• Wtf
  • Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Daily Check in 2018

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

My patchwork group met for morning tea at the local patchwork shop which is also a coffee shop. We talked & laughed & some were tempted to buy more fabric. Then I gardened all afternoon. It is pruning back time here & I filled my green bin & 3 neighbours green bins too.

We are driving to Buderim tomorrow. Bernard is celebrating his 40th birthday this weekend. The celebration is 6 weeks early as we are going on holidays again in 2 weeks. Scandinavia beckons.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

You are heading into a lovely Summer over this way Penny.

Birthday celebrations are good no matter how early or late they are.

Oh the temptation when you just have to buy more fabric. I have vowed not to buy any more fabric until I use up the little tub of off cuts I have collected. I wonder how long this resolve will last.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

3 weeks since I posted - wow - I finally got the quilt top done yesterday, now I need to find a large enough place to lay it out and tie it.
      I did a plant sale last week and was shocked with the turn out! I have one small container of small pots left and we donated all the rummage sale stuff. All the lawn furniture sold. Half of my gardens got major make overs! The Hosta garden, the day Lily garden, the sedum garden, the rain garden and another small perennial garden are gone! I took 1 or 2 of each plant I liked and have started a corner garden that will eventually be the main garden in the yard. I had a health scare a few weeks ago that made me realize, if something happened and I couldnt garden anymore, my yard would look terrible as hubby does not garden at all.
      I'm off for 2 to 3 weeks to watch the youngest grandchild as mom is going back to work for the month of June. Then she is going to look for part time work with hours when dad is home to watch little one. Baby is almost 7 weeks old and is 6 1/2 pounds.
      I hope you all are having an awesome summer!

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

Granny Elen, I'm sure you will enjoy the time with your little grandchild. The time with grandchildren is always special.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

it is is so good to read the little one is thriving Elen. Treasure the time with the grandchildren,. I know too well what this means.

I am itching and sneezing. POLLEN. I love Summer but over here it can be miserable. Now the wheat is forming heads full of grain, the pollen spores are drifting on the wind. So it is not enough with ordinary grass, I am now allergic to wheat pollen, I am glad it is not Rape pollen at the moment. They do rotational farming here, so this year it is wheat....oh well, i nejoy the flowers and watching the butterfly and bees.

Hopefully I might get some embroidery done today.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Back from Buderim, we had a lovely weekend, all but 3 of Bernard's school friends were able to attend, 2 were overseas & the other just didn't respond. The 2 he was at primary school with were there which he was particularly thrilled about. The weather was kind to us, fine but not too hot. All the kids played wonderfully together for 5 hours while the rest of us talked. We had a BBQ lunch in a park in Brisbane, sarah's idea & really good if you have 12 kids 10 & under.

We are now free of Bernard's cats, they went to Brisbane to live with his girlfriend. The house has been de-cat haired & I weeded in peace.

Enjoy your grandchild Elen.

I have been watching the Scandinavian temperatures, they are only a little warmer than our winter temperatures at the moment.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

latest temperature max. Ronneby; max; 22.0°C; Gothenburg; max; 21.7°C; Smhi; max; 21.5°C; Orebro; max; 21.0°C; Harstena; max; 20.8°C; Floda; max; 20.7° ... you have to remember this is warm for over here Penny. I am not wearing a jacket today, have a T shirt on at 17C. I know it is winter temperatures, but last week we got to 28C. Stop laughing....

Your trip to Buderim sounds like a success and not having cats to help with the garden would be nice.

Have been out cutting roses back today, getting them ready for another blooming.

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Well, I have been up to no good mischief. I was in my yard, putting out water for our feathered friends and furry ones as well, when I fell and broke my right foot in several places. Thank goodness, I had my son and grandson here to help me up and get me to the hospital. They x-rayed it, plus did an MRI and discovered that I had several hairline fractures. Fortunately for me, surgery is not required yet. But I am forbidden by the doctor to not put any weight on it for 6-8 weeks if I want it to heal without any problems or surgery. So basically, I am limited to a wheel chair and walker (hopping on one foot with walker). I do have my son here to take care of me, otherwise I might be crawling on the floor to get around. LOL. Prayers and special thoughts are very much appreciated.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is working on finishing WIPs

I am:
      Happy

Very definite prayers and good thoughts, Shastasmom. I hope you can manage to stay off the foot for 6 to 8 weeks so you might avoid surgery.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Special thoughts definitely Shastasmom. A healing incantation or two will not go astray and of course you staying off your foot as you have been told to do. You are going to have to learn to hoop sitting down. Now you family will have to tend the wee beasties that come to visit.

