• Wtf
  • Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Daily Check in 2018

A Lady of Good Heart
      is having a great time picking
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

My sympathies, Shastasmom. I know what it feels like to drown in your own body fluids and the constant tiredness wears one down. I am so glad the medication and oxygen is making a difference for you.

Liz, the radiation treatment may be uncomfortable, but it forces you to take life a bit easier for a while, which can only be good for you right now - you need it. You are in our prayers.

I haven't done a lot of embroidery, except for 4 wheat bags. I also tried to embroider my middle finger nail and it didn't come out very well. The needle went through my nail 3 times before I managed to stop the machine. Remarkably the needle didn't break!

I digitized a set of 43 quilting designs, which I want to use for quilts in the guest room. I am not sure which ones I will use in the end, because I cannot figure out how to do a layout of the designs. I also finished a cardigan yesterday.

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

I've been absent for a month for a number of reasons, family gatherings in Sydney, Gold Coast, Sydney, Brisbane then off on holidays with only a night at home in between each activity.
      We are now in Borneo & have been here for over a week and before that in Brunei & this is the first time I've bee able to get onto the chit chat area. Brunei is a very muslem country & most sites seemed to be blocked, don't ask me why. We've visited 2 national parks in Sarawak, one of the Malaysian states in Borneo & today flew into Koto Kinabalu in Sabah, the other Malaysian state in Borneo.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170096.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	43207One of the stranger signs in buildings in Brunei.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170124.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	43208City hall for south Kuchin. Because 40% of the population of Kuching is Chinese, Chinese inspired architecture is common in the city.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170127.jpg 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	43209Kuchin means cat so there are a lot of statues of cats throughout the city as well as many well loved cats.

I'm sad to read of everyone 's tribulations. Yes Phillipa, I did hear of the stabbing on the news, what a nightmare for your family, my prayers are with you & yours.

Lovely news about your granddaughter Sonia, hope you keep enjoying her life. Babies are a wonderful gift.

Liz hope your radiation therapy goes well & does its job, you will be in my prayers.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

What a month, well they say thing happen in threes. Found out about the third one two weeks ago. left me upset, so sad for dreams that wont come to fruition the way i thought. Glenn and Julie have separated and i was the last to find out, Glenn didn't know how to tell me, so Julie emailed me, as I had been going on about parcels not being delivered, turns out they have sold the sold and divided the assets, Julie is buying a new house and has the girls, Glenn has access visits every second weekend for the weekend, and on Thursday evenings. I just coud not stop crying. Better that it has happened now, than the girls having two parents who resent each other. from what both are saying they have just grown apart, guess getting married in your middle thirties and being set in your ways can have a deterimental effect on things. I love Julie and do not feel any nastiness to her, as there is no cause to. i am hurting also because my baby is hurting and he is missing his girls. Life will sort itself out.

I am so sorry to read all is not well with you Shatasmom. You have to slow down and one day ata time.

Liz, radiotherapy certainly does make you tired. Listen to your body and react to it.

Penny, enjoy Brunei. I was there nearly eight years ago. It had changed a lot from the first time I was there in the late 60's.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

It seems that so many of my online friends are hurting and that makes me sad. Please know that I care even tho I'll probably never meet any of you in person. I talk more to you than I do to most of the people I know in my community.Prayers and soft hugs from me to you.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Hi everyone. Sorry to hear your sad news Phillipa, the only positive is that both parents are working together to make the children's lives as good as possible, unfortunately that is the norm for so many children.

We are here in the middle of the jungle in Borneo mile by boat from the nearest town but right among the wild life. Hornbills & many other birds are here as well as orangutans, proboscis monkeys, squirrels, mouse deer ( deer standing about 9 inches tall) & colouga to name a few. They are all being very obedient & "coming out to meet us".

The internet is very hit & miss but I will try to post a few photos.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170433.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	43215 These are 2 orangutans. seems I can only upload one at the moment, the signal is failing fast. the other one that has appeared is a sun bear.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170507.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	43216  

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Ahh, the last time I saw a Mouse deer was in the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia, so cute. The lovely Sun bears so slow, but so endearing, unless of course you get in their way, to be able to see one in a tree is even better. I hate the thought that people kill these beasties.

At last Brian and I are able to start to think of our future. it has been a long dark tunnel for us personally, but now with the restraining order n place and the threat of five years in the pokey, Violet has been sorted, the violent and viscous ex wife has now had justice wreaked on her. i can't believe some one could do this out of spite. It has cost us a fortune and no chance of compensation . I must love Brian to have put up with this. i was threatening to walk out f we could not get this resolved and be left alone, so it took a private prosecution to bring it to an end. i am allowing myself to think about South west Rocks or a bit further inland around Kempsey. Our life has been on hold for so long. we will be married 8 years this June and every day of the marriage has been a problem with the ex wife or the sons, it started before we got married, when they realised Brian was serious about remarrying. Thank goodness I had my sewing and embroidery to keep me sane.

