• Wtf
  • Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Daily Check in 2018

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

It's sunny, after a week of rain and murk and COLD. I have spent an hour out in the garden pulling weeds and doing a tidy up. A lot more to do, but this cannot be rushed.

Brian is at work for the rest of the week, gets him out seeing other people and leaves me to crack on things without being followed around and asked what is it, what are you doing? The house is quiet too.

Must get back to the garden, need to pull some more weeds. have to let thse know who the boss is.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Tired

We went to see the little one and her parents this weekend. She is so small grampa would not touch her. I was able to hold her for a little while. Mom and dad are taking part in her care and we are hoping she gets to go home in a few weeks.

I have all the squares sewn for a quilt, now I have 2 days off so I can sew the squares together and start the border. Hopefully the young couple that ordered it will like it as I do nto have need for more quilts!

I hope you all have a great day.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is Learning as much as I can
      before I forget it all

I am:
      Bemused

just a quick hello - ready to close the eyes ...really tired today - had to have a treatment on a sunday as the machines are down thur and friday this coming week
      only have mon tue wed and mon tue wed the next week to go - feel like a lobster but all going well - Jack went to a cowboy party yesterday
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31924509_10160313125115082_1949313869847461888_n.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	43237   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31932532_10160313124900082_6268833002797662208_n.jpg 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	43236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31924629_10160313124580082_6893949575581663232_n.jpg 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	43238   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31946855_10160308421265082_6420142286864121856_n.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	43239  

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

I'm glad treatments are going well for you Lizsam. I'm sure you will be glad to have them finished. It looks like Jack was having a great time at the cowboy party. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Tired

I am working on the quilt - still. Started putting on the border today. I sent a photo to the couple and they love it. I was a little worried.
      I hope you all are having fun being creative!

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Drama...the external disk drive I use has crashed...hopefully I can retrieve the photographs and embroidery stuff from it. Have all the embroidery files backed up elsewhere, but none of my photographs, this could be a catastrophe if I am not able to retrieve these.

Tomorrow the Wedding, guess who will be glued to the TV screen. I only want to see the dress.

Just another wrinkle on the face of life.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Phillipa, I hope you can retrieve your photos! I plan to be watching the wedding also.

I've spent the past week going thru a tub of scraps. I have one strip quilt top done, another in the midst of sashing and 30 blocks sewn for another one. I began to think the strips were reproducing over night. I'm still cutting squares from 2 1/2 inches to 6 inches and 2 to 3 1/2 inch strips. There are a couple places needing lap quilts and these tops are no cost for me except the thread I use. (I don't count my time.) I'm also weeding out fabrics that are not good quality and just getting rid of them. It is time consuming but needed to be done. I just can't throw away scraps of a size to be used in a quilt with fabric as costly as it is.

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

I hadn't realized it was so long since I posted, I just seem to be lurching from crisis to crisis. The quilt show has been & gone & considering there are roadworks blocking the easy road access into the craft centre & people had to take a 1 km detour through lots of back streets, we had a good turnout. The show looked lovely. I wasn't on the committee this year, but did help at the last moment & for the packing up. We are off to Scandinavia in 4 weeks, this is the trip we had to cancel last year when Henk had heart problems after spending the morning shoveling sand in the heat. All is well now but the kidney infection he got which stopped our second trip last year is still has caused a few minor issues which our new doctor is not entirely happy about, so tests are ongoing.

Last weekend we were in Buderim for my sister-in-law's 70th birthday. Bernard is very keen for us to move up there, so we've said we will try & get ready to put the house on the market by the end of next year. We looked at units & houses while we were up there & I've decided the smallest I could live in is a 3 bedroom house. we found quite a few in our price range in the area we would like to be, so that was heartening.

Nonnadonna, I will think of you as I'm going through my fabrics, Ive already started & have a boxes of squares between 2" & 3.5". I used some today to make 6 placemats, they still have to be sandwiched quilted & bound.

I hope you can get your photos back. When my hard drive crashed a computer guy was able to retrieve everything, so I hope you have the same result.

