• Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thread coming undone

Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Default Thread coming undone

I need some help and advice please, I have embroidered one of the necklines and also a spring sewinf block. Some of the stitches are coming undone when the jump stitches are removed. How do I rectify this? Thanks

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Lotdotts1, apparently knots are not being tied between the jump stitches. I would use Fray Check before cutting the jump stitches to keep it from unraveling. Maybe someone else will have a solution for you. Fray Check can be purchased at any fabric store, JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, or other places.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thanks shastasmom, I will give that a go.
      Last edited by Lotdotts1; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:50 AM. Reason: Phone prodictive text

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Tired

I have had lots of problems with this as well. I cut the jump threads as close to the part it starts to stitch out and then pull the thread to the back side and knot it, if the tread is long enough. With some of the older designs, I leave the jump threads in if they are not very long. If the digitizing program does not allow the digitizer to program for locking stitches before the jump, this will happen. I did a big beautiful quilt when I first started machine embroidery, after just a short time the stitches came out so much the design looks terrible.

Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thanks granny elen, I will try and not them if I can. Thanks for your help. I have not had these problems before although I am using a different embroidery machine.

Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Sounds to me they were not digitized with locking tie off stitches...unfortunate. I suggest you send a support ticket to Rob and ask if the set can be re-worked by the digitizer to fix this problem. Or, if you have software, you could probably add them yourself...are the digitizers the same person for both sets?

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflyer View Post
      Sounds to me they were not digitized with locking tie off stitches...unfortunate. I suggest you send a support ticket to Rob and ask if the set can be re-worked by the digitizer to fix this problem. Or, if you have software, you could probably add them yourself...are the digitizers the same person for both sets?
      The designs go back to 2009, so not sure that they had tie off knots back then or not and I'm not sure that the digitizer is still doing any digitizing.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY & Click for the earth http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

I am sure that there were tie off stitches back then. Don't know who the digitizer was but you are right, might not be still available...

Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thank you dragonflyer. I will look to see if it is the same digitizer. I do have Embird and still learning all about it. I was not sure if I was allowed to adjust it. I could have a look. Can I ask what a Support Ticket is? Sorry I live in UK. Thanks for all you help.

Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Quote Originally Posted by Lotdotts1 View Post
      Thank you dragonflyer. I will look to see if it is the same digitizer. I do have Embird and still learning all about it. I was not sure if I was allowed to adjust it. I could have a look. Can I ask what a Support Ticket is? Sorry I live in UK. Thanks for all you help.

From the Home page you go to the "Contact" tab in the upper right side...or send an e-mail to

orders@designsbysick.com

Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Ok thanks, I am going to try another couple of designs to see how they work maybe on my other embroidery machine.

Thread Information