You need a walking stick to thump on the floor to get attention and have yourself waited on hand and foot...ummm maybe not foot in this case.

Seriously, I do hope the pain starts to subside and mending has started.

Soft hugs

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

We had a max of 18 C today, first time this year below 20 & we are nearly half way through June! We usually get a few more cold days in June than this. The Drought is still biting in northern NSW as the government announced loans of up to $50 000 interest free for 7 years. Most farmers are pretty unimpressed, we all remember back to the drought in the 1960s when freight subsidies were given for bringing in feed & transporting stock to greener places. Also the stock routes have been closed for grazing as has the long paddock. I think this lot of polies are too young to remember the toll of that drought.

Enough complaining, I'm still going through my scraps & have emptied a few more boxes.

Look after yourself shastasmom, I'm glad your son is with you to keep you in order. Don't do too much hopping on the good foot, you don't want problems with it.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

That drought was BADDDD, it also hit Queensland, i was in NSW at the time and remember seeing stock being driven (not in trucks) but an old fashioned cattle drive. the cattle grazed where the pasture was and then driven (drove) on to the next lot of pasture. it was heartbreaking. We helped with trucking fodder to the animals, leave was cancelled so everyone in uniform helped with the mustering and feeding. it was heartbreaking to see grown men crying as stock had to be shot because of the conditions along the way. To see barren fields belonging to grain farmers was just as bad. I agree this lot of politicians, unless they come from the land or have grand parents who can remember it wont understand the ongoing impact this will have for generations to come. Australia can be a very harsh country.

Storm Hector is blowing in from Ireland, it is late in the season, but no joking we need a bit of rain, I have been hand watering the garden, something that is not normally needed. We have had the warning to make sure the garden furniture is put away. they don't know what a blow is hahahahaha.

I am:
      Happy

I only hop from bedroom to bathroom as its easiest to do things in bathroom on the walker. I wouldn't dream of hopping without the walker, I would fall again if I did. It is nice being waited on, but also wish I could do it all my self, but I know that will come.

I remember hearing about the drought in Australia in the 70's. If I remember correctly, it was something like the dust bowl in the US in the 30's. Will pray that it isn't as bad for Australia now as it was then.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Good Morning Hop and Go One, just do as you told and before you know it will be next week.

Storm Herbert passed us by, we got a bit of wind, it was more to the west and north of us, so no rain. This is a lovely Summer so far. the grape has fruit on it, embryonic at the moment, but more than last year, so the growing conditions must be suitable. bears out what I have been saying about the seasons changing and a bit warmer.

I am embroidering some Schnauzer dogs to make a cushion cover for a lady hosting a monthly morning tomorrow. I have made an up market lemon Drizzle cake, it has an Italian meringue butter cream and lemon curd for the covering. it has taken a bit of time to perfect this recipe, but i think I have cracked it. tomorrow I will know if it is eaten with no adverse comments. I squeezed about 2 dozen lemon this morning to make the lemon curd. Four very fresh eggs removed from under the hens yesterday afternoon. I have about 3 dozen eggs at the moment. I am giving eggs away. most are double yolkers as the hens are young.

I am:
      Happy

Had to go out yesterday and renew my driver's license and get a handicap parking permit. So glad that is done and over with for another two years. Looking forward to seeing my sister. She is coming here to visit and help me out while my son takes my grandson home.

Phillipa, you cake sounds heavenly. If it turns out, why don't you post it at https://www.designsbysick.com/forums...the-SiCK-World I'm sure a lot of us would like to try it.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

It snowed east & south of us yesterday, the moisture got to the top of the ranges & dropped everything, we missed out again. Mind you snow would not have been welcome, but as we have nights of 4 - 6 C it would not have been snow but the time it hit the ground.

