• Wtf
  • Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Check in 2018

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Not much happening today, patchwork was quite busy & I gave a lesson in applique. As I was taking my sewing machine, I drove rather than walked, picking my way over rough uneven ground. There is roadwork closing the shortest route to the craft centre meaning it was a 1km drive instead of a 300 m walk. We are hoping it will be finished on time, 1 week before our biennial quilt show.

I have to admit, Phillipa, Barnaby has got a lot of government money flowing into our area. We often missed out, I suspect, because we were such a safe seat.

what is the guest room album?

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Pennykasteel, https://www.designsbysick.com/forums...php/5834-Sonia cursor down to albums and you'll see all of Sonia's albums. click on "Guest Room".
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thank you shastasmom, I'm still not sure how I find it without clicking on your link.

Your furniture & rugs are beautiful Sonia.

I am:
      Happy

To go to someone's album, click on their name, then cursor down. If they have albums, then all you need to do is click on the name of the album to see the individual pics.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

My colorful clicks have been done for the day.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thank you shastasmom, These things evade me unless someone explains it in monosylables.

I looked at 1 page of your album Phillipa & drooled over your lovely creations.

It has rained all day today, my garden is now smiling. It was a great excuse to just sit & sew. I seem to have a lot of wips at the moment but they will all be finished soon.

I am:
      Happy

Pennykasteel, you are very welcome. Tell me, what are "WIPS"? Are they what we would call "UFO's"

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

WIPS are Works In Progress. I have lots of those. But I'm working on them one by one and got several finished last year. I hope to do the same this year.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

WIPs sounds so much better than UFOs, and I try not to admit they are one & the same thing. It' all psycological, as my father used to say, the more psyco, the less logical, I tend to work harder at getting WIPs finished. Today was CWA & I gave a talk about the Polish National Anthem. The history of Poland is fascinating & led directly to the wording of their anthem.

I finished 6 Wips when I got home, & am working on a seventh.

Our news is full of the blizzards in Europe. It appears that while we have had the hottest summer on record down under, you up there have had record cold. Keep warm & safe everyone.

I am:
      Happy

Thank you nonnadonna for the definition of WIPs. I agree, they do sound so much better. I completed a WIP, a baby quilt and made a bib for my son's nephew's daughter that was born a couple of weeks ago. I only have a few left to complete and then I won't have any, except ideas in my head.
      Last edited by Shastasmom; February 28th, 2018 at 09:53 AM.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Maybe I can find someone to help me finish some of my WIPS......................................

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

We left the pleasant weather behind & today & had another hot one. I went to pottery today & started to decorate another planter. while I was at it, I managed to break its saucer so have to make another. I came home & finished another set of mermaids for another uilt (sorry the letter between p & r is now not working on my computer), this time to sell. I'm now working on some sewing machine & overlocker covers.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Patchwork today, lots of talking & laughing & a little sewing, started to put the top of the mermaid uilt together. This is a little bag one of the girls showed us how to make, the one I was meant to make the patchwork sides for.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180301_142044.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	43183
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180301_142044[1].jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	43182  

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

I spent time on my Stained Glass Quilt again today and would have the top finished if I hadn't managed to do almost as much "frogging" as I did sewing. I hadn't made my usual chart to aid me in adding some length to the quilt so I had to rrrrrrrip it out several times as I was planning as I went. I had to rework the borders several times. Since I started the quilt 10 years ago I can't get any more of the border fabric so can't make too many mistakes. So far I'm still okay.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

We call that unsewing at our patchwork group nonnadonna. hope you don't have to do too much more of it.

Yesterday we drove to Lismore to see an old friend of mine from my teaching days. We stayed over night & of course talked & talked even though we had seen each other only a month ago. When we awoke the non-stop chatter continued until we really had to leave. We had to be here on the gold coast (which is only a 2 hour drive from Lismore) for a nephew's engagement party. We really do get around don't we?

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

I got my quilt top finished and had just enough fabric to get the borders done with a little left over that I will use on a multi-colored binding. The quilt will be for our Granddaughter, either for her 16th birthday in 2019 or her HS graduation in 2021. I'll try to post a picture in a day or two when I'm not tired like I am tonight.

You do get around Penny! It's great that you can. Phil and I had planned to travel after he retired, but he decided that he would rather just stay at home so that is what we do. It's not all bad as I get more done if I'm home.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

The engagement party was wonderful, we booked into a hotel 15 minutes from the party venue at the home of the girl's mother. It was in the garden of the apartment block where she lives, overlooking the water at Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, a lovely venue. Today we drove home through driving rain, might sound horrendous,but we are so desperate for rain that I smiled all the way home. The garden looks a lot happier.

We heard on the news tonight that the north east of America has been hit but terrible storms, hope none of you are affected.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

We've had some rain here in the Midwest today, but nothing severe like they are getting in the NE. None of the Embroiderers I know live where the weather is so bad altho I do have a brother who lives in New Hampshire.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

At last, a reasonable day so far, we have had the Beast from the East and Storm Emma from the West, things are returning to normal, originally we had very little snow, but then it hit us over night, we were coping with the ice and luckily for us we did not have frozen pipes, some of our neighbours did and water pipes burst causing damage inside the houses. To make things worse, no plumbers could up here because of the snow and ice. We had to use supplementary heating to keep the house warm for the last week. we turned the central heating off last night, just leaving it on auto instead of continuous.

Life goes on.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

We saw some horrible scenes of the Beast from the East, looked really cold with everything under snow & ice. Glad you are surviving Phillipa.

We have finally had a bit of rain, of course the heavy rain missed us. As we were driving into Tamworth last night a storm dumped very heavy rain on us, so heavy that we had to slow down to a crawl as visibility was very poor & there was so much water on the road the car had trouble gripping the road. When we got home there was no rain here & we had had very little.

More Barnaby saga - he says the baby may not be his as he was over seas when it was conceived!!! Curiouser & curiouser, to quote a mathematician. Having made that announcement, he doesn't want to talk any more about baby's parentage.

Thread Information