Now for the best bit, one of the sons is offering an olive branch and using his son as the bait. It is too late. i guess this son thinks their might be chance of an inheritance, not likely. What a bunch of money grubbers, No chance now that I hold the purse strings and the Wills have been rewritten.

The cherry blossoms are now on show, the trees are leafing and the grass is growing. we have had three lovely days of warm Spring weather 79, 80 and 78F and today, we have sunshine again. hopefully we might have a pleasant Spring and Summer. we need it after the oh so cold bone chilling Winter. I have never seen so much snow in this area since I came to live here 14 years ago. the cats were not impressed with it as it meant they had very cold bellies as they tried to walk through it.

I have fallen in love with Kaffee Fasset and Snow Leopard fabric. Instead of using it for quilting I am making my Summer wardrobe with it, big bold, designs and such bright colours this year I am going to be the lady in yellow, lilacs pinks and all jewel colours, sailing along like a large ship in full coloured sails...
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Glad there are a lot more positives in your life now, Phillipa. You have certainly had a pretty rough trot.

We are on the last leg of our Borneo trip, Just waiting a Snddakin airpot for our flight to Kota Kinabala where we will spend the night & a day sight seeing before we fly home. We have seen 90 different animals & birds, which is apparently quite unusual, but we had wonderful guides & drivers who went out of their way to make sure we missed nothing. We also saw 5 different pitcher plants & the very rare Rafflesia in bloom & one bud just bursting as well as 2 buds. The elephant, rhino & big cats evaded us unfortunately, but they are very rare indeed.

Hope your radiation treatment is going well lizsam.

A few more photos, a long tail macaque & her babyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170191.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	43219& a bearded pig that decided he needed the path more than the humans.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170240.jpg 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	43220As you would imagine I walked around him!

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

While penny has been enjoying Borneo i have been immersed in Scotland, watching Series Two of Outlander, have to watch series three over the next few weeks. haven't done a stitch of sewing or embroidery.

the Sun is out today so have to decide Outlander or Garden,,

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Glad you are enjoying Outlander Phillipa. I must confess that sewing always wins out over TV so it has to be something special for me to watch. I have really enjoyed the series on events that defined Rome and now a new series about Bacchus is about to start. Ancient history did not thrill me one little bit at school, but now I find it really interesting. I guess it is all in the way it is presented.

We are sitting at the airport in Kota Kinabalu waiting for our flight home. We have to change in KL, and if they delay the flight time once more it will be touch & go as to whether we actually make the connection.

Here are some more photos. we spent a lot of time in a boat traveling along the river looking for wildlife (roads do not exist deep in the jungle in Borneo). Here is a fisherman getting a large catfish out of his trap. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170549.jpg 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	43222A female proboscis monkey,only the male has the long nose.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170528.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	43223We stopped a a little village (3 houses) where they catch fresh water prawns for sale. They were on the menu at our lodge that night,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170557.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	43224 and the children, though shy at first, were fascinated with out cameras.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170559.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	43225

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Tired

So much has happened since I last posted. I have been here but not posted. The last month has been hard. Tax season almost did me in! Then I started having issue with medication changes. I am trying to get off as many drugs as I can as several I was taking interacted with each other. I really would love to feel normal again. Aside from that -
      We got a new granddaughter this week. She was born 6 1/2 weeks early. 4 lbs 5 oz and 16.7 inches long. She will be in the NICU for a few weeks. Mom worked up to the time she was admitted into the hospital. I can't help but wonder if her new doctor had pulled her off work when she was hurting so bad if baby would have waited. Mom had a condition that does not allow most women to carry a baby very long, so we are so thankful.
      I'm still watching grandson, now 14 months old. So I do not get time for doing much sewing. I have a 3 day break this week, so am working on a quilt a couple asked me to make for them.
      Spring has arrived and the grass is covered in mold. I made the mistake of raking a flower garden and now have a terrible sore throat. I think tea and honey are on my list for today.
      I hope you all are doing ok,
      Phillipa, it hurts to watch our children hurt, I am so sorry for what you have gone through
      Liz and Shastamom, I pray for proper medical treatments to get you both back to feeling better.
      Sonia, it is so good to see you on here again. I look forward to photos of your quilt.
      Penny, it is so fun to see all your travels!

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Congratulations on your new granddaughter Elen. Hope she is out of ICU soon & thriving.

Glad you are all enjoying the photos, here are a few more. This is a male orangutan swinging through the trees beside the riverClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170632.jpg 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	43226most of the orangutans we saw were in reserves or in rehabilitation centres, this one was unusual in that it had been born in the wild. There are 8 species of hornbills & we saw 5 of themClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170634.jpg 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	43227 Pitcher plants were most interesting in their diversityClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170579.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	43228& every evening we were treated to the most wonderful sunsets.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1170638.jpg 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	43229 I am now back in Sydney, I'll do 2 markets this weekend before driving home on Monday. Henk flew straight through to Tamworth today.

We booked our holiday through EXO & from what I heard from others we saw a lot more than others with other companies, Our 4 guides that they used seemed to be able to spot the most elusive wildlife, how they found some of the animals at night was amazing, & what they managed to find during the day was quite astounding, we missed very little of the wildlife that inhabited the wilderness we were in.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Thank you Turtleowl.

