• Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Hurricane Michael - and Rob

Super Moderator Site Admin/Moderator
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Default Hurricane Michael - and Rob

Well, once again, this incredible loghouse my BBD (BigBikerDude) built for us withstood a hurricane! This was one of the strongest U.S. hurricanes ever.

https://www.axios.com/hurricane-mich...8664961d1.html

Sustained winds at 155 mph (Cat 4) with winds gusting to 157 mph (Cat 5)

I live on the western side of where the hurricane eye passed through the Florida panhandle. Winds and rain were incredible.

We lost many trees on our 20 acres - and several fell across the driveway - which was not exactly a fun time clearing.
      The ones that fell throughout our woods I will allow to just return to the earth.

My house is the shelter house for any family/friends who need a safe place to stay during dangerous weather situations. I had a niece, her son and his girlfriend. They live VERY close to the beach in a nearby county and a mandatory evacuation was issued for them.

We lost electricity in the afternoon when the storm began - and then lost the phone lines at 2 AM. Of course, no one sleeps during a hurricane. Everything was back today - when my daughter and I returned from town after a quick lunch and trip to the laundramat!

I hope everyone is safe and secure and doing well after the storm.

Now...for me....it is BACK TO WORK! I have missed everyone!

hugz
      rob
      (crazy support person)
      Had to get rid of the kids....the cat was allergic.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is acting cheerleader for our
      votes.

I am:
      Friendly

Rob, so glad you are okay. I had no idea you were in harm's way. We've heard some really terrible news that many others were not so lucky. We certainly don't want to lose our crazy support person!
      blessings,
      sewtired

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Rob, thank you for the info on you. So happy you are ok and have everything back to normal. Praying for all those affected by Hurricane Michael.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Lifeblood of the Forums Site Admin/Moderator
      is Busy Busy

I am:
      Happy

Yay! So glad you are okay!

Super Moderator Site Admin/Moderator
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

You all are so kind. Thank you so so very much!

UPDATE:
      My son flew in from D.C. to check on his house (he is on a 6 month temporary assignment there and I was not even allowed to enter the county because I did not have ID stating I was a resident). Unfortunately. 5 trees impacted his house, one of which took off a good chuck of the upstairs bedroom. Sooo... I spent last week at the house with him, cleaning up what we could, washing and bagging all clothing, washing all of my 3 year old granddaughter's toys and every hard surface with a bleach solution, washing every hard surface and trying to salvage what we could. All of the downstairs furniture is pretty much trashed...It was sad to see the one year old kitchen set on the debris pile in front of the house.
      We worked 10-12 hours/day and coupling that with the 3 hr commute (in the beginning - it got better as the days passed) - which normally takes one hour - and we had some pretty long days. Add to that, no electricity for the first three days meant working with headlamps and flashlights.
      Black mold is a serious issue after a hurricane and since one of the many downed trees impacted the electrical connection for the air conditioner - we had no ac!
      He has since gone back to D.C. and now we await the insurance company. According to the Insurance Adjuster - this house is pretty much to total rebuild.
      There is still a dusk til dawn curfew - so I will not be going back until the work is to begin.
      Sooo...continued prayers and positive thoughts are appreciated!

BUT WAIT! There IS good news! My sweet granddaughter (who just turned 3) will be a big sister to a little brother in February! The kids all come back to Florida the first week of December ad I cannot wait!

Again, thank you for the kind words...

hugz
      rob
      Had to get rid of the kids....the cat was allergic.

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is acting cheerleader for our
      votes.

I am:
      Friendly

I can identify and sympathize with the bad news, though we've had no wind damage, we've dealt with 2 floods in 2 years, the last one from Harvey. So great to hear the good news. Congratulations on the new grandson to be and on getting the kids back before Christmas. Hope the work on the house goes smoothly. Just beware, I'm sure all the con artists will be flocking to Florida now to take folks money for doing little, shabby or no work at all. Don't hire just anyone.

And do please keep us up to date on the progress of getting back to normal.
      blessings,
      sewtired

Thread Information