• Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Daily Check in 2018

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

I'm sorry your rescue dog didn't work out, Shastasmom. There are some people who should never have pets because they don't know how to take care of them or treat them terribly. With a son and a DIL who are both Veterinarians we've seen such when we'v e visited them and heard other stories from them. It is really sad. I'm glad you'll be getting another dog to love.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

I a,sorry I have been so quiet, have a very good reason. I have been debating about letting you know but decided I had better explain. What has been done, is done and it can not be undone.

Penny you might have read in the Courier Mail if you receive it and perhaps on the TV news but maybe not as it is Queensland, a young man was stabbed in the neck at his home on Wednesday night, he was killed instantly. his assailant was a 17 year old girl who was fighting with her boyfriend and Robbie stepped in try to calm the situation and was killed. the girl ran away from the scene. Robbie was hosting a farewell barbeque at his home. he lived in a very quiet area of Cairns, nothing ever happens the police very rarely need to go there, so this was something very unusual. the police charged the girl with murder, as she 17 she will be tried in Court as minor. needless to say our family devastated, to lose a great nephew this way is shocking.

My sister, his grandmother, and his mother my niece or really up against it at the moment. my sister also had a daughter killed many years ago, so history is repeating itself. My niece, could not cope with her sisters death and really went off the rails and has never recovered to this day. back then there was not the counselling that happens today. So Christine's life has been on disaster after another and now her youngest child is killed in this manner.

Robbie Coye was a quiet young man. a hard worker, determined to make a good life for himself and away from usual boisterousness that goes in with the youth up in Cairns. he loved fun. one of the photos shown on TV was of Robbie with the weirdest hairdo, he was dared to sport for nearly a month, thank goodness they balanced that with some more reasonable photographs, but journalists do what they do with a story. Christine is coping her usual way, drugs and alcohol, Kelly was killed two days before Christine's birthday, Robbie was killed two days after one of his brother's birthday.

We made the decision not to tell Dad about Robbie's death, Dad has just turned 98 and I am sure he can't remember all his great grandchildren, so sometimes it is better to let things lie.

It the helplessness we are all experiencing, processing this is another matter. Two families are shattered, ours and the girl's. We will know eventually the outcome of the trial, but will not be allowed to attend as she is a minor, this will also save press intrusion. Doesn't want to stop you from screaming Why? I am sure the witnesses and the girl's boyfriend are also traumatised, so many lives have been affected by an instant of hot temper.

Sylvia my sister is asking for compassion for all concerned. As you all l know we have our own belief system. I can't feel hatred for the girl, actually i can't feel anything, apart from the shock of it all, I know eventually I will start to feel something else, but I am trying to put my energy into what my sister asks for.

I have lost myself into finishing the quilt. It needs to backed and bound.

Just hold those you love close and tell your friends how much you care for them. Cherish each day we are given.

Softest hugs to all my lovely embroidery friends.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

A Lady of Good Heart
      is having a great time picking
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

Phillipa, a very soft hug coming your way and to your family. I don't know what else to say, my friend.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Thank you Sonia. I understand it hard to say anything.

I hope you and MC are still taking it a day at a time and have time to smell the roses.

Soft hugs
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

A Lady of Good Heart
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

Zyra, my granddaughter, had given me a new lease on life. I am actually looking forward to each day now, which was not the case for a very long time. I am looking at making a few quilts at the moment, but I have to unpack all my stash and a few boxes with scraps, before I can decide what I want to do.

MC's age in catching up with her, but she is still knitting every day, so little Zyra gets a new outfit every week.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

It's amazing what a new baby will do for you. I am glad you are going to unpack your stash and get making quilts.

MC is fantastic, keeping on knitting, Zyra is a lucky little girl.

Shastasmom, maybe a little dog might be better this time around, so sad that GSD had the anxiety and fear. it not the dog but the human who trains or does not train them and the animal suffers,

It sounds like everyone has been having the same ups and downs as the rest of us, life carries on and we get on with it,

Soft hugs

A Lady of Good Heart
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

I hope to finish crocheting a blanket later today. Then I can look at quilt designs and fabric. I know I should get rid of my scraps first, but I also know that I am going to create more scraps by cutting larger pieces of fabric. I don't have enough batting, nor backing. I also think I should make 3/4 bed quilts, rather than single bed.

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Sonia, my condolences to your family on the loss of your great nephew. Such senseless waste for all. Glad to hear that MC is still knitting away. Lucky little Zoya to have both you and her great grandmother showering her with treasures.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

I have such a difficult time understanding with why so many young people appear to have no value for life. With heavy heart, I send condolences to you and each member of both families suffering from terrible this tragedy.
      Never give up, never surrender.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

la_cole, I have passed on your condolences to Sylvia and Christine. Thank you so much

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

How terrible that your family has had to go thru such a tragedy Phillipa. I also wonder about how teens view life and death - one of our local schools with about 700+ High School students has had 5 suicides since the beginning of the school year in August. That certainly isn't in the same class as what happened to your great-nephew, but is sad all the same. It makes me feel very blessed with my family.

