• Wtf
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Daily check in 2019

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

I haven't had a Nanna nap ever...might have to start trying it.

Fingers crossed for follow up rains for you Penny. The kids around here paint rocks and hide them, similar to Geo Cacheing. What about making Fairy Doors and putting FSL fairies inside the open door. The Craft shop here sells ready made doors for painting. One of the men who lives here, made up a complete village of doors, Baker, police station, shop, etc attached them to the trees in the area. it was hit until some nasty people went around and pulled these off the trees, we have an idea who did this, but as they are juveniles, no-one can touch them. Spoilt what was fun and nice for the other kids. Every couple of days a new door would appear. Just another idea the kids might like to try. I am doing a Fairy Village for our local Village in Bloom, It is going in our front window, I am not putting it outside to get ruined. Another family about 300 metres from me has Gnome Garden, it is fun to look at.

Off to make some cat FSl earrings for Dianna and me..Whether see wears jers is another matter. I have already made a set each for Memorial Day.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

The best person I can be, thru both happiness and grief
      is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

I am resting this AM after a hectic week working setting up the yearly sale at church. Monday thru Friday we accept donations and get them organized then Saturday 7-1 is the sale. We made a good amount that will be used for mission work. I found a Featherweight table and a few other bits and got some camping gear for grand-daughter. I have had requests for some FSL ornaments so will have to get busy on them soon.

A Lady of Good Heart
      is having a great time picking
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

You are all so busy creating things - I aam envious. I have not been embroidering for a while now, except some embroidery on dungarees for Zyra.

The last 2 weeks had been a nightmare, but I think that is over now. Actually, the nightmare went on for about 2 years. Hopefully I can now get my house cleaned up and find some direction in my life.

Today is the first day since 2010 that I am alone in the house. It feels strange, but I am looking forward to not having any interruptions, as I am in the process of rebuilding my website.

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

I hope everything starts going really well for you Sonia, you always seem to be working so hard, you deserve things to go your way.

I'm trying to think how to use your fairy idea, Phillipa. Mermaids & unicorns are the flavour of the moment here, so I'll get all our members to put their thinking caps on & come up with an activity along the lines of your idea.

It was our machine embroidery day today, embroidering on towels & choosing the best design for this was today's lesson. I was thrilled when the older lady who has never touched a computer & up til now has been scared to do anything on her machine at home, sat down & got her design up & sewed the whole design out without having to call on help.She was able to go back a few stitches after the thread broke without panicking & changed to bobbin without any drama. That gave her a lot of confidence.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Sonia, it is so good the read that your back wanting to work on your website. Co-incidence, I have been asked to make some wine bottle holders for a close friend and guess what design she chose? Yes, your design...how many years ago was this one created? Now i can make a bigger holder as I have larger hoops. the external drive cobers aretravelling well also. Off to the States with me next week..

Tutle Owl, nothig so satifying as a good sale. You are doing so good.

Penny, sounds like you are teaching oldgirls new tricks..nice to see that someone is gaining confidence in using her machine.

la-cole I did have to giggle at the Whackaspammer alert, as if any of us would be travelling to India to see a Gynaecologist....seeing them locally is one of those things hahahahaha

Where would be without our Sisters in Embroidery? I guess I should add our Brothers too..Shawn is one of us
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Sonia I hope your day went good and you got a lot done!

Lacole I was told to expect one year from my machine for ever $500 I spent on it. Fortunately that has not been the case, but I hate having to take it in for repairs. It seems like it never comes back working right.

Spring is here, the water is so high our basement is wet, but we are better off than our neighbors, most have yards under water. The renters next door are driving their boat up on to the lawn instead of putting in the boat lift.

Garage/rummage sales take so much time to prepare for. Our neighborhood sale is in just a few weeks, so I am already getting things ready. But then the man never helps, he will take a half hour, go through drawers and drop things on a table and not clean or price them. I also have my daughters things to get out. She was going to take time off and come help, but she would lose so much in wages, I told her not to. I will not have the garage available to set up until the night before, so everything has to be ready to lay out without to much work. I have taken 2 more gardens out, so will have lots of plants to get ready, that is the main reason I do sales. I have repeat customers who watch for my plant sales.

I hope you all have a good week.

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

My sewing/computer room looks so bare without my machine. Hopefully the "fixes" will be simple. Granny Ellen, based on the $500 amount, I should have a number of years remaining on my investment.
      Never give up, never surrender.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

I take mine to be serviced once a year. Hopefully any wear and tear can be picked up at that service. I only pay for the service and the couple of parts that have worn over the years my dealer has replaced for no charge. we give our machines a work out.

Raining here today, need it, April was very dry, well for this part of the world.

Nearly ready to pack. holding off until Monday afternoon, the house is clean, brian has enough food in the freezer if he decides not to cook for himself. Dianna has day surgery on the 17th. I get to play Nurse Rachid.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Phillipa, unfortunately this "small" town has only one sewing shop. In 2010 when I got my first machine he was all about only selling top quality machines. Now he is all about selling what people want, even if the quality is not as good. He has yet to provide any free services or repairs. My last 2 repairs should have been under warranty, but the sales people who handle the transactions are not allowed to make that decision and he was not there to do so. After waiting almost a month longer than told to get my machine back, I just paid it. He even charges for classes to teach you how to use your machines. His business has grown, but I just hate going there.

I hope you all have a great Mother's Day weekend!

Thread Information