• Wtf
  • Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Daily Check in 2018

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Barnaby has been playing around with a lady who is good sport perhaps? It is getting better. goes to prove the point, if you are going into politics, you have to walk the straight and narrow path or be prepared for the media to dig the dirt.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Phillipa, glad to hear that you survived the Beast from the East and Storm Emma from the West. I had heard about the Beast from the East, but not Storm Emma.
      Pennykasteel, too bad you didn't get a little rain to help your garden out,
      Nonnadonna, a little rain is nice, as long as it doesn't freeze on the trees.

Here in Reno Nevada area, we were treated to about a total of 10 inches of snow over the last week, but not all at once. My vehicles are 4 wheel drive, so I can get around fairly easy, just have to take it slow as the 4wheel drive only let you go, but doesn't help in stopping. I do have a good neighbor who plowed our street a couple of times, so make it easier to go some where, once out of my drive-way. I haven't been doing any embroidery, but hope to get back to it this week.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180305_125058.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	43186It is 6C here today, wet....grey and just plain nasty. i prefer the snow to this blerk. Everything outside is turning green, no not grass, literally the paving slabs, the path, the outside window sills, green with lack of sunshine. When the weather does improve i am going to be outside scrubbing the algae away. It's horrible living like this. Guess i have to do some emboidery and sewing. I have been putting this together, now have to make more blocks Thirty seven more to be exact. using up the offcut stash.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

It's hot & dry again down under, perhaps you need a change of scenery Phillipa. Love the crazy patch quilt. I made the top of an Easter table runner & did 6 Easter bunny embroideries for placemats.

I am:
      Happy

Phillipa, love your quilt. It is so colorful.

We are dry now and the snow is melting, but they are predicting more snow by the end of the week. Went out yesterday with a friend to different thrift shops and came home with a beautiful bowl and a purse kit.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

Gorgeous quilt Phillipa! I love Crazy Quilts and this one is especially lovely.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Heard on our news tonight that the east coast of America has been hit with snow storms again, I guess that is you shastasmom, stay safe.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Up and down day yesterday, guess it has to do with the weather, but hey the days are getting longer so definitely an upside and a bit warmer into the bargain. I am hoping we might be in for a warmer Summer this year, Oh, i have washing on the line today, it is blowing in the wind, sun is out, still cold. Just nice to be able to open the windows and let some fresh air into the house.

Thank you for nice comments about the crazy quilt. i took a break from crazy blocks and made Easter rabbits for change; that job done back to crazy...

i am waiting for the Philip Jacobs Spring Collection of fabric to be released. Big bold florals and very vibrant colours.

I am:
      Happy

PennyKasteel, I'm on the west coast, so to speak. Actually in the Reno, Nevada area and we don't get storms like the east coast gets. Our storms come in from the west, stay a day or two, then we have a day or two of good weather before it storms again. Hoping to get some embroidery completed today. I need to make a bunch of angels for some of the folks at church.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Glad you are not in the line of the storms we heard about Shastasmom, there has been some pretty wild weather this year. We are still waiting for some useful rain, what has fallen didn't even settle the dust.

I went to Sydney this weekend & had an enjoyable weekend with my cousin & his family. The market was pretty good too, the baby Aussie animals sold very quickly. It is really heartening when someone enthuses over something then buys it.

I am:
      Happy

Last week, I made a brass bird feeder. I had a 2' tall brass candlestick that I haven't used in ages, so purchased a brass plate from a thrift shop and clued the two together. But unfortunately, I can't get my pic to load.

I also had to put my 13yr old German Shepherd to sleep approximately 3 weeks ago. Missed not having a dog, so adopted a 2yr old German Shepherd from Nevada Humane Society on Saturday. I am having so much fun with him. Found out yesterday that he has separation anxiety when I left him alone for about 2 1/2 hours to go to church. He turned on the cold water in the kitchen sick and did a little other minor damage. Unfortunately, he will be need to be crated when I go out again. I'm already in love with him.

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

Looking forward to seeing a pic of your new bird feeder, Shastasmom. Your new furry friend is soooo happy to have found you.
      Never give up, never surrender.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

I'm glad you were able to find a dog that needed a home as much as you needed a dog, Shastasmom! It sounds like you got the perfect one for you.

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

We were able to whale watch from our hotel balcony on the Oregon coast! Not real close but still an awesome experience.
      Never give up, never surrender.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

You have a very lucky dog shastasmom, so many dogs do not get a forever home.

I've been rather busy for the last 3 days, sewing some Easter placemats. I'll take a photo & post it. Also made quilte a few other things ready for the market this Sunday in Tamworth. In between times I run around moving hoses, it is so hot & dry here everything in the garden is wilting.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Went to patchwork today &, of course, talked more than I sewed, but still got quite a lot done. it's always a very enjoyable day.
      Here are the photos of the Easter placemats.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180317_175519[1].jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	43190 Hope they sell at the markets tomorrow.

A Lady of Good Heart
      is having a great time picking
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

Quote Originally Posted by pennykasteel View Post
      Your furniture & rugs are beautiful Sonia.
      Thanks, Penny. I am making blankets at the moment, be it knitting, crocheting or quilting, but should make a rug for the baby room, as well. Your Easter placemat is lovely.

I found some fabric in the boiler room (been missing for a few years, some of it over 20 years old) and made another quilt. As if I don't have enough fabric in the house, I went on a shopping spree with a friend last week. I like having the fabric, I just don't like washing and preparing it for quilting. I am not planning on making any more furniture for a while - the junior bed can wait for a few years.

Phillipa, your crazy quilt is beautiful!

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Phillipa I love the quilt!

I managed to finish all the baby stuff and take it to daughter last week, forgot to take photos. Oh well, I am going back this Thursday for several days to help get baby's room ready. It was their "family room" so need to get things moved to a different room.
      I am so tired of snow! We get dumped on and then a heat wave (mid 30's F.) comes and melts a little and then more snow. I messed up the car by driving through the mess the snow plow left at the end of the driveway a few weeks ago.
      The tax season is moving along, 4 weeks left. I am now working in a small town and the people I have worked with there are not appreciative of the volunteers. One more year and I think someone else can take over. I refuse to dive an hour, volunteer my day and be treated like trash.
      I started containers of seeds a couple weeks ago, squash and cucumbers. Most will go to my daughter in law. I am also taking cutting from my ivy's to root. I always make a decent amount from selling my plants, so planning ahead to have something to mix in with the plants I thin out of my gardens.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Glad your plants are worthwhile selling, hope you manage to grow heaps. Your weather sounds as horrible as ours, today was 39 C, luckily humidity is very low, though the house plants are dying. We just keep breaking records for hottest days in months.

I am:
      Happy

I had to take back the GSD that I rescued as he had separation anxiety and was just too destructive when I was gone. I crated him and he escaped out of the crate. Then I didn't crate hima and he destroyed my couch and got a cupboard door open and got out the kitchen garbage. Since the couch was a sectional, I had my son take out the wrecked section and put it out for the garbage men. So again, I crated him and hoped for the best. Well he destroyed so much more of the couch and tore down my drapes, knocked the crock pot off of the kitchen counter. It was really just more than I could cope with, so I took him back to the Nevada Humane Society. I had to go out and purchase a new couch. Plus he was terrified of my adult son. I do think he as abused by his prior owner. I can train a dog for almost everything, but have no idea how to train the separation anxiety out of them. I will be looking for another dog as I do miss not having one around, but will take my time.

Thread Information