The market on Sunday was pathetic, it was a cold day & everyone stayed in the shops instead of wandering the streets. I had a run on plastic bag holders so spent yesterday making more. Many of our supermarkets are phasing out plastic bags from July 1, so I think everyone has finally started hording them.

Your cake sounds lovely Phillipa, makes my mouth water just reading about it.

Glad you are going well Shastasmom. keep being careful & recover soon.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Armidale used to get a lot of snow. I did a semester at Uni there as part of my course. When we lived in Singleton, we would see the snow on Barrington Tops and know if drove further up the Highway we would drive into snow, Singleton we used to have to get the hammer out to break the ice in the hose. I used to vaseline the key locks on the car doors, as well as vaseline the spray nozzles on the car. When I think of the ice I used to scrape off the car each morning.

The cake was a hit, so I am hoping it isn't a one hit wonder, we joked that I am now ready to enter one into the local W.I. cake competition. the again i am nor so sure, as they disqualified a ladies Sponge cake because she did not use raspberry jam, she didn't even call it a Victoria Sponge, she called it a Summer Berry Sponge but the ladies of the W.I. would have none of it. She made the jam herself from the berries growing in her garden. So if I say my Lemon Cake, I bet they would say it was a lemon drizzle cake. All this started because I wanted to try and replicate a certain wedding cake and the cake maker would not disclose the recipe apart from 200 Amalfi lemons to make the curd and flavour the cake,everyone has assumed it was a lemon drizzle cake with elderberry cordial as the drizzle syrup. The lemon curd is sharp and lemony, I wonder if i can repeat that again? Brian asked me how many eggs actually went in the cake and I muttered nine, well that included the Italian Meringue and 1lb of butter all up. i did not use any elderberry in this one.

Another lovely sunny day 25C today. No rain for over week now, the clouds are there but we are not getting it. Pollen count very high. butterflies and bees are doing their job.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Still no rain & the temperatures are in the 20's again. Have only had 2 mild frosts so far this year, not that I'm complaining about that. I've had the hose going all day on the garden trying to get some moisture deep down as we are going for another holiday at the end of the week & the garden has to survive the rest of the winter with none of my love & attention. We are off to Scandinavia this time.

I'm still using up scraps, going quite well. Cut out & pinned some playmats that pull up into a bag. Last time I made them they sold like hot cakes.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

It sounds like are keeping very busy penny.

We are in Day 14 of ever increasing summer temperatures and no rain in our area. I am hand watering everything at the moment, the grass has died off, the only green are the weeds in the so called lawn.

i resigned form the local Council in Januiary over a principle. I am now back on the Council was elected back this month, i had so many projects i wanted to get under way and needed someone to push them. At last i have the Library scheme under way, it took a bit of lateral thinking, noi money and a small bit of time. We don't have a viallage phone box that can be converted to a library, but we do have a storage cupboard at the front of our houses, so I have converted ours into a little library. one of the local carpenters is coming around to fit the shelves. It is like a book swap, you take one, you leave one, you take six, you leave six in place if these. I can lock it at night and open it in the morning, so no mess and no vandalism. we have CCTV so any problems we can identify who is causing it. we are having the Wyton on the Hill in Bloom next month, have six gardens signed up for the competition, entries close in two weeks time. we have our monthly coffee mornings, so things are happening at last. We have a lot of new people moving in, we have a new reformed Council, got ris of the problems and now can can go forward. two certain ex councillors thought they would vie to be King of the Hill...they did not bargain on younger people do not like being bullied and are prepared to stand up to them.

Now to get the Book Club started.

We are having a cake bake/sale next Friday with the proceeds going to SSFAA (military charity).

I hope all the Sisters and brothers in Embroidery are as wellas can be.

Soft hugs

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

I am home! Little one is doing good. Bit fussy but things will get better. Daughter has 1 week left to work and then take the summer off before finding a part time job that works around daddys job. Between daddy and I we got some things done that have been needing attention.
      We went to a specialty green house and I got a couple unusual plants to add to my garden. Now to get that finished.
      I hope everyone is doing good!

Thread Information