• Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Realignment of DesignsBySiCK.com

Site Owner
      is Oh boy! What a great day!

I am:
      Cool

Unhappy Realignment of DesignsBySiCK.com

We are not making money. We scaled to 300 people online at a time down to 30 or so. I can not afford to pay operating costs from my pocket.

So, we are going to scale down the site to subscription based, starting at $5.00 a month.

Points will be gone, forums will be gone. These are the biggest resources on the back end databases that a future single server can't handle. We will probably move to a smaller, affordable server. Currently with backups and DVD fulfillment, email and bulk downloaders we require 3 servers to operate.

Current VIP subscriptions will continue as well as the daily free design. Single designs and design sets will no longer be available, but your past purchases will.

Your past points purchases will not be available after the server move, so buy and download asap.

Voting for new design sets will continue and at least 2 new design sets every week. This may increase depending on how I fix the monthly expenses.

No clue on when I will implement this but there will be a warning.

So, please comments are welcome.

Wishlist Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Crazy

I suggest hiring a business manager. The free designs drew people in. The hunt helped people see what you had. I worked hard categorizing designs to get a lot of my points, with the ocasional jackpot win. I used to spend lots of time here looking around. Once the points go away, so will I. I was a disgruntled customer the last time I lost points. I lost more than I will this time. Once I am gone, I won't be back. You may say "goodbye and good riddance" But I really think you need to talk to someone about retention...

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

You do what you must.....you have to eat too.....thanks for all you have given. I will be back
      Darlene

Quiet Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thanks for warning, Shawn, its been fun.

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Thanks for all you did for us. I am retired and this site has been the best thing, keeps me being creative, I love it. Best wishes to you, your family and staff!

Lifeblood of the Forums
      is acting cheerleader for our
      votes.

I am:
      Friendly

I'm sorry things have not been working well for you. I have enjoyed this site the past few years, but I will probably not be a subscriber. I feel that taking away the point for the hunt is what caused the site traffic to decline so sharply. I'm sure there were others like me that did the hunt for the point even if we didn't need or want the design. Sometimes the hunt was a little difficult which required a lot of page clicks. I also believe you are far too generous with points for categorization. I appreciate them, but would have done it for less. Thank you for letting us know what's going on and thank you for the past few years. I also really liked the forum and will be sad to see it go, but I understand it takes up a lot of space. I wish you well in the coming years.
      blessings,
      sewtired

Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Amused

I personally enjoy the forums and will be sad to see them go. I come here many times during the day looking for info on different stuff. Perhaps maybe cleaning them up would help to shrink the size so we could keep them. Get rid of all the old threads that aren't used or haven't been used in over a yr and the active threads, delete the messages over a yr old.

Thanks
      Catlynn

Active Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

Are we losing the points we already have? I also enjoy the forums, I'm not able to do a monthly subscription, money is tight here also--I might be interested in a 6 month all you can eat (LOL)...
      Last edited by sandyf56; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:40 PM.

Quiet Forum Member
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

I understand your position from a business viewpoint. However, as a retired person, the prescription based embroidery websites get expensive when you are on a tight budget. I haven't purchased in a while because of budget, but do own many of your designs and have enjoyed your website for many years. I wish you only the best success! Thank you for the many years.

Active Forum Member
      is Raising teenagers is like
      nailing Jello to a tree!

I am:
      Shy

I really don't understand how people can complain about the free designs, they are a gift! Shame on those (just a few) complaining about the loss. To see some post it seems they never bought anything. I'm on disability but years ago I scrimped and saved for a lifetime membership, I don't know how Shawn can do the memberships. And Shawn, I never understood in the first place how you could do all those free designs. But having to have a membership may scare off some new buyers off even though a months membership at $5 dollars is a steal. It's less than a set. This is JMHO. It may be a good selling strategy, what do I know? Due to health issues and being out of touch for three years I feel Shawn knows best about his business. I would hate to see this wonderful site close as so many have. Buck up people, be supportive, stop complaining and buy a most inexpensive membership. Sorry, but I won't miss the forums. I see very little activity, not like years ago. I like the Facebook group. Members, please don't yell me for expressing my thoughts after years of inactivity. I have early Parkinson's and with my hands shaking so much it has taken me over an hour to type this. Delete this post if I am out of line.

P.S. What about an alphabet at one free letter a week to help draw people in?
      Last edited by Pinon; 1 Week Ago at 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling :)

'Tis love we get when love we bring
      is wishing summer was still here.

I am:
      Happy

Pinon, I totally agree with you on most points. Points and free designs are a gift. I will hate to see the forum go as I do use it a lot and I know others do also. They may not post as much as they used to or post at all. However, there is a lot of useful information in the forums. People just need to start searching for what they want. I have been on here off and on since 2004, altho only a member since 2008. I do hope that Shawn can keep the forum going.
      A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
      Click daily for both https://thebreastcancersite.greatergood.com and http://www.brotherearth.com/en/top.h...k=BrotherEarth

Forum Friend
      Just not sure

I am:
      Just SiCK

I also love these forums and will miss them sorely if they are closed. I may not post often but I know that if I need to find an answer to most embroidery related questions I only need to use the search function to get the help I need. - So many years of good advice have been stored here and it would be a great sadness if that is gone forever

Twinkle, Twinkle Pretty Star
      Just not sure

I am:
      Happy

I too will hate to see the forum go even though I don't be here everyday. I still like checking in to see what and how everyone's doing.

Thread Information