• Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Daily check in 2019

Who you callin' Chicken?
      is a registered ol' hen!

I am:
      Friendly

Take care of yourself, Shastasmom. That hot weather you have been experiencing definitely takes its toll.

The area where my son lives was on lock-down last night while police and SWAT teams attempted to take someone into custody. Apparently, the suspect surrendered without harm.
      Never give up, never surrender.

A Lady of Good Heart
      is having a great time picking
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

A lot of excitement going on sice I last posted!

Congratulations, Shastasmom! The birthdate is around the corner and so is Christmas. How time flies! Take care of yourself and drink, drink, drink - even red wine will do...

I have been sewing, making lots of clothes for my little granddaughter and am building another sewing desk for a Triumph at the moment. That is my way of dealing with grief, keeping busy and making myself too tired to think.

Have a great day, girls!

The best person I can be, thru both happiness and grief
      is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

Good to hear from friends. I have been struggling with pain but just pushing along. I am getting things ready to welcome a new grandson in October. Daughter and I have been refinishing furniture for his nursery. DH and brother both up & down mentally and never know what a new day will bring. Also am helping with the 2 grands in Scouts. The Scout troop is going camping this weekend, I am going with and hoping to avoid getting sick from the heat. Got myself a present of a Babylock Spirit (gently used) that can take a 8x12 hoop and have not managed to get to use it yet. My first project will be a crib quilt and changer cover and have been gathering materials.

Sonia, Do not know what your grief is but am thinking of you and know how difficult it is to move on after a crisis.

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

So nice to hear from everyone. I am home. Doctor released me yesterday. I somehow got food poisoning, and that was the reason for my dehydration. So with lots of intravenous fluid and antibiotics, doctor thought I was well enough to go home.

La_cole that must have been scary for your son and you. Glad he is ok.

Sonia, my condolences on your grief. Glad you have a way to help you with it. Isn't it fun sewing and making things for the little ones. I'll bet your granddaughter is spoiled with all of the clothes that grandma makes for her.

TurtleOwl, be very careful in the heat while camping. Please stay in the shade and drink plenty of water.

I miss hearing from all of our friends that used to post on here. Wish they would post some before Shawn closes down the forum.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

A Lady of Good Heart
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

TurtleOwl, the Spirit looks like a nice machine. I hope you have lots of fun with it. I trust you had a great weekend and did not get affected by the heat.

It is going to take me a while to get the desk finished. I hope to have it done in the next 3 weeks, as the garage gets really hot during the day and summer is on its way here.

I would really like to get back into my sewing room, though. I bought fabric for quilts and lots of fabric for the little thief. I call her that because she totally stole my husband's heart. He says he traded me in for a younger model. Oh well, they still need me for nappy changes...

The best person I can be, thru both happiness and grief
      is in need of a vacation

I am:
      Tired

The grands had a great time on the camp-out and behaved well. I had to move slowly but had a nice time. We have one of the few Troops in our area that are a Boy troop & a Girl troop under the same leadership and the kids are all working together very well. Wish I had an easier to set up tent (although 10 years ago I would have said this one was nothing to erect) but have chosen the one I am using because it is tall enough to walk into and stand, and it has large windows on all sides for good airflow. I took a battery fan and was OK with the heat. Enjoyed visiting with the other adults.
      Yesterday worked on some FSL sand dollars for a friend and today took brother to Dr and ran errands. Hope to find more sewing time tomorrow.

A Lady of Good Heart
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

Glad to hear you survived the weekend without any mishap, TurtleOwl.

I completed one pedestal yesterday, now to fit the drawers. It is certainly not my strong point, but I hope to have it done by the end of today. Tomorrow I am off to the dentist to have a bridge fitted.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

I haven't had time to come on much, between watching grandsons and going to physical therapy the days they are not here. Still dealing with foot issues and don't want surgery.

I'm trying to get a stock of quilts for a craft sale this fall, but having to clean up and put things away every day is frustrating. I've sewn the majority of big quilt fabric up so am working on baby and sofa quilts.