Happy wedding aniversary Lizsam, hope you have many more. Glad your treatment is going well. Jack is growing fast. It is such a joy to see your photos of him.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

It's good read of your plans Penny. Buderim has come a long way from that sleepy little ginger growing town to adulthood. I used to play hockey up there, as it was the HQ for the Sunshine Coast Hockey (field hockey for our American friends)

The weather is is nice and bit warmer at the moment so Scandanavia should be reasonable for a trip. The weather at the moment reminds of the Summer of 1996 so warm.

it is amazing how real life takes over and you don't realise how long it is since you last posted. I have become involved in the 'Drain Gate'. had two wins for the people on this Estate, massive refunds of over charging for the storm water drainage and finalyy after 14 years proved right about the localised flooding Nobody up here has storm water drainage from their houses going ino the sewerage system, it took a camera, a man who clear drains and determined woman to prove this. YES......Anglian water no has to refund every household the minimum of £200.00 a year for the last five years. they hate me, but that is what the regulations are for. The storm water drainage goes in to a soal away or a balancing pond. this is the old village ponds you see in so many English villages, the ponds are normally near the Village green. part of this estate drains to the the balancing pond on the farm near us, the rest have soak aways in the back yards and the water from the road drains goes into large soakaways in the play grounds. i think i have the whole area mapped now. back to the our flooding I kept saying the pipes under the road had collapsed, no-one listened and then yesterday the camera revealed the truth, at some time way back in the 2000, a lazy workman/men had to repair a broken pipe. they used a traffic cone, stuffed it into the broken pipe and cemented it in, so ove rthe years the sludge an stuff has built up because to the opening in the traffic cone is too small, this is what we get flooded the water cannot drain away to the soak aways in the play ground across the road from our house. Now let the stupid men with clip boards tell me I am wrong. Watertight Surface management are writing the report, have given me a set of photos from the drain camera and I am armed now to take the idiots who would not listen to me on. I warned them years ago that once I got the evidence their lives will be a misery and that they had better start repairing every broken gully trap and drain in this area.

Of course very little has been done during this time, it takes energy to bang stubborn people heads together and as my Nanna used to say, think laterally and then get on with it to find the solution.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

You sound as if you are making a difference, Phillipa. Of course we country Aussies know about water, we either have too much or too little & we know both have to be managed properly. When we built this house I overdid the drains, 7 down pipes, 2 drains across the driveway ( in addition to the council gutter drain) & drains all round the house beside the footpath. During one really heavy downpour I watched water go through most houses in the area except ours. So much for the builder who told me I was wasting money!. We all know that the girl on the ground has the best chance of getting in right, so go for it girl.

The fabric sorting is going well, I've done 3 small boxes so far, only about 200 to go! Oh dear, I'll have to live til 150 to use all this up.

Lifeblood of the Forums

I am:
      Happy

Just from my scraps Penny, I think I could sew quilts for several months. I have decided that fabric procreates on a regular basis. Hubby thinks I have lots of fabric, and he is correct. However I was at a fabric sale of fabric belonging to a lady who had died. There was so much fabric that the workers couldn't even put all of it out in a large conference room. It was overwhelming to say the least.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

On Sunday night more than a months worth rain fell in some areas (not here) homes were flooded again. It is the archaic drainage system that cannot cope over here, the old Victorian drains that have never been upgraded and you can bet these are problem. If flooding is regular, surely some jobsworth might have light bulb moment and ask why aren't the drains coping?

You are right, live in the country and you soon learn about water. We did similar to you when we built in Caboolture, more down pipes to water storage than necessary and then the Council wanted us to disconnect and use town water. best bit of were we built being a new area,
      they put storm water drains in that a man could walk upright in, but then again we used to have those tropical downpours in Summer.

I would love to be with you sorting the fabric. I am trying to stop buying fabric as I dread having to pack up what I have when we move.

They never have those sort of sales over here Nonnadonna.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

We saw floods in America & England on the news, it must be terrifying to see a street full of cars floating away & water rising above your window sills.

My fabric stash is getting tidied & some used, another box done yesterday so I'm feeling quite virtuous.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

We used to get floods like that in Singleton, we had the drill down pat once we got the warning. I have never had a car float away but had a car submerged. it is devastating for people to have just recovered from the last flood to have it happen again. Yess. they are thinking it is drainage system that is at fault.. well gee whizz....i could have told them that.

