I'm trying to channel your dedication to getting things done/sewn.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Went to patchwork today and finished the quilt top, now to sandwich & quilt it in the next 6 days! Patchwork wasn't all sewing though, there were 8 ladies from New Zealand who were in Tamworth for the Country Music Festival which goes for 10 days in all.There are buskers along the streets in the centre of town and all the clubs, pubs, & halls have concerts & line dancing going on. It is a pretty full on noisy week. About 50,000 more people help swell the population of the town, many camping or in caravans on every sporting oval & many parks. It is a great economic boost for the town. Many of the visitors are grey nomads who have attended the Elvis festival in Parkes (450km down the road from here)and are off to some other festival in the near future.

Twinkle, Twinkle Pretty Star
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Afternoon All...pennykasteel that sounds like a lot of fun going on. Been working on reorganizing my sewing room and doing some non crafty related sewing. Hope everyone else is being crafty.

The best person I can be, thru both happiness and grief
      is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

Just home from helping my daughter put a futon together. She is close to being unpacked and settled in her new house. I also bought boards to install 2 shelves on the wall in sewing room. I will use them for all my embroidery and music CDs.

Yesterday had to take my brother for medical tests - all good, thankfully. Also got a pile of mending done and out of the way in sewing room. Getting the room clean and organized is progressing very slowly but making some headway.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

My question for myself is always whether I should organize my sewing room or sew something. The sewing usually wins out since any time I try to get organized I can't find anything.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Finished off a few little things today, did the ironing, tidied a bit more of the sewing room, made possible by the amount of fabric I've used in the last week. It seems everyone is having a new year organize! Always sew nonnadonna, then there is less in the sewing room to organize.

It is finally raining and a lot cooler. All those poor country music fans got very wet at the Australia Day concert in the park. I can still hear it going on, so nothing was interrupted. The stage is fully under cover so the noise equipment is safe.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Tired

You all seem so busy!
      lizsam, what an awful thing! My thoughts go out to you.
      I somehow got logged out of the site and have finally been able to get back on! Nothing much going on in my corner of the world. I'm on round two of the flu bugs going around. I managed to get some of the diaper liners cut for daughter's little one - my first granddaughter! A second child choosing to go with cloth diapers. If all goes well tomorrow,I will be ready for the tax season! A new site and multiple new volunteers.
      I hope you all have a great week!

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Everyone must be busy sewing! I'm between projects right now as I'm trying to get some paperwork done for taxes. I hope everyone is healthy and has avoided getting the flu.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Life has been a little hectic nonnadonna, last weekend we went to Queensland to our son's girlfriends little daughter's 6th birthday. I made a mermaid quilt as a present & also had some mermaid jewelry that a friend makes there as well. She loved them both.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180204_140050.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	43164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180204_140235.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	43165The cake was pink, her favourite colourClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180204_133016.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	43162& she didn't let Bernard out of her sight, she just adores him.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180204_133244.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	43163 The party was held at a local swimming pool where a tropical hut was booked for the event. the girlfriend is Thai so she made a hot Thai green curry & there were sausages barbequed & salads, all in all a wonderful day. We will be meeting her parents in August, it sounds as if this might be our daughter in law soon.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Then when we got home on Tuesday I had 3 days to make a quilt for the market this weekend. The lady wanted a baby quilt with australian animals.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180210_183033.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	43166 You probably recognize the designs, the DBS aussie baby blocks.

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Are the mermaids from DBS also. Cute quilts. Love them both.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

My son's birthday was yesterday. His bible was so ratty looking, so I made him a bible cover out of faux leather and using the built in font on my machine.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bible cover.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	43167  
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

I like all the pictures Penny and Shastasmom. Great projects all!

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

The mermaids are DBS, shastasmom, love your bible cover, it looks very professional.

I've had a busy weekend in Sydney, yesterday I visited a friend I hadn't seen for quite a long time & we talked flat out for several hours. Today I did a market. It was a rather windy day which was lucky as it made the temperature feel a little more pleasant than it really was. This was my first day back at the market this year & it was great to see everyone. Tomorrow I have to do some shopping & drive home.
      Last edited by pennykasteel; February 15th, 2018 at 01:59 AM.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Life is a little bit hectic at the moment. I've been sewing as much as I can & trying to keep the garden from dying in the hot dry winds that we are getting. Today I went to patchwork & we all had things to show, conversations to have and lots to sew. We are planning a Quilt Show at the beginning of May as well as trying to come up with a programme of challenges to keep us thinking creatively.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

I've been working on a paper-pieced quilt that I started as a Block-of-the-Month in 2003. I had 12 blocks done but hadn't put them together. I got them put together at my Fall Retreat but decided that I needed to make 3 more to make it a twin-size quilt. So that is what I am working at now. It has bright batiks with a black print background so is quite striking. I'll be happy when I get it finished.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Your quilt sounds lovely nonnadonna. I look forward to seeing the photos.

Today was a lot more pleasant, only 37C & tomorrow will be 36C if the forecast is correct. I did quilt a bit of sewing today, my group makes preemie wraps for the local hospital, so I made a few of those out of left over baby fabric. And I've decided to do another mermaid quilt as I have another set of applique mermaids & I wanted to use up the last of the blue fabric I used in the first quilt.

I was thinking ,we haven't heart from quite a lot of our friends, hope they are all OK.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

I've wondered about some of the regulars also, Penny. There are several we haven't heard from for a while. I'm hoping they are just busy getting lots of sewing and embroidery done.

Thread Information