Shastasmom, is Shawn planning to close the forums? I read the points for posting are gone, but i hope the forums stay. Seems like many of us use to post daily, that was such a nice thing for me when I was home alone so much. I so miss all those who have not been on her for some time.

Sonia, you are so talented! To do wood working like you do, that is a skill! And those little ones are thieves for sure, they steal our hearts so fast.

Turtleowl, chronic pain is no fun! But you seem to keep busy. Good luck with all the things you are making for the little one!

I hope you all have a great week!

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Granny Elen, I don't know if we are going to lose the forum or not. That is up to Shawn. I love the forum and the info is always here if we need to search for something. I just search today for a site that I haven't been to in a long time and was disappointed to see that they are no longer available. In the last 2 months, I have recommended 2 new people to this site as being my favorite. Sorry about your foot issues. I still have issues with mine after breaking it in 5 places in June 2018.

Sonia, I love your woodworking projects. Wish I was as talented as you, instead of having to depend on others to see my visions.

Turtleowl, glad you survived your camping weekend with the grands.

I have learned recently that I am going to be a great grandmother to a boy. He is due in December. So I have been busy making things for him. currently working on a crib quilt with John Deer Tractors on it.

PennyKasteel, miss seeing pictures of your trip.

I also miss the posting of others that used to post on here all the time. I think of them often.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

A Lady of Good Heart
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

It seems that we have to throw a baby party! Congratulations on the bundles of joy that will be appearing soon!

Elen, I can associate with your frustration having to pack up everything at night and then unpack the next day. That is what I have to do in the garage, and to be honest, it makes me totally disinterested in actually getting on with the desk. Some time ago I started designing a new table for my table saw, and the intention was to fit more power tools into it, but DBW and a contractor got involved in it and went totally overboard with sizes. Now I got a table on wheels that does nothing for me. It is too big and too high, and I never fitted my table saw into it. This monstrosity just became another rubbish dump. I have to set up pedestals with a worktop every day if I want to do something, because I cannot work on the floor. The result is I spend more time setting up and packing away than actually working.

Shastasmom, I do my designs in SketchUp. If you can learn to use it, you can design whatever you want and get someone to make it up for you.

NEW Wishlist Queen
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

Sonia, I so feel for you, i never tell hubby what i am thinking of making in the wood working shop as he takes over and then it is useless to me. i haven't done anything out there for so long!
      i finished physical therapy today. i may have lingering nerve pain but at least no surgery in the near future. now to get my back in alignment after wearing the walking boot for so long. maybe then i will feel good again.
      i have 2 baby quilts ready to go together. i am planning on taking part in a craft show this fall with quilts and fleece blankets. i have a decent amount ready. Trying to sew up fabric is a never ending job! my aprons sell like hotcakes and i am almost out of that fabric.
      has anyone heard from Phillipa? She hasn't posted since May.

Soft hugs to all Site Admin/Moderator
      is Live and love like there is no
      tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

I have been around, just not had time to do anything like checking in. So much going on. latest addition to the family arrived safely this month Maggie, a new great grand-daughter, another child to Nathan and Mikka.

Dad is settled into his domicile and starting to react a lot better, he enjoys and interacts with nursing staff but still does not mix with the other residents. i guess he has been on his own for so long, it takes time to relearn these social skills, but at 98 he is doing well and we know he is safe.

I am waiting for my new embroidery machine to arrive. it is a Brother Stellaire XE1. I have kept my V3, she is not going anywhere. My VQ2 is the nicest sewing machine I have ever owned, so I will not consider a combo machine.

I have a lot of reading to catch up with and see what the Sisters in Embroidery have been up to.

Getting this house ready to sell, lots of little jobs to be done. I promised my next door neighbour it wont be put on the market until she sells hers. Hers has been on the market now for six months and ours is different to hers.

