• Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Daily check in 2019

You know you love my juggling cow.
      is just not sure if I'm coming or
      going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Default Daily check in 2019

Happy New Year everyone. It is a long time since I've posted, the end of the year got rather hectic to say the least. With the drought & temperatures in the 40s I was watering the garden every day, often twice a day if there was a hot wind. The extra markets in December kept me busy as things were selling fast.

We went to our our kids in Queensland for Christmas, staying with a friend in Lismore for a night on the way up. We had 3 nights with our daughter in Brisbane & was taken to her friends Christmas gatherings. One of her friends had her parents out from England. They were suffering badly from the heat. We then went to our son in Buderim and repeated the process, had a lovely christmas dinner with him, his partner & partners daughter (a 6 year old certainly adds to present opening).

Now back home the process of watering & reviving the garden has begun.

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Happy New Year everyone. I stayed up until the new year was in here in Reno, NV, USA and got up at my usual time. So of course, while watching the Rose Bowl Parade, fell asleep. I am hoping that with the new year I will get my mojo back and start sewing and embroidering. Also need to learn how to use my Babylock serger.

I envy Pennykasteel with all of the sewing that she does.

Pennykasteel, it sounds like you had a very good Christmas holiday.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Chase that mojo down shastasmom, it is really enjoyable sitting at the machine & sewing. My machines are next to each other on my sewing desk, so I have the embroidery machine beavering away while I sew other things.

I'm having quite a battle with the rainbow lorikeets over the grapes. They seem to think I've grown them especially to feed them & sit & look quite hurt when I hunt them out of the vine. Luckily there are more grapes than we can eat, but they are not leaving enough to make grape jam.

I am:
      Happy

La_cole, colorful chicken just for you. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX Everyone else can look at it also. Hope the link works for you. If not search for Country Corner, and cursor down until you see pick of chicken. My niece Joy Bennett shared it, so you might want to look for her name.
      Last edited by Shastasmom; January 5th, 2019 at 09:19 AM.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Shastasmom View Post
      La_cole, colorful chicken just for you...
      Was not able to locate it. Maybe I need to be a member of Country Corner? Thank you, Shastasmom, for your thoughtfulness.

Limping around a bit today. Hyperextended my knee after slipping on the icy running boards trying to get into my truck. Doesn't hurt too badly until I climb the stairs.
      Last edited by la_cole; January 5th, 2019 at 02:50 PM.
      Never give up, never surrender.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Time seems to be flying by. I've been sewing every day trying to get ready for the market that is held at the beginning of our country music festival at the end of January. One of my friends is coming every day to help & learn more about her embroidery machine. At the moment' with temps in the 40's, the only place to be is inside with the air conditioner going. The drought is dragging on & water is getting short so we are on water restrictions so watering the garden is nt happening too often. We are hearing about the wickedly cold winter the northern hemisphere is having as we swelter down under & wish we could send you a few degrees of warmth.

Take care with that knee La cole.

Has your mojo returned shastasmom?

A Lady of Good Heart
      is having a great time picking
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

I am missing out on a lot since I started wood working! i hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year. Ours were so blessed as we had the granddaughter saying goodbye to 2018 and hello to 2019 with us. She is walking now and will celebrate her first birthday this coming Saturday.

Shastasmom, what Babylock serger did you get? I still haven't really had a chance to work on mine, as I am still building sewing tables. I hope to have it all done by the end of this month.

Penny, I don't like winter but I cannot cope with these heatwaves, either. It makes it very difficult to work in the garage, so I do about 2 hours in the morning before it becomes unbearable. I am not sewing at the moment, but sorting one room at a time. Getting rid of stuff is a tedious job.

The best person I can be, thru both happiness and grief
      is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

Hi All - I too am doing a lot of sorting. Seems like every time I think I have a plan to get my craft area as I wish it something happens. Since my brother had to move in with us we are using rooms differently and of course my crafting space is disrupted. I still have not been able to get my Innov-is2800 repaired as the local shop went out of business and the new Brother store does not have a service tech. The Babylock dealer told me where I could take it but it is a bit of a drive so will need a day free for the trip. The other machine is in the dining room since I have been working on things with my daughter and the sewing room is tight space for one.

Sonia - the same day your little one is 1 my youngest grand daughter becomes a teenager.

I have a meeting this morning then will come home and clean and sort the pantry. Then a bit of rest and off to a Scout meeting to plan a camping trip the end of the month. Just hoping that weekend will not be too cold!

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

GOOD to hear you had a good new year with your granddaughter Sonia, I'm sewing my way through the overload in my sewing room, been making country music souvenir bags for the country music festival next week. There is a market next Sunday which I've booked into. I now have a space where a huge pile of fabric was. Makes me feel good. I hate the extreme heat too, we are into the 40s this week so the air conditioner is working overtime.
      Hope you get your machine fixed soon Turtle Owl, I too have to drive over 2 hours to get mine repaired or serviced, so I work it in with a trip to Sydney. You certainly sound busy, hope your scout camp is snow free! We are getting a lot of news about excessive snow in the northern hemisphere.

I am:
      Happy

Sonia, glad you got to enjoy New Year's with your granddaughter. I got a Babylock Evolution with the air threading. I still don't know how to use it. It is so intimidating but I do need to buckle down and work my way through the manual. I also don't care for winter but the heat is easier for me to take. At least with the heat, I can keep cool inside using AC.