I am waiting for Series 3 of Outlander to arrive in the post. There are a lot of loose ends to be tied up. Definitely playing fast and loose with history but a good Romance series with a bit of history thrown in. we are also watching Britannia, again a bit of history with a lot of fiction, good watching never the less and of course Jamestown. The next series wont be released until next Monday,

Needless to say not much embroidery being done. I have tidied all my stuff, reorganised the room and if it is wet weekend, it will be Outlander and sewing.

Elen I forgot to wish your new family addition well and of course congratulations.

ANZAC Day barely raised a ripple in this corner of the world. I guess i can take comfort as St. George's Day didn't feature on the horizon of most people around here. I am convinced the POMS are the most unpatriotic lot and could not tell what are the dates they should remmber. At least the Scots, Irish and Welsh can tell you their National Day.

Have fun everyone and I hope your day is as good as it can be.

The best person I can be, thru both happiness and grief
      is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

I enjoyed the Outlander series and it brought back some good memories. I started reading the book series when we were stationed in Scotland and we were able to visit many of the places I was reading about in the books.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Granny Elen, add my congratulations for the new grandbaby you have. She's not so small that the wait for her to come home should be too long. Another little one for Grandma to love.

I've been cutting up my scraps and sewing strip quilts to use up some of them. I plan to make several quilts to take to a local hospital as the Prestige group keeps a numbers of quilts and afghans to be given to people who are cold or need some comfort while staying with a loved one. I've been cutting 4.5" and 5" squares plus 2.5 strips to be used for other quilts and the remaining strips for a couple different kinds of strip quilts. It's boring but I feel like I'm accomplishing something.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Well if you can pass through Granite, i wonder what standing on the Fey Lines will do. Out here in the Fens they still have some of the old ways, especially the older people. The number of henges over here are amazing and now they are uncovering what remains o f the sea henges.

This is by far my favourite Castle, only because of kith and kin http://www.hunterstoncastle.eu.org/ I have stayed in the Castle (only family can do this) my girlfriend's daughter got married her, She wanted to get married in castle in Scotland, so pulling a few string Pauline (the Laird) said ok. it took s three days to get the fire lit in the great hall, to warm the place, a Minister from the Church of Scotland came over and performed the ceremony. this was the first wedding to be held in the castle in over 300 years. kent and i had the castle to our selves, the rest stayed in cottages and Pauline was over in the Big House. that castle of night was spooky..of course a lot has been done to it now it has become a tourist attraction, but back then it wasb;t even a work in progress. it was habitable and functioning. i love the old kitchen. but to work in it before some the modern appliances had been installed would have been hard work.

Some of ancestors on my fathers side never had a Clan but allied them selves to the local Laird. I am sure this was because of the Battle of Cullodon, when the Clan system was done away with. History says there was Clan but according to the paper work, no clan, so the Hunters it was.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Learning as much as I can
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

morning all - have had 17 treatments to far - 10 to go but will all the holidays works out to about 3 weeks to go - all going well - I am coping with the pain in my face - Jaw and neck ..only just
      cannot taste anything - all tinny ..but that will take 3 months or so to come back -
      I am making a Radiation blanket - I have starting joining some squares together - its looking very pretty
      its was our 40th Wedding Anniversary yesterday ..had a very quiet day indeed
      as they say in Sickness and in Health...
      Wishing you all a great day
      Liz

Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Congratulations on your aniversary. I hope the next 3 weeks will sail by and then you can relax into recouperation mode. Looking forward to seeing a picture of your blanket when it's done.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Happy Anniversary Lizam. It might be a quiet one, sometimes these are the best. Your treatment you are having at the moment soon will be a memory. Soft hugs

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Penny thank you for sharing pics of your vacation with us. I know that a lot of us in the US won't be lucky enough to do all the traveling that you do. Hope you had a good week-end at your craft show.

Lizsam, so good to hear from you and congratulations on your anniversary. May you have many more.

Granny Elen, congratulations on your new grandbaby. A little girl for you to spoil with girly clothes.

Phillipa, Glad you and Brian can put the ex behind you and start building your future. So sorry to hear about your son's problems. It sounds like they are willing to work together for the best of the girls. You are close enough to visit Scotland while watching Outlanders. Enjoy every minute.

I am still on oxygen and lost 5.5lbs (2.5kg) of water. My grandson gave me a head cold, so lots of fun trying to breath with a stuffed up nose. I haven't done any embroidery, but I have been making plate flowers. I frequent the thrift shops looking for unusual plates and put them together. I have done 4 so far.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Lizam, I hope these last three weeks pass by quickly for you so you can rest and refresh.

Shastasmom I'm interested in how you make flowers out of plates. It sounds intriguing.

I keep stitching strips together, but the pile doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. I think they regenerate or clone or reproduce overnight! I hate throwing scraps away but find that I'm throwing away ones that are larger than before.

Thread Information