Soft hugs and sympathy for you and your family.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

I often wonder what will happen with this generation of children. They seem to have no boundaries and think bullying is acceptable, it is like the law of the jungle the so called strongest pick on the weakest. perhaps the following generation will say enough is enough and lets practise tough love and set some boundaries for the children.

I know I am going to get into trouble with this, but those bleeding heart social workers who said that children should not have boundaries, parents cannot discipline children because it is cruel, and would breed a violence, well it looks like they have proved wrong with that hypothesis and are now reaping what has been sown.

How can children have such despair. No matter how tough it got when I was younger, I never contemplated taking my own life.

Maybe National Service should be reintroduced to instill some values into those teenagers that have none and help reinforce the values of the young people who have them.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Learning as much as I can
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

Well hello everyone - Radiation Therapy has started - I am on day 2 - and its going well
      I have a special mask that I get bolted into its very uncomfortable for now but getting used to it -
      i try and sleep for the 10 mins or so - and before I go in I try and crochet - have made a few squares -
      i get a bit tired and have a sleep around 11h00 then I feel human again -
      will let you all now how its going as time goes by ..trying not to think about the side effects
      Jack is doing well in the (getting off the Nappies) he has tonsillitis at the moment so tummy is not good
      He has a new friend her name is Thula - she is a Red Labrador 9 weeks old and they are becoming great mates
      apart from that still have to unpack boxes and sort out fabric etc etc so bye for now

Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Glad you are getting the treatment you need Lizsam - it is bound to wear you out, but is so worth putting up with the discomfort (and even the side effects if any should happen) to know that you are giving your body some help so that it can carry you through to a ripe old age. Things will get better before too long. Take your time with the unpacking and sorting and be kind to yourself

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Liz, I'm also glad you are getting the treatment you need. Don't worry about being tired and give your body the rest it needs right now. Other things will wait.

I can imagine Jack is loving a puppy - not many of any age can ignore them.

I'll be thinking about you and praying for you.

I am:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by LIZSAM View Post
      Well hello everyone - Radiation Therapy has started - I am on day 2 - and its going well
      I have a special mask that I get bolted into its very uncomfortable for now but getting used to it -
      i try and sleep for the 10 mins or so - and before I go in I try and crochet - have made a few squares -
      i get a bit tired and have a sleep around 11h00 then I feel human again -
      will let you all now how its going as time goes by ..trying not to think about the side effects
      Jack is doing well in the (getting off the Nappies) he has tonsillitis at the moment so tummy is not good
      He has a new friend her name is Thula - she is a Red Labrador 9 weeks old and they are becoming great mates
      apart from that still have to unpack boxes and sort out fabric etc etc so bye for now
      Liz, so glad that you are getting the treatment you need so that you can watch your grandchildren grow up. Rest when you can, as rest and sleep are healing. Praying for you. I'm sure Jack and Thula will remain besties for many years. Don't worry about the unpacking, that can wait and others can help you. Prayers for you.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

I hope everyone is just busy. I have been sewing some strip quilts with scraps, nothing that takes much thought but thins out some of my fabric stacks.

I am:
      Happy

I have adopted a small dalmatian female mix, approximately 2 yrs old from the SPCA. Unfortunately they didn't tell me that she was sick (had kennel cough) which turned into pneumonia. She had to go to the Vet ER hospital for almost 2 days, after only having her for 6 days. But on the bright side, she fits my needs and wants.

I have a heart condition that was inherited (can't remember the name), that has just recently started giving me problems. It doesn't pump hard enough to keep the excess fluid from building up in my body. I have fluid build up around my lungs. The doctors have put me on diuretic medication to remove the excess fluid and on oxygen. I'm not sure if I will need to stay on the oxygen for the rest of my life or not, we shall see.

But I have been so tired that I haven't felt like doing anything, except sitting and sleeping, so I haven't done any embroidery or sewing for a while. Now with the new medicine and oxygen I will feel more like doing things that I love.

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

Sending you a healing prayer, Shastasmom, for both you and your furry friend.
      Never give up, never surrender.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Add my prayers also Shastasmom. I understand your tiredness and am glad that the meds and oxygen are making a difference. I hope your new fur ball will soon be well and home to give you the unconditional love that animals give to their favorite humans. Take care of yourself and don't overdo with your new energy.

Thread Information