Oh the weight loss, it is still coming off, so far I have lost 25kgs, for the Aussies it is the Gutsy programme. Penny, Brian is the surprise, he has shed over 30kgs and now is a smaller donut on legs, he has a waist of 40 inches, this time last year is 48 inches, slowly does it and it is staying off even when he falls off the wagon. less complaints about his aching limbs and no reflux whatsoever...

Soft hugs
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

A Lady of Good Heart
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

Phillipa, where are you moving to?

We have some more building happening here - the perimeter wall between us and one of the neighbours are being rebuilt. So building material being delivered, rubble and people everywhere. Another few years of getting the garden back to what it was again.

I am slowly getting used to being alone during the day. Sometimes it is difficult - I would walk into the lounge and start talking, only to realize MC is not there anymore...

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Sonia, so sad to read that MC is no longer with you.

Will the garden ever be finished? Always something to do. if it means you are safe it is important. Our little community used to be safe and we never had problems but the last 12 months things have changed dramatically with more antisocial behaviour and attempted break-ins. it has all happened since the Ministry of Defence has reduced the security patrols and the local police do not have the man power to patrol up here. We have a six foot fence around us and no-one knows what is on the inside. Sheep are being slaughtered in the fields and the best meat taken with the rest left to rot and be found by the farmers.. not nice at all. The alpacas have to be locked away at night, no longer safe in the fields.

Still no sign of my new machine I bet it is delivered late this evening or tomorrow..WAITING...
      Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Sonia. it is going to be a toss of the coin in the end..Texas or Australia either or is doable, Brian wants Texas, so do I..his residency could be a problem if I cark it before he does, depends on how long domiciled there, we also have more friends there as well two grand-daughters. Australia Brian would really have no-one apart from my family separated by distance as we are here.

A Lady of Good Heart
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

As soon as the garden is established, something in the line of building happens and everything starts all over again. Oh well, that is the way things are.

My son is nagging me to apply for an EU passport, as he is in the process of doing so. There is so much happening here and safety is not one of them. Having the builders here gets me on edge again. DBW doesn't think any of it is a problem, but he spends most of his time away from home, so I suppose it doesn't reallt affect him.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

Oh, an EU passport, how interesting? Where would you go if you left SA? Everyone over here who holds an EU passport will have to change it to a British passport after 31 October, well that is those who are British and Britain does leave the EU on that date. We are living in hope that it happens before you make the jump to the EU read up on the Treaty of Rome. it is not a bed of roses, crime is bad and borders are being closed in some EU countries to stop the refugees. All is not happy in Greece, Italy and Holland. France is swinging to the far right and Germany is not all that settled. the whole lot could implode. The one saving grace, Britain did not adopt the Euro as currency. It is so sad that you don't feel safe in your own home. I am glad I never gave up my Australian Citizenship and never applied for a British Citizenship.

A Lady of Good Heart
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

To be honest, Phillipa, I don't know. Rob is a Dutch citizen, so Nic is applying at the Dutch Embassy. He has also been going to Georgia on a regular basis and has established bank accounts there. I have not really given it any thought, as Rob had always been reluctant for me to go through the whole process.

All I know for certain, is that South Africa is not a happy country at the moment. As a woman I am not safe anywhere, and the xenophobia here is terrifying, not to mention the racism and violence against the white South Africans.

tomorrow

I am:
      Friendly

It seems the Dutch passport might be the way to go being married to a Dutch national. it is a big step but for safety reasons it seems necessary. Georgia is not part of the EU yet, but with Brexit, it might get an open door to EU. I know it opened dialogue to gain admittance in July. Your decision is far bigger than ours.

I am still waiting for delivery of my new machine..It only has to come down the road 110 miies..

A Lady of Good Heart
      flowers off my machine!

I am:
      Amused

Nic has no option but to do it. There is no future for my grandchild in this country, and the sooner they leave, the better for the baby. I am not looking forward to that day, but one learns to cope with everything life throws at you. I haven't had a chance to speak to him about the destination country yet, I hope we can do it over the weekend.

Thread Information