People are being coy about the recipe for Prince Harry's wedding cake, so I have set to work to try my own. Oh yes...I think I have cracked it without 200 amalfi lemons, but with nine eggs and 1 kilo butter, I have used 5 lemons. Everyone who has tasted the cake says it is really good. Five of the eggs and half the butter are in the Italian meringue butter frosting. It makes your pimples turn inside out with delight. I need to make again to see if I have a nice morning/afternoon tea cake. I have got to give up watching these bake off shows. Brian keeps saying he is going to enter me into one of these contests, not blooming likely, i enjoy cooking for the sake of it. So long as mu friends continue to enjoy my creations, this what I am happy about. i think sometimes they come over to taste the latest creation.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Glad your drainage system is finally getting the attention it deserves, Phillipa. We had 2 mls of rain the night before last but ost of the farmers missed out. We had our first hint of a frost for the year last night, first day of winter tomorrow and the weather has only just turned cold here. The northern half of the state has been hot & dry & the snowy mountains had a very early snow fall meaning they could open the skiing season a month early. it as if it is 2 different continents.

I have not even seen a picture of the famous wedding cake. Our news has been dominated by Barnaby, he his partner & have decided to give an exclusive interview on channel 7 for a six digit figure. The outcry has been deafening, especially as when news of his affair broke he kept saying it was nobody's business but his. Now he is saying it was his partner's ideas to do the interview & the money will be put into a trust fund for is baby. I think I would leave him at this stage, especially as he cast doubt on the paternity of the bulge at one stage. The saga continues.

It is Henk's birthday today, so I took him out to the Thai restaurant for dinner. It was a lovely meal. For sweets I had banana & chocolate spring rolls with icecream. Now that is a recipe you should try to copy. It was to die for, not too sweet but very chocolatey.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi9jSKDA...ource=ig_embed

Here is the wedding cake for you Penny.

The dessert you had at the restaurant sounds yummy. Now to start experimenting. You are going to be spoilt for choice when you move to Queensland. One place you are going to have to try is down at Scarborough especially if you like seafood. the prawns come in fresh off the trawellers Morgans is the name. Brain got a shock when he found out the price of Barramundi.

keeping on top the weeds, everything is growing profusely this Summer.

Have to turn my machine on, haven't done this for over a week.

The best person I can be, thru both happiness and grief
      is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

Finally had a chance to turn on my machines yesterday. 14 year old grand daughters are here for a visit and we are making zipper bags. Will finish today as selecting fabric (used up a bit from stash) and design for each of them took a good while yesterday and they had lunch plans so ran out of time. Thankfully the machines behaved, a concern since it has been a bit since they were used. It was nice to hear them running again.
      The weather has been very wet here and with nearly daily rain and lots of pollen from the trees I am battling a green swimming pool. I have been having to clean filters much more than I would like. The frogs and toads are liking the weather and there are babies everywhere and the noise they make at night is deafening. They also jump into the pool when it rains. The concrete deck is too hot when it is sunny and keeps them from crossing it.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thank you for the connection to the wedding cake photo. It is very modern & looks lovely.

Unfortunately I'm allergic to seafood, so won't be trying the delights of Scarborough. I love ginger though.

I spent a little time in the garden today, even though I've been watering profusely, it is still as dry & hard as if it had never seen water. All we need is a week of rain to soften things up a bit.

My machines have been getting a good workout over the last month. I put an embroidery on & sit & sew at the other machine. Today I got some crochet hook holders under way. I'm trying to get a good collection of stock ready for the end of the year.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

The crochet hook holders are finished as well as a set of placemats. the placemats are a product of my fabric sorting. Any scraps get cut into squares, most 2" squares & I then use them in placemats.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Place mats.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	43246 A great way to make scraps work. Had a day out today & will be socialising tomorrow so production will be coming to a stand still.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

You cannot beat those 2 inch squares, they multiply very quickly..I have a lot of hot pads in the kitchen made from scraps of fabric.

I have not worked a stitch this last week, Too much time out in the garden. I have vases of roses in the house as my payment for spending time out there.

Thread Information