SewingOwl, you sound very busy. Hope the camping trip goes off as planned. It is so nice that your daughter and you are working on things together. Building some memories for both of you.

Pennykasteel, you always seem so busy on your sewing. Hope you have a good market. And no I don't have my mojo back yet.

I purchased a membership form MyGardened and have been working on getting all of her designs before she closes shop and they are no longer available. I am almost completed with the download, so I should finish it before she closes shop on 17 January. Well worth the money.

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

Checking in early to let everyone know that on Feb. 17, I'll likely be away from my computer to attend an estate auction!!!!

https://www.clintsandlam.com/copy-of...18-fairgrounds
      Never give up, never surrender.

I am:
      Happy

La_cole, I'm jealous. Sounds like it will be a fun day.

While clicking at Greater Good this morning for Breast Cancer and the other causes, I saw that tomorrow is National Squirrel Day. I don't like these rodents at all, but I understand that they are necessary in the wild for helping to plant trees naturally.

If you want to look and see what day it is nationally, go here. https://nationaldaycalendar.com/calendar-at-a-glance/

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thank you for that link Shastasmom. Now I have a little more trivia to share, we all love doing this at our patchwork group.

I went to the market yesterday & it was a disaster, obviously their advertising was very bad as very few came. They only had 6 stalls even though they told me they had 20. I did cover costs, but had done a lot of sewing, mainly Country Music shoulder bags which I had hoped to sell most of. However, lesson learned, ask a lot more questions & physically check their story before committing to an event by a charity that has never held that type of event before.

It is still very hot here, the figs are cooking on the tree, they are soft on the up side & still hard on the lower side. We did get a cool change yesterday, 37 C, but we will be back in the 40s today. The air conditioning is getting a big workout this summer.

A Lady of Good Heart
      is having a great time picking
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

Good morning, all!

I am finally sitting down to do some sewing with the Triumph / Gloria serger. Like you, Shastasmom, I do find the machine intimidating. So far I have done 3 pairs of pants, using the cover seam, but not doing that well. I suspect it is going to be a learning curve of note for me. I think investing in a clear / see-through foot might be a good idea.

I hope to get the rest of the panels for the drawers this weekend, so I can finish with the sewing desks and get my life back to normal again. I see we still cannot post photos, so I will create an album on my own website for the desks. I will post as soon as I have done it.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Just popping in to say hello. Life gets in the way at times. We are both well, but very busy. I must make sure I get up earlier to check on my friends. it's so cold over here, I don't want to get out of bed until it is imperative that I move.

I was approached to do some volunteer work for some very needy people. A retired GP I knew years ago recommended me, so i got headhunted.

Life on the Council is busy with the new planning regulations and other planning applications happening out this way. Our Community is becoming more active with projects and things, so time seems to be at a premium. i have been off doing training course to keep up to date with things and have a another meeting this evening.

i have been embroidering and finally got a wall hanging quilted. i started this about five years ago and gave it up as a bad joke, a lot of applique, reverse tracing and then doing things backwards to to get the right effect, not good for dyslexic, so did things my way and finally got it finished with the right effect according to pattern instructions. Now to quilt it. Still learning how to use my new sewing machine. All in all life is not too bad.
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Still cold and windy over here, raining on and off. Typical English winter weather or is it? 13C outside but colder with the wind chill factored in. just the way to spend the day sewing and embroidering.

i hope all is well with everyone.

Soft hugs
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

Good to see you back Phillipa, you seem to never stop.Hope you had a happy Christmas & New Year.

The Country Music Festival has finished here & the town is back to normal. It was not as busy this year as the drought meant a lot of people were hand feeding & also money was generally tighter. We are all praying for rain & cooler weather. This year has broken all records with most of Australia experiencing the hottest day ever. It is 35C here at the moment & not quite 10am. Would you like a little of our heat to warm you all up in the northern hemisphere?

I've been sewing most days sitting inside looking our at the struggling garden. Still on a campaign to use up fabric, I've made a lot of baby wraps for preemie babies at the hospital, quilts for the rehab department & toys for the siblings of children in hospital at McDonald House. I seem to be making headway.

I too miss seeing peoples photos & being able to share mine. Are we ever going to be able to do this again?

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Another cold crisp day over here. I don't mind the cold when it is sunny, sadly though we have another lot of bad weather heading our way, expected sometime this afternoon, so taking advantage of the stillness, my sheets and whites are on the line, getting what ray of sunshine might be bestowed on us when daylight breaks. It is 7.01am and still dark outside. Frost was crunching under my feet when I hung the washing out.

Everyone seems to be occupied and keeping busy, it's a nice little hobby we have.

Soft hugs to all.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Looks like I settle in to embroidery and sew for the next day or so, a snow bomb is suppose to hit us soon. Weathermen reckon it will be worse than the beast form the east of last Winter. The temperatures are dropping as I type this. Being the optimist I have washing hanging on the line. yesterday we had sunshine. My daffoldils are going to become snow flowers if the snow happens.

Soft hugs to all.

going

I am:
      Just SiCK

I saw the forecast for Britain & Europe on our news, Phillipa, sounds horrible. I think I prefer our extreme heat to your snow storm.

My sewing continues, just pottering away making things, one machine is embroidering while I sew on